Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Caconym

Savant
fxko8Dn.png
I... Is this guy just a stupid person?
Are we absolutely sure he's working there and not just trolling us with a fake tag? :D I mean, the first sentence alone, holy hell, being this out of touch with reality is almost scary.

Maschtervoz

Learned
On one hand, that statement does sound like it's specifically engineered to troll, with a devastating combo of 30fps, accessible, mentioning Arcania as a reference and finishing it all up with multi-cult shit. But then again, the game is named fucking ELEX, so no retardation is too retarded for it.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Not sure it was fake, because "Arcania" was also the first thing which came to my mind after the announcement...

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

Doktor Best

Arcane
Guys its a fake or a jest. I mean the Arcania reverence is making it obvious... PB hates this game so much they went through the hassle of a lawsuit to prevent Jowood from calling it Gothic, so naming it as reverence for their future project would be somehow illogical, even for PB.

Caconym

Savant
Guys its a fake or a jest. I mean the Arcania reverence is making it obvious... PB hates this game so much they went through the hassle of a lawsuit to prevent Jowood from calling it Gothic, so naming it as reverence for their future project would be somehow illogical, even for PB.
ElMegalomator is a Nordic guy though, not PB.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
It just reads too much like a joke. If it isn't, well that guy I a grade A neanderthal.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Comparing the screenshot and the actual forum shows me that the font, margin, layout etc. are exactly the same.
Not a single pixel is different. Even in Photoshop I didn't manage to get the exact same style done (be it because of different character margin or different antialiasing algorithm).
So it looks legit to me. Face it guys. It's the truth. The plain motherfucking truth. A truth they were even ashamed of, and that's why they deleted it. But it's out now. I'm done with it.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
You don't need Photoshop. Just use the inspector, edit the text on the page and take a screenshot.
(And it's surely a fake, no sane community manager would talk about technical aspects like 30fps this early and without the necessity do so.)

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Photoshop must have become better since I last used it 5 years ago :roll:
But I agree that's it very unlikely this guy would post in an english and german forum at the same time... so hats off for the 1st class fakery :salute:

edit: thanks@vonAchdorf ... I totally forgot that option. Even easier than Photoshop.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ris3n was divided into islands because right until the end they were not sure whether it wouldn't be released as episodic :nocountryforshitposters:

I want to believe this will be good, but I just can't. And not even because of Risen 2 and 3. It's because the only good aspects of their games since G3 have been retreads of early material and it seems abundantly clear that the talent left. The company was left recycling pieces of past games because they could no longer create new mechanics of the same quality.

I'd have far more confidence if they had embarked on a series of glorious failures, even if the end quality was worse - the C+C from Alpha Protocol, the absurdly overambitious attempt at game progression through passage of time instead of player actions in Dead State, even G3's attempt at a genuinely reactive open world game, if they had any such 'interesting failure' in their post-Gothic output, I'd have hope that maybe next time the stars will align for them. But as things are, I'm not even confident that they understand how the recycled Gothic mechanics work or what their purpose is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom