Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
careful guys we've got a badass who knows his xbox and ps store here

I love being lectured on how the business side of this industry works by neckbearded Eurotrash and angry shitposters.

careful guys we've got an actual badass over here
You mean colonial. It is amusing how the biggest trash from Europa went to the new lands,and a now they call us "eurotrash". Judging by the Ozzies that i have met, american colonist are beneath criminals.

I agree, it is kind of a amazing how a bunch of cast-offs and indentured servants were able to build a superpower, meanwhile Bulgaria has one of the lowest per-capita incomes in the whole fucking EU. I'm sure there's no jealousy there, nosiree. Anyway, you don't have to respond, I know you are probably on an hourly rate at your local internet cafe.
LoL your ignorance is astonishing,but what to expect from a freedom dude! Every time i respond to you,a bunch of brein cells decide to migrate to the amygdala. It is amusing how you think that a country with 20,370,600,700,000 debt is the strongest economy in the world. I hate to break it to you but america is hardly a super power this days. Even a german cumbucket like the EU is far better that you,let alone India,Russia and China. My country will be the same in 10-20 years,while america will hit rock bottom,and you dear sir will be doing bolwjobs for a few slices of bread.
Oh,it is amusing how you think that your people were cast-offs and servants. More along the lines of deranged rapists,homeless drunks and grave robbers.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Nordic guys are cool, I hope for their sake this game is successful. But, I also hope several Codex posters are terribly disappointed and have to eat shit. I am torn on this one.

Why do wish suffering on your fellow Codexers?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I agree, it is kind of a amazing how a bunch of cast-offs and indentured servants were able to build a superpower, meanwhile Bulgaria has one of the lowest per-capita incomes in the whole fucking EU. I'm sure there's no jealousy there, nosiree. Anyway, you don't have to respond, I know you are probably on an hourly rate at your local internet cafe.

Shut the fuck up, you stupid faggot.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
10% off preorders is also increasingly a market standard, you moron

No, not really. You don't see pre-order discounts on games that will be hits (regardless of how the Codex feels about them). Look at WWE, any new Bethesda game, Destiny 2, etc.

Also, it is clear that many of you don't understand how pricing/publishing works. Digital storefronts are usually the ones that decide if a game is going to be discounted, not the publisher -- within boundaries set by the publisher/distributor during the contract phase. In other words, the distributor can say "We reserve the right to offer the game XYZ discount for n days, or until blah blah blah." This is totally normal.

If you go to Steam and the PS store, the game is 10% off. If you visit the XBox store, it is full price. That, right there, tells you that the publisher is not controlling the discount.

Rather, what has likely happened is that PS and Steam have looked at the game and the early reviews (in fact, have no doubt already played it themselves), and have said "Well, this looks like it is going to be shit, let's get what we can out of the gate!"

1. Valve doesn't set prices at all, that is all on the publisher.
2. Authorized third party sellers like GMG do have their own discount, in addition to a publisher-sanctioned discount. In this instance they are effectively giving up their portion of the sale for traffic.
3. If your supposition is true that Steam and PS store look at a game and say "This is going to be shit, let's get what we can out of the gate?" Then why does GMG or other sites sell Wolfenstein 2 with a discount? Do you really think they think it will flop? Or could it be that they are hoping for people to purchase there instead of somewhere else?

all around I rate this post: :retarded:

you come in here to shit on ELEX but really just showed your own biases and hate.. get help, son.

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't think it's biases and hate, I think it's just stupidity

It is not their fault that they cannot see the glory of ELEX

Latelistener

Arcane
DFqQvrZXgAAWNCr.jpg

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I love reading all the console gamer bashing and general game name dropping in console game threads. It gives me great joy when all the people that shouldn't be posting on the codex in the first place attack each other with references and sources no one on the codex should know or give a shit about.

The nuecodex is alive in these threads. But, this seems like it could be a console game that puts rpg first so I might buy it on release of that's true. And if that is true it makes sense why there is fighting in this thread and everyone calling it shit, since you don't see that shit with the latest console My Little Pony jrpgs you fucking morons love.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Its a bit less than 39 (if you factor in the shop credit) Euroshekels on GoodOldGoyim.
Really torn between preordering and not, because fuck preordering.

Danikas

Arcane
I love reading all the console gamer bashing and general game name dropping in console game threads. It gives me great joy when all the people that shouldn't be posting on the codex in the first place attack each other with references and sources no one on the codex should know or give a shit about.

The nuecodex is alive in these threads. But, this seems like it could be a console game that puts rpg first so I might buy it on release of that's true. And if that is true it makes sense why there is fighting in this thread and everyone calling it shit, since you don't see that shit with the latest console My Little Pony jrpgs you fucking morons love.

Elex will bring order to this fallen world.

Last edited:

ortucis

Prophet
Its a bit less than 39 (if you factor in the shop credit) Euroshekels on GoodOldGoyim.

Honestly, for me, it wasn't just about ELEX, but it was more about supporting PB, considering they are the only developers left making these third person RPG's similar to Gothic. I don't really see any other developer making 3rd person western RPG's anymore, at least not the good ones (Fallout 4, Andromeda, Inquisition.. piles of filth). Obsidian is forever stuck making these fucking top down RPG's, so they're out.

Do you really want a future where only Bethesda and Bioware are left making Fallout 4's and Andromeda's? I don't.

Do your duty, pre-order ELEX.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Honestly, for me, it wasn't just about ELEX, but it was more about supporting PB, considering they are the only developers left making these third person RPG's similar to Gothic. I don't really see any other developer making 3rd person western RPG's anymore, at least not the good ones (Fallout 4, Andromeda, Inquisition.. piles of filth). Obsidian is forever stuck making these fucking top down RPG's, so they're out.

Do you really want a future where only Bethesda and Bioware are left making Fallout 4's and Andromeda's? I don't.

PB ceased being PB after Risen 1. There's really nothing left to support until they decide to go niche and do a throwback to the older Gothic games.

ortucis

Prophet

PB ceased being PB after Risen 1. There's really nothing left to support until they decide to go niche and do a throwback to the older Gothic games.

I didn't like any game in Risen series but, seriously, Risen is leagues above shit Bethesda and BioWare are peddling in the name of "RPG".

Also, I doubt it they'll touch Gothic anytime soon. Way too much hype and expectations with that name. Maybe they'll go back to it if ELEX is a success so they know what to replicate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom