Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Has there been any word on PC performance? I'm a bit worried about how my 770 will handle this.

Danikas

Arcane
It's truly hilarious witnessing the final effects of so many years of dumbing down and the popamoling of "RPGs" over the years:

- It's too hard!

- You have to actually find someone to learn new skills!

- Where are the trainers?!?

- SO DIFFICULT!

Reap what thouest have unwittingly sewn, thou casual heathens. HA!

ELEX!

I'd be interested in you telling me your top 10 favorite games of the last five years.

Off the top of my head:

- Witcher 3
- Underrail
- Grimoire
- Uhhhh..............

So in five years you liked 3 games?

- Fallout 4

- Prey

- Doom

- Gene Roddenberry's Electronic Art's: Andromeda

I was already certain the vast majority of the codex community where rpg hating console retards. I just love how the staff here are to cowardly to admit the 10 games they love. I bet not one will list them, and the ones they list will be the acceptable ones to like per the retarded hivemind of the small portion of this community that have even tried playing rpgs.

IM NOT AFRAID Top10 of the century.

1. ELEX
2. Gothic 2 + Notr
3. Gothic
4. Elex
5. Risen
6. Gothic 3
7. Risen 2
8. Risen 3
9. Warehouse and Logistics Simulator
10. Gothic 3 forsaken gods
11. Crane simulator

ortucis

Prophet
I mean, if you actually want a list of RPG's played in last 5 years, I liked Wasteland 2 and Original Sin along with Grim Dawn. Didn't care much for any new RPG's from Obsidian and Exile people.

But so sick and tired of fucking top down games. I want a good third person WRPG and that is why, ELEX.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
It's truly hilarious witnessing the final effects of so many years of dumbing down and the popamoling of "RPGs" over the years:

- It's too hard!

- SO DIFFICULT!

ELEX!

I'd be interested in you telling me your top 10 favorite games of the last five years.

Off the top of my head:

- Witcher 3
- Underrail
- Grimoire
- Uhhhh..............

- Fallout 4

- Prey

- Doom

I was already certain the vast majority of the codex community where rpg hating console retards. I just love how the staff here are to cowardly to admit the 10 games they love. I bet not one will list them, and the ones they list will be the acceptable ones to like per the retarded hivemind of the small portion of this community that have even tried playing rpgs.

How about you start? 10 Games 5 years!

If it werent for New Vegas and ARMA 2&3 no game released within in the last 10 years would be in my Top 100...

Jinn

Arcane
Please do not engage him in this thread. We are too close to glory for it to turn into that.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
This filfthy Playstation review has just proved ELEX as a greatest game of the decade.
:positive:

No joking!

Some bits in there are just pathetic and tell more about the writer than the game.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
God this game sucks. Combat shouldn't be hard! Why is everything killing me? This is so unfair. Where are all the tranny black men?
Also:
impgnn.png

:incline:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Around 2000-2100 in my timezone, although buying & downloading/pirating it (because I can't buy it right now and need to wait until thursday or friday for that) would take up another hour.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

- It's too hard!

- SO DIFFICULT!

ELEX!

Off the top of my head:

- Witcher 3
- Underrail
- Grimoire
- Uhhhh..............

- Fallout 4

- Prey

- Doom

How about you start? 10 Games 5 years!

If it werent for New Vegas and ARMA 2&3 no game released within in the last 10 years would be in my Top 100...

Shit, I have more than 10.

WL2 DC, AoD. Underrail, TToN, both XComs, DOS 1 & 2, SitSL, PoE, Tyranny, all 3 Shadowruns, the online Shadowrun game (Boston Lockdown), the only RTwP game with good combat I always talk about and cant remember the name of at this moment, Waste Walker, ME 3, Knights of the Chalice, all the Spiderweb games that came out in the last 5 years, Last Dream, Expeditions Vikings, Xiluma (or whatever the correct spelling is), Wildstar, Frayed Knights, Grimoire, MMX, Blackguards 1, Dead State, and more if I had more time to think.

And that isn't even listing all the ones I like and think are worth playing like Shadows-Heretic Kingdom, Bloodlust, I hate to say it since it was a dumbed down piece of shit compared to one but I did enjoy Blackguards 2, I put a good chunk of time into Balrum and ME:A and Sword Coast Legends (which raped and misued the D&D 5e label and was a made up shit rpg system, but I still played it enough to have enjoyed something about it). Generation Xth code something (both real pc and steam versions), Xenonaughts, Shock Tactics, Heroes of Steel, Templar Battlesomething, Dex, Antharion, Voidspire Tactics and whatever the second one was called (started with an A). I enjoyed Lords of the Fallen, Mars War Logs, and whatever the last game to come out from the Mars War Logs people was called that was kind of ME-ish. I didn;t really love them, but played all 3 for over 20 hours, which is a lot for me. I could go on and on.

I like games. Well, I like rpgs and some other games with heavy rpg elements. I'm not ashamed of any of the games I like even when they come from mega-corpgs that I hate like Bioware. I played all three ME games multiple times. I put in over 20 hours of ME:A and liked the improved rpg systems, but disliked the main character and pretty much all the content. It is like Mass Effect - Canada. Its just not the same as kicking ass with with my Shepard, who wasn't a skinny Canadian pussy with a pussy voice and no good dialogue options. But, 20 hours is 20 hours. I could only stand the shit games you fucking peons love for less than two hours.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

WL2 DC, AoD. Underrail, TToN, both XComs, DOS 1 & 2, SitSL, PoE, Tyranny, all 3 Shadowruns.

I’m going to get covered in turds for saying this, so let the feces fly.

YES! may be obnoxious, but I can forgive anything from a man who admits to really liking the much-maligned Numenera on this forum (and to a lesser extent, the not quite as much maligned Tyranny and PoE). Sure, Numenera was no PS:T, but nothing is. Still, I compulsively devoured every damned word of that game. I just wish it had been longer (and filled out with more and better combat, even the dull RTwP combat from Planescape, and paid up for the Planescape license for a better setting, and either had stat checks or made it harder to replenish the might/speed/intelligence pools). Okay, it wasn’t perfect, but since when do we judge a game against perfection? We can’t, at least not until Elex comes out later today.

So thank you YES!/Roqua for fighting the good fight, even if your writing style sometimes makes me want to claw out my own eyes.

Newfag out.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I mean that reviewer seems pretty wrong about the game being hard, watching the gameplay review and it's pretty much nothing compared to dark souls, dodge a few attacks with ult and then hit people wow so hard. He might just be right about the controls being an awkward version of Dark Souls with bad timings that feels bad, that definitely seems correct.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I'm not sure of what I said that made all you dummies get all philosophical. Do you think reviews are great and help decide what you should like and buy? And you disagree that knowing the tastes and game's the reviewer liked are pertinent? And you agree that a moderator of a specific game genre liked only 3 games in 5 years that he is willing to admit to? You know the loved games list of the key reviewers of this site is half kid's games like pokemon and half games completely devoid of rpg elements like whatever popular console games come all the time. I honestly don't see how what these monkeys think is pertinent to any sane person who comes to this site because they actually like this genre and the games that are released for this genre.

Maybe one of you brainiacs can enlighten me?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

WL2 DC, AoD. Underrail, TToN, both XComs, DOS 1 & 2, SitSL, PoE, Tyranny, all 3 Shadowruns.

I’m going to get covered in turds for saying this, so let the feces fly.

YES! may be obnoxious, but I can forgive anything from a man who admits to really liking the much-maligned Numenera on this forum (and to a lesser extent, the not quite as much maligned Tyranny and PoE). Sure, Numenera was no PS:T, but nothing is. Still, I compulsively devoured every damned word of that game. I just wish it had been longer (and filled out with more and better combat, even the dull RTwP combat from Planescape, and paid up for the Planescape license for a better setting, and either had stat checks or made it harder to replenish the might/speed/intelligence pools). Okay, it wasn’t perfect, but since when do we judge a game against perfection? We can’t, at least not until Elex comes out later today.

So thank you YES!/Roqua for fighting the good fight, even if your writing style sometimes makes me want to claw out my own eyes.

Newfag out.

What obnoxious things have I done? What specifically about my writing style makes you want to claw your eyes out? Saying stupid shit is fun and all, but if you want to go from saying stupid shit to helping me improve please articulate. And only fucking super downies would ever li9ke something and not admit to it on an online forum filled with kids and dummies. Sure, there is shit I hide from people in real life because you kind of have to at work and want to from people who matter and would use it as ammo to make fun of you. But online? With you silly bitches?

I have scientifically proven superior taste in rpgs than anyone else. Only my opinion matters. Since I say TToN is good you can take that to the bank.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

- It's too hard!

- SO DIFFICULT!

ELEX!

I wonder, how this game about hobbits called Orcs from the Box was called - is it RPG?

Underrail, Dungeon Rats, roguelikes like Elona, Caves of Qud and Fallout 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom