Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Post apocalyptic? But why the swords and medieval houses and fantasy landscape in the artwork? Doesn't make sense...

post apocalyptic fantasy - new new hot shit. See the new Guerrilla Games title or Numenera.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
"...from the award-winning creators of the Gothic series..."

I just noticed no mention of Risen in the advertising blurb, someone wants to forget their past. Hopefully all the bad design decisions that series made will also be forgotten.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
ELEX : anothEr Luckluster poor EXcuse of a game by neo-Pyranha Bytez

Face it people, the PB that created your favorite Gothics doesn't exist anymore. These subpar developers that soil the company's name don't deserve a second glance.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
"we're gonna need a name for our new game"

"yoga pants"

"huh?"

"spandex"

"what?"

"elex"

"fucking perfect!"

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Face it people, the PB that created your favorite Gothics doesn't exist anymore. These subpar developers that soil the company's name don't deserve a second glance.
Yes it does, it created the better series called Risen. Some of you chumps should maybe play them instead of talking nonsense.

Maschtervoz

Learned
Jesus fucking Christ, I wasn't expecting anything after Risen 2 and 3, but that title has to be the most embarrassingly retarded thing I've heard in the last couple of months. It's literally just a bunch of marketing buzzwords mashed together, but hey, at least they had the decency not to use majestic or visceral.

Also:
Piranha Bytes have their roots on the PC but the aim of ELEX is to please really both worlds - the PC and the console world. This is why the game is constantly being developed with gamepads in mind - also and especially also from the UI side. But on the other hand we clearly dont want to give the PC games a diluted experience.

:dead:

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
This game will be Skyrim+Fallout in one. We'll never need to play kingcomrade and popamole again.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Even though these guys have only made half of a good game in the last ten years, I'll probably play this. Sue me. I like post-apocalyptic fantasy stuff.

9mSEkZP.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Piranha Bytes have their roots on the PC but the aim of ELEX is to please really both worlds - the PC and the console world. This is why the game is constantly being developed with gamepads in mind - also and especially also from the UI side. But on the other hand we clearly dont want to give the PC games a diluted experience.

this has always worked so well amirite

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
If it has smallish hand crafted open world then it's probably worth of my money becuz explorashun. But I'll doubt about that because of recent trends.

Cthulhu_is_love

I wonder that nobody mentioned this yet: Even PB doesn't want to get associated with Risen.
from the award-winning creators of the Gothic series

Anyway setting looks good, game will be shit. But fortunately PB now takes names which are easier to make fun of.

Edit: Er...my bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
"...from the award-winning creators of the Gothic series..."

I just noticed no mention of Risen in the advertising blurb, someone wants to forget their past. Hopefully all the bad design decisions that series made will also be forgotten.
It was mentioned.

Maschtervoz

Learned

this has always worked so well amirite
What I've never been able to understand is who actually buys PB games on consoles. All console versions of Risen games have abysmal review scores. What is it that makes PB keep trying to appeal to that audience? Do they honestly believe that at some point they will make some sort of Skyrim killer that will fill their pockets with consolero money? If that's the case, it's pretty sad to see such an exercise in futility from people that used to make good games once.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Completely agree. They have completely lost sight of what made the first two Gothic games great.

I wish them the best of luck, but I am quite sure this won't be for me (and I LOVE sci-fi).

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
^ Currently watching Season 3. One of the best shows there was.

Caconym

Augur

Yes it does, it created the better series called Risen.
What do you mean "possibly"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom