Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ELEX = Ekletisch Leidenschaftlich Energetisch Xenophil

= Eclectic Passionate Energetic Xenophilic

Caconym

Augur
ULyP9FF.jpg

imweasel

Consolitis confirmed for the PC version. Uh oh.

That certainly put a damper on my expectations.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Not even one week after the announcement, and this already made me lose all interest in the title.

post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe that puts players into a huge, seamless game world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action
also kinda killed it.

Last edited:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Not even one week after the announcement, and this already made me lose all interest in the title.

post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe that puts players into a huge, seamless game world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action
also kinda killed it.

It's just overkill™.

JustMyOnion

Educated
What I've never been able to understand is who actually buys PB games on consoles. All console versions of Risen games have abysmal review scores. What is it that makes PB keep trying to appeal to that audience? Do they honestly believe that at some point they will make some sort of Skyrim killer that will fill their pockets with consolero money?
Why not? Console versions of Bethesda games also consistently run like shit (up to complete unplayability), yet outsell PC versions by 100% and more. If I was a company that is absolute ass at programming and game design and has only ever made RPGs, copying Bethesda would be my last hope.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
What I've never been able to understand is who actually buys PB games on consoles. All console versions of Risen games have abysmal review scores. What is it that makes PB keep trying to appeal to that audience? Do they honestly believe that at some point they will make some sort of Skyrim killer that will fill their pockets with consolero money?
Why not? Console versions of Bethesda games also consistently run like shit (up to complete unplayability), yet outsell PC versions by 100% and more. If I was a company that is absolute ass at programming and game design and has only ever made RPGs, copying Bethesda would be my last hope.

Which makes me wonder, how is the work behind the game being spread over the two companies. You know, because Nordic Games have done almost exclusively not-RPG games, and mediocre ones at that...

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane

Which makes me wonder, how is the work behind the game being spread over the two companies. You know, because Nordic Games have done almost exclusively not-RPGs...

My guess is that PB develops the game as it goes, and NG's role is to "keep gamepads in mind".

JustMyOnion

Educated

Which makes me wonder, how is the work behind the game being spread over the two companies. You know, because Nordic Games have done almost exclusively not-RPG games, and mediocre ones at that...
Wikipedia says Nordic Games is a publisher, so I guess they'll do the publishing side of things.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What games does Nordic Games publish? Dumbed down console garbage? That pretty much will tell you all we need to know about this game. :M

Until they self-publish a game, don't expect any Gothic like game again.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
What games does Nordic Games publish? Dumbed down console garbage? That pretty much will tell you all we need to know about this game. :M

"There can be no true despair without hope."

Bane_TDKR3-199x300.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nordic owns all the old JoWood IP's (whatever is left) and they also bought some stuff from the THQ auction (Red Faction and maybe something else... can't remember).

Edit: They also bought the Darksiders IP.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron

That was kind of my point. Nordic's track record is meh, at best, whether they're publishers or developers.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Nordic owns all the old JoWood IP's (whatever is left) and they also bought some stuff from the THQ auction (Red Faction and maybe something else... can't remember).

Edit: They also bought the Darksiders IP.
I see they're ready to milk it with an HD version, great excuse to stop selling it at a discount

made

Arcane
fxko8Dn.png

Accessible and deep - like Arcania. Sounds pretty awesome. High time someone tackle a multicult RPG after the xenophobic Witcher 3 that only featured white people.

Cynicus

Augur
In before name change to Rainbow Xenial Geyser.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom