Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I get the impression that If only these people scaled back and focused on a more indie-style game (less focus on modern visuals and presentation, more on game mechanics and content) than the epic bombastic style they've been stuck with, they might be able to put out something good.
I would sacrifice someone's firstborn for them to make sci fi game that is on gothic scale of quality. Doesnt matter if it had gothic 1 graphix

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I would sacrifice someone's firstborn for them to make sci fi game that is on gothic scale of quality. Doesnt matter if it had gothic 1 graphix

Would be interesting to see a re-imagined Gothic in a sci-fi settings. It might be set on a prison planet (like in Alien 3), where there's a revolt with rivaling factions.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Can't wait to try out the revolutionary new jetpack bump-into-invisible-walls-device.

If anything games oughta use combat like Blade of Darkness.

I agree 100%.

Unfortunately, Blade's combat was considered "clunky" by most players and is one of the main reasons why the game flopped so hard when it was first released.

Blade's real time combat that allows completely free movement when engaging enemies is several notches above the tactical combat of Gothic 2.

I'm playing The Witcher #1 ATM and I admit that the combat is far worse than either Blade, Gothic 2, or Risen 1.

I'm not sure if all of this has been mentioned here: http://community.elexgame.com/threads/207-All-Confirmed-ELEX-Info

For example
3.Every single chest in the game is handfilled(loot isn't randomly put there)
4.Minimap isn't mandatory( isn't necessary at all cost)
8.Quest system will be like in Gothic series where the recordings will be written on 1st person preview.
9.Almost all NPCs will be killable
10.Everytime you start a new game you will begin in a different side of the map

Doesn't sound too bad.

They said the same thing for the last 3 games and they did not deliver.

Name dropping Gothic again ... is lack of imagination.

Fuck'em.

If you're a dev that has to name drop your 15YR old IP just to get people to pay attention you should go into permanent retirement.

sullynathan

Arcane
The fuck? Severance is wildly overrated here because it's old and a pc exclusive. Dark souls, a console game, superseded it in every way.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Can't get hyped for this. Never forget the garbage that was Gothic 3.

Who the fuck came up with the name ELEX? jeez...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Finally, a chance to pull out my old interview!

Bubbles: Why did you choose the name ELEX for your game? It's a very odd sounding name; it sounds like the name for a drug.

“Well, that's exactly what it is! It is a drug!” [I phrased my question sloppily, so he deserved that victory.] Then Michael elaborated. There were two key factors that inspired them to choose the name ELEX:

1) Symmetry: “'ELEX' works very nice symmetrically; it has 2 'E's and an 'X' at the end.”

2) Availability: “When you make a new game, you want to choose a title that you can really own. It's getting harder and harder today to find a unique name that's still available on sites like twitter and facebook. 'ELEX' was still available.”

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob

Finally, a chance to pull out my old interview!

Bubbles: Why did you choose the name ELEX for your game? It's a very odd sounding name; it sounds like the name for a drug.

“Well, that's exactly what it is! It is a drug!” [I phrased my question sloppily, so he deserved that victory.] Then Michael elaborated. There were two key factors that inspired them to choose the name ELEX:

1) Symmetry: “'ELEX' works very nice symmetrically; it has 2 'E's and an 'X' at the end.”

2) Availability: “When you make a new game, you want to choose a title that you can really own. It's getting harder and harder today to find a unique name that's still available on sites like twitter and facebook. 'ELEX' was still available.”

Now i know, thanks.
Its+always+the+time+and+place+_2c4ca7482afa5c443aaa35ccc00036b3.gif

BTW i loved your Blackguards 2 review, saved me 60 Ducats.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I also hear about that Black game, use all power of PS2 when the generation was coming to end. I saw videos, everyone were bullet sponges. Yuck.
And these names... always problem with them. At least it wasn't named by publisher (hi Larian) or from Indie Garbage Names Generator - like Dungeon of Action, Fall of Dropout or whatever else.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
yeah, but rockstar's euphoria's physics basically renders all ragdoll a joke. problem is they are so expensive only big publishers can use it.

the physics in GTA IV and max payne 3 was glorious

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
A precious, limited resource that arrived with the meteor, Elex can power machines, open the door to magic, or re-sculpt life into new, different forms.

one word that crossed my mind after reading this: geneforge.

also, looks like the game is gonna revolve around magic vs technology

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom