Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Kahr

It's their second attempt in big world and you're saying Risen 1? Bullshit! Obviously it will be Gothic 3 all over again. Possibly with fewer bugs. But nevertheless with a lot fetch quests. Looks like it will have kind of real guilds, so a decent, but retarded trash game looks like the last four. A lot of naive people here for it being the codex.

Gesendet von meinem Huawei Honor 5x Tapatalk benutzend.

ortucis

Prophet
I hope this is fun. It feels like I haven't played & enjoyed anything other than Prison Architect in 2016. Got so tired of playing same shit over-hyped games (Indie or AAA).

I just want a good old fashioned RPG. Is it too much to ask? :(

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope this is fun. It feels like I haven't played & enjoyed anything other than Prison Architect in 2016. Got so tired of playing same shit over-hyped games (Indie or AAA).

play underrail or age of decadence and dungeon rats

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

Give Inquisitor a go...
Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-177134.png

huckc

Novice
The Gothic 3 world was really bad, more like a perfectly symmetric RTS map and not a plausible land mass. Got bored very quickly.

It was literally top 1/3 was snowy, 1/3 middle was moderate, 1/3 bottom was desert. How lazy can you get.

ortucis

Prophet

play underrail or age of decadence and dungeon rats

Played them (except for Dungeon Rats).

Like I said, "over-hyped".

Also, I am sick and tired of these pretentious isometric RPG's now (and of people who think it makes them "good" rpg's). Fuck them, fuck them up their arse. Fucking 2016 is about to end and all these RPG's can't even top Torment's story or Arcanum's.. everything else. "Herp derp, we are isometric, Infinity engine u guyz". Fucking hell.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Like I said, "over-hyped".

Also, I am sick and tired of these pretentious isometric RPG's now (and of people who think it makes them "good" rpg's). Fuck them, fuck them up their arse. Fucking 2016 is about to end and all these RPG's can't even top Torment's story or Arcanum's.. everything else. "Herp derp, we are isometric, Infinity engine u guyz". Fucking hell.

Our Tyranny review might change your mind.

ortucis

Prophet
Our Tyranny review might change your mind.

Well, looking forward to that then.

On the side note, I recently bought Guild Wars 2 + Expansion and have spend like 100 hrs in-game. It's a simple RPG and the fact that hundreds of players randomly get involved in beating the shit out of bosses, is just so entertaining. But I solo that game when nothing doing that. Hoping ELEX will also be a good SP experience, like I had when I played Gothic.

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like it. Wanna go to that mountain and explore that constructions. Hoping the combat will be good.

ortucis

Prophet
Looking surprisingly good. They must've upped the visual quality since that demo playthrough.

Quillon

Arcane
Combat looks like shit as expected as bad as those cactus-like things. At least there are guns tho, might help ignore how bad it is.

How do these guys still in business after all those crappy risen games? And why don't they get any better...

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The latest videos look slightly better then what we saw before, I think. So they indeed do some polishing.

Severian Silk

Lots of bloom and lens flare in those movies. Looks better than Oblivion/Skyrim tho.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
It hurts me so much to know that I will buy it anyway and play through it multiple times. And I won't change my mind throughout the entire year that's left until it's released.

But the recent updates do look better than the initial videos. I'm a bit worried about hearing that they're planning to copy-paste bad mechanics from Risen 3 to this, eh.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom