Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like something out of 2008.
still looks better than fallout 4

Nope. It doesn't.

I know it's cool to hate Bethesda but Fallout 4 - (((while a piece of shit as a game))) - looks decent compared to this shit.

Please don't make link images with F4.
dumbfuck.gif

village_idiot.gif

weasel.gif

from the descriptions alone this already looks better than fallout 4 shit. even at its worst (risen 2) PB still make better game than post 2002 bethesda

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Nope. It doesn't.

I know it's cool to hate Bethesda but Fallout 4 - (((while a piece of shit as a game))) - looks decent compared to this shit.

dumbfuck.gif

village_idiot.gif

weasel.gif

from the descriptions alone this already looks better than fallout 4 shit. even at its worst (risen 2) PB still make better game than post 2002 bethesda

You are saying that you are retarded and you got no arguments!? Nice. Carry on.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Nope. It doesn't.

dumbfuck.gif

village_idiot.gif

weasel.gif

You are saying that you are retarded and you got no arguments!? Nice. Carry on.
says the guy with equally no arguments and those tags

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, Fallout 4 does look fine.
Not Witcher 3 levels, of course, but I don't get the complaints about its graphics where that is probably the only thing about the game that is not downright horrible...

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Elex looks like shit, how can someone be defending it... Even mass effect Andromeda managed to do jetpacks and basic traversal of terrain much better than what they showed in that video.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Elex looks like shit, how can someone be defending it... Even mass effect Andromeda managed to do jetpacks and basic traversal of terrain much better than what they showed in that video.
You really figured out the keypoints that make out a high quality rpg.

Haha, the level of irony is unmatched. Of all the good things to take from Witcher 3, they took the rolling. I expected this from Bethesda, not Piranha Bytes, alas nu-PB disappoints. What is this fascination with rolling anyway?

What is this fascination with rolling anyway?

It's a parasite infestation that makes the developer crazy and cling onto it like his life depended on it. "There is no other way!"

I just don't get it at all. I mean I can understand a roll being included into a movie, as a one-time thing in a certain context, but as a regular technique that you do over and over again? I can't possibly imagine a more ridiculous, less effective movement. And this while there are beautiful, effective techniques that no one is trying to implement, like detailed foot-work, in-depth parrying (beyond just click to parry), feints, and advanced moves such as half-swording and strikes with the pommel. No, let's just roll around instead!

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Haha, the level of irony is unmatched. Of all the good things to take from Witcher 3, they took the rolling. I expected this from Bethesda, not Piranha Bytes, alas nu-PB disappoints. What is this fascination with rolling anyway?
Rolling was in Risen 2 and 3 already, although it was pretty pointless to use it. Risen 1, on the other hand, had those instadodge enemies that looked like they fucking teleported, which was even worse (although the entire package of combat was undoubtedly much, much better in 1).

I don't understand why you bash Piranha Bytes as much. I did like Risen 2 and 3. Ok, of course, they were not as good as Gothic & Gothic 2. But they are decent. I absolutely understand the Codex when it encourages half-screwed indie RPGs in development or bashes shit such as Fallout 3, Oblivion or all of Bioware games from the last decades, but absolutely trashing Piranha Bytes seems a little violent for me.
They still have good production values, valid RPG systems, and solid gameplay.

They certainly do not insult the player's intelligence as much as a game like Fallout 4 which made me uninstall it after only 30 minutes of face-palming.

Risen 2 and 3, even with all their failures, seemed to me much less boring than the more ambitious latest snooze-fests from Inxile or Obsidian.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom