Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Others as in every other RPG.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
possibly_retarded.png

Delterius

Arcane
Eclectic, Lavish, Exhilarating, Dark, Edgy, Tense, Xenial, Fantasy, Science, Post apocaliptic, Friendly, Welcoming, Open World

What is this? A youtube keyword reference sheet?

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hood is a good thing. I like guys (and girls) in hoods. Everything else looks like shit though. I thought it was going to be sci-fi, and it looks like generic fantasy crap again.

Caconym

Augur
Info apparently from the magazine:
Here you go, quite a bit of background info.

- two hour interview with creative director Björn Pankratz
- idea for the game came up with planned Star Trek easter eggs for earlier Gothic games
- hero has a name (not revealed yet)

- Elex is a drug everybody in the universe is after
- Elex reached the game's planet via meteorite impact
- Intake of Elex results in continous loss of humanity (also refered to as "coolness")
- Elex causes mutations to addicts

- catastrophe on the planet caused the rise of several different groups
- some heavily rely and focus on tech, some dropped every modern technology and sort of live in the middle age
- civilisation before the catastrophe similar to our current status
- devs want to adress serious issues (acceptance of drugs in society, 'right' form of society...)

- huge world, barely scripted, exploration
- 3rd person view, skill system, join fractions, melee, magic, ranged weapons
- crafting
- streamed world, no loading screens
- in-house engine with PBR
- no outsourced inventory management, minimal HUD (GS speculation: Dead Space like)
- optional tutorial

- fans of Gothic will definitely recognize the Piranha Bytes touch
- Pankratz says Gothic 3 was "too generic", "barely any dialogue", "stories not involving", promises to alleviate these issues in Elex
- no pick-one-out-of-three ending in Elex (apparently also a huge flaw of Gothic 3? i dunno)

T. Reich

Arcane
> Elex is a drug everybody in the universe is after
> Intake of Elex results in continous loss of humanity (also refered to as "coolness")

Let it be known, that taking drugs makes you cool.

> Elex causes mutations to addicts

They probably turn into something resembling orcs. Or lizardmen.

> huge world, barely scripted, exploration
> barely scripted

So...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Be more like Risen 1 and not Risen 2 or 3 and I am in despite how stupid the premise seems.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Pictures look like Gothic 3 Arcania. I give them that they produce more adventureous landscapes than Elder Scrolls, but that's about it.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
- Elex is a drug everybody in the universe is after
- Elex reached the game's planet via meteorite impact
- Intake of Elex results in continous loss of humanity (also refered to as "coolness")
- Elex causes mutations to addicts

Tiberium confirmed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom