Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They certainly do not insult the player's intelligence as much as a game like Fallout 4 which made me uninstall it after only 30 minutes of face-palming.

Risen 2 and 3, even with all their failures, seemed to me much less boring than the more ambitious latest snooze-fests from Inxile or Obsidian.
pillars of eternity even tyranny is better than risen games which is better than TES games or bethesda fallout.

Doktor Best

Arcane
You really figured out the keypoints that make out a high quality rpg.
What more can we expect from PB? I mean, this is a shovelware developer, with half asses releases similar in quality to Spiders.

This is true for their last 2 games. During the development of those 2 games they had big troubles with their former publisher Deep Silver, who interfered with their design choices (moar awesomebuttons!) and set them under time pressure because they wanted quick releases for quick money. Other than that their only major fuckup was Gothic 3, which led them to their partnership with Deep Silver.

Risen 1 was good and Gothic 1+2 were great games, far from shovelware level.

I'm not saying Elex will definitely be great, but assuming that Mass Effect Andromeda will be the better game because they pumped more money into movement animations is not a judgement i would see as valuable.

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
The ONLY thing they must do is interesting nonrandom nonscaled loot and no quest compass. It's really enough to satisfy an exploration game thirst.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The ONLY thing they must do is interesting nonrandom nonscaled loot and no quest compass. It's really enough to satisfy an exploration game thirst.

Go in someone's garden and throw some pins around and then try to find them all. You could have so much fun.

Last edited:

Aenra

I still can't get over the 24th century technology co-existing with dinosaurs and 14th century spears.. Anyway you look it, this is so fucking retarded it just kills me. Just thematically, forget the implementation.

Can't understand how most you retards find this.. O.K.? Meh? I can't get over it, lol

Kraszu

Prophet
I still can't get over the 24th century technology co-existing with dinosaurs and 14th century spears.. Anyway you look it, this is so fucking retarded it just kills me. Just thematically, forget the implementation.

Can't understand how most you retards find this.. O.K.? Meh? I can't get over it, lol

It is retarded, but I might be able to get over it if the game is good. I don't see how they could think that this was a good idea tho.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They make a cinematic trailer without the Jetpack?
:negative:
If there was anymore cheese in that trailer, Swiss would be forced into bankruptcy...

But, who cares. The age of ELEX cometh! Soon, ELEX will be upon us all!

Tigranes

Arcane
We'll need to implement ELEX as the new forum currency, unifying the current bloat of local, asymmetric modes of exchange such as parrots and trumps

harhar!

Augur
I don't know if Risen 2 and 3 used the same engine as Risen 1 but combat felt significantly worse in the sequels than it did in the original. ELEX using Risen 3 engine isn't very promising.

The engine is the "genome" engine that they used since Gothic 3. Though almost no part of the engine is still the same, so is it truly the same engine still? It's a ship of Theseus kind off situation. Also, people always blame the engine for shit that it doesn't do. Shitty animations and textures mean that the animations and textures are shit, not that the engine is shit.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Why TBA? Gamestar said release date is 17th October.
GOG has the same release date listed, too. It's weird.

Might actually be a "TBA" on collector's box-sets. Perhaps they are still calculating demand.
Good point, actually, yeah. It makes sense, since they've just started pushing pre-orders. Might be part of gauging interest to see how many CE:s they should make.

I must say, I'm getting mildly excited for this game. Sorry guys, but that means that the game is going to suck enormously.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom