Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"Deep moral choices" in mah Piranha Bytes game?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/2/8880675/elex-piranha-bytes-

Risen developer Piranha Bytes' new project is ELEX, an open-world action role-playing game, the studio and publisher Nordic Games announced today.

Nordic launched a teaser site earlier this week with a countdown clock ticking down to the full reveal today. ELEX is the first collaboration between Piranha Bytes and Nordic; Deep Silver published the first two Risen games, and is also publishing Risen 3: Titan Lords, which launches this August.

ELEX — which is an acronym for "eclectic, lavish, exhilarating, xenial" — takes place in a "post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe that puts players into a huge, seamless game world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action," according to a press release from Nordic. The word xenial describes hospitality, or a cordial relationship between a host and guest.

"ELEX is going to be edgy, dark, uncompromising, complex, and we love it already," said Reinhard Pollice, business and product development director at Nordic Games. While details are scarce at this point, Pollice added that Piranha Bytes will exhibit ELEX at Gamescom 2015 next month.

ELEX is in development on Windows PC and "current gen console platforms," according to Nordic Games. Asked for clarification, a Nordic Games representative told Polygon that Piranha Bytes is "targeting" PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. ELEX is scheduled to be released next winter — late 2016 or early 2017.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
"ELEX is going to be edgy...
j3uJvFv.png

vonAchdorf

Arcane
xenial - post-apocalyptic world?

Or is "xenial" newspeak for "casual friendly"?

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Xenial: of, relating to, or constituting hospitality or relations between host and guest and especially among the ancient Greeks between persons of different cities <xenial relationship> <xenialcustoms>

Well, if nothing else, I learned a new word today.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Xenial: of, relating to, or constituting hospitality or relations between host and guest and especially among the ancient Greeks between persons of different cities <xenial relationship> <xenialcustoms>

Well, if nothing else, I learned a new word today.
So... wait... it's dark and edgy but... everyone is friendly and welcoming.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I think they meant hospitable, that even if it's an PA world, people can still create villages and stuff, like in the art I pasted.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think they meant hospitable, that even if it's an PA world, people can still create villages and stuff, like in the art I pasted.
I think they just came up with some hip word the marketing guys thought was cool and then went to the dictionary to find words that fit.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The real question is if they have housing and how good it will be. Fighting the competition , you know? :smug:

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Post apocalyptic? But why the swords and medieval houses and fantasy landscape in the artwork? Doesn't make sense...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom