Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls VI Speculation

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
I seriously doubt they will ever make a game where the beast races are prominent...
I see this problem everywhere , not just Bethesda games . Typically lizardmen or cat-people , or whatever are a bunch of hobos inhabiting swamps or deserts , can't remember a single game where they were on par with civilized races .

Final Fantasy, especially 9 or Tactics Advance.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Also The Last Remnant, where the beast races were much weirder than the usual cat-girls you find in Bethgames.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
It'll likely be Hammerfell it they continue the Thalmor Remove Man From The Pattern - metaplot.

Azazel

Arbiter
It'll be Hammerfell, because they don't have the creativity to write something which isn't hyper-derivative European fantasy schlock since they shitcanned Kirkbride.

Grizzlor

Novice
Wasn't Valenwood pretty much confirmed as TESVI location with the Project Greenheart leak? It could've been snuck in there there as a curveball with the other legit leaks of course.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Elysewhere or however it's spelled. Home of the Kha'jeeeeeeeeeeeetz. Wouldn't be hard to do -- just rip off Arabian Caliphate shit.

pippin

On the other hand, the furry community would defend Bethesda and fight those who are offended by what you say and claim how true equality will only be achieved when furry rights are accepted.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I wonder if they want to tackle the elves again - the reaction will be "Morrowind did it better". Also I think cats and lizards are too exotic and they don't have the talent anymore to make exotic interesting like in Morrowind.

pippin

I often wonder how much of Morrowind is Kirkbride's vision. Particularly after reading so many people saying Obsidian won't be able to make another New Vegas if they are given the chance to make a FO game, when most of it was actually Sawyer. Besides, it's kind of dubious to think every decision was taken by him.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No, Kirkbride was part of a team, important part, but a part nevertheless. Kurt Kuhlmann and Ken Rolston come to mind as other important people behind Morrowind. Yet still, what we associate today with best weird TES lore came from Kirkbride. Lessons of Vivec, Remanite mythology and Arcturian heresy, all that jazz originates in his mind, and that's best we have.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
No, Kirkbride was part of a team, important part, but a part nevertheless. Kurt Kuhlmann and Ken Rolston come to mind as other important people behind Morrowind. Yet still, what we associate today with best weird TES lore came from Kirkbride. Lessons of Vivec, Remanite mythology and Arcturian heresy, all that jazz originates in his mind, and that's best we have.

Kirkbride for the most part was an artist on Morrowind, and Kuhlmann did not do much writing or design on Morrowind other than one book that I can say for sure was written by him. (He left Bethesda for some time after Redguard) Kirkbride still writes for Bethesda as a type of contractor I'll paste a good list of some of the thing he has contributed to The Elder Scrolls since his "departure":

Oblivion:

• MK wrote important dialogue, including all of Mankar Camoran's.

• He wrote many in-game books for Oblivion, including Mankar Camoran's "Commentaries on the Mysterium Xarxes", books that serve as a major plot device in the game's main storyline.

• The plot of the Knights of the Nine DLC was written by MK, along with in-game texts to support it.

• He was officially recognized in the game's credits as part of the development team as a writer.
Skyrim:

Also this quote from Kuhlmann:

We all try not to take it to heart that only MK can save Skyrim from the trash heap - but I can say that even without directly writing any books, I'd say there's more of his influence on Skyrim than Oblivion. Probably a lot more - if you look at the chapter from the PGE on Skyrim, (pretty sure that was one of his - I can't remember any more who wrote which one, it's Bilbo and Strider all over again), and that chapter is the foundation for the whole setting. And if you look really hard, you might even find a painted cow. (No comment on flying whales.)

Also, a post of his that was deep in the TesLore subreddit hinted very much that he is also doing work for The Elder Scrolls 6, this was 2 years ago though.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
they say that ES6 isnt in production, but the idea that they're not even sketching ideas is a fucking joke tbh

That's not production though, that's pre-production. They've said they know what the game is, just the programmers/artists/designers are all on another project at the moment.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More than anything else, I'm interested in knowing what the hell does MK smoke.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
They said they don't even have the tech to make it yet. i guess they want the Npcs to change their schedules if they detect you following them. So it's a long way off

pippin

Does that mean that they will add more shit to gamebryo, give it a different name, and make it pass as a brand new engine?

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
Pete Hines said that Elder Scrolls 6 is not in any state of development. But he may be deceiving us as Skyrim 2 could well be under way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom