Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just the anticipation of getting a hit of ELEX has already broken some brains, I see. This is going to be a hell of a drug, men.
E8BcnnJ.jpg

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Story and dialogue can be part of the gameplay if done properly. Same goes for world/map/leveldesign. Gothic showed that, Planescape Torment showed that, and Witcher 3 showed that. On top of that, Witcher 3 has stunning graphics + atmosphere.

Witcher 3 is to storyfags the same as Dark Souls is to dungeoncrawlfags. The worst of its parts is servicable, the best is easily good enough to forgive its flaws.

Its not the best game in 10 years, but pretty fucking close to it if you can accept the fact that youre dealing with a system-light-rpg. Grognards of course will still favor to post on the codex how shit the game is for not having the character generation of a wizardry clone or whatever, but who the fuck actually considers their opinion aside from Roqua?

People who like rpgs and not general gamer posers?

Tigranes

Arcane
TW3 is a slick cinematic blockbuster action adventure game and a damn good one. Not sure what else there is to say.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
TW3 is a slick cinematic blockbuster action adventure game and a damn good one. Not sure what else there is to say.
if they cut out trash combat it would be awesome adventure/visual novel type of game. combat drags the whole game down. a few fights important for the plot would be enough.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
if they cut out trash combat it would be awesome adventure/visual novel type of game. combat drags the whole game down. a few fights important for the plot would be enough.

Also if they scale loot back to TW1 levels. And don't do moronic level gating.

https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/09/07/pax-west-2017-elex-is-piranha-bytes-dream-game/270772/

...this could very well be Piranha Bytes’ best game to date. Elex is a title that they’ve wanted to create for years and it shows... Everything I saw exuded great care. It felt like I was playing with the developer’s dream game. Even the representative that was showing me the ropes had a glint in his eye as I kept diving back in after every failure. It feels great to play and looks darn good, too...

That was a single manly tear as ELEX is obviously GOTY greatest game ever.

ortucis

Prophet
https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/09/07/pax-west-2017-elex-is-piranha-bytes-dream-game/270772/

...this could very well be Piranha Bytes’ best game to date. Elex is a title that they’ve wanted to create for years and it shows... Everything I saw exuded great care. It felt like I was playing with the developer’s dream game. Even the representative that was showing me the ropes had a glint in his eye as I kept diving back in after every failure. It feels great to play and looks darn good, too...

That was a single manly tear as ELEX is obviously GOTY greatest game ever.

After sitting through Fallout 4 and Andromeda, I was pining for the Gothic gameplay all over again. And ELEX is going to be steps above those AAA piles of manure calling themselves "RPG"s.

GOTY for me..

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
so the clerics are ELEX-less faction?
Not exactly. http://elexgame.com/magalan/the-clerics-in-ignadon/
Followers of the god Calaan, the Clerics see the consumption of Elex in any form as a sin. Instead they use Elex to power their machines. Guardians of Magalan’s technology, the Clerics put their faith in Calaan, plasma weapons, mechs and the power of industry.
The Clerics aren't drug-addled degenerates like the untermensch. They will purge the filth and establish a thousand year reich.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wow, a lot of hype for this game. Are we still on Codex? Isn't this supposed to be shit? Are you guys forgetting this is post-2010 PB we're talking about here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom