Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
The ultimate ELEX.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
My assumptions have proven true, you can destroy everything! you can backstab anything! It will be glorious, the replay potential is huge.

If only there was ground destruction and massive weapons to obliterate cities (apart from the scripted quests where there are nuclear weapons) it would be perfection.

Maybe for Elex 2 ? Destroy whole Magalan with Orbital strike? Piranha pls.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
and not a word in these so called 'professional' reviews that you can kill every npc and the story will adapt....

pathetic, that's why I don't pay attention to 'reviews' since over 15 years.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The ui is pure console cancer :deadtroll:

Haven't yiou seen UI of Gothic 1 which was PC only ?

maxresdefault.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Getting XP for combat in this day and age in a RPG is like a breath of fresh air, all PB had to do vs competition was to not go retarded.

tenor.gif

ortucis

Prophet
I am busy playing so many shitty Indie Steam games these days that ELEX will be a fucking heaven for me, no matter what happens with the game.

Basically, nothing can possibly go wrong.. for me. :smug:

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
Just bought Elex. Looks like a third-person RPG with actual RPG mechanics finally worth playing.

Besides, people are acting like the modern Fallout games don't have some of the most shit graphical issues ever. Elex is like a 30 man dev team and I bet the game is still less graphically wonky in the long run. People will praise Bethesda though and shit on PB for some reason.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Just bought Elex. Looks like a third-person RPG with actual RPG mechanics finally worth playing.

Besides, people are acting like the modern Fallout games don't have some of the most shit graphical issues ever. Elex is like a 30 man dev team and I bet the game is still less graphically wonky in the long run. People will praise Bethesda though and shit on PB for some reason.

Please... the gold standard for codex as bestest rpg of the last decade is Witcher 3 (we even officialized it with a fucking vote), if ELEX is not up to codex standards its not our fault.

bataille

Arcane
The running animation looks almost exactly like in gothic. It seems that piranhas really are more of a family than the usual enterprise that pops out random games. Pretty cool if true and not my eyes tricking me again.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
The ui of elex is refined and streamlined, complexity to the point of obfuscating gameplay is not good. Only manboons like spreadsheets instead of games.
Even if you don't like the ui, you can forget about it by using the saw sword, like a real space marine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom