Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Legends - Bethesda's Hearthstone clone

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Warcraft has better lore...
RAerqXP.jpg

Lythandra

Educated
I'm certainly going to try as I sometimes enjoy HS but their lack of even trying to balance it and new Disney themed adventure is trying to turn me away. If Legends is more balanced, less random effects and a bit more adult themed then I will switch. I do need an Android client tho but I can slog for a bit on an actual computer if need be.

Last edited:

da_rays

Augur
Well I finally got on this card game. a few impressions so far ( ive only done about 9 matchs in act 1 ) , Feel like HS and DoC had a bastard love child, got rejected by their parent and got took over by a foster family.

its very buggy for me , 90% of the time while opening a packs after a match, game freeze, need to restart , dont even know if the rewards were given to me, but thats beta for you. Game itself is simple enough , for what ive seen of course , your ''per turn'' mana is like HS , 1 on 1st turn and +1 afterward each turn , might be a few cards that tweak. Sound effect and music are ok , nothing to get excited about. does the job tho .

The upgrade in cards is a nice touch too. Like someone mentionned a few posts earlier , the game is kinda bland to look at. not that much of a problem gameplay wise , but could use a tone up somewhere. Im pretty sure its gonna end up like HS sadly , a casual CCG for casual gamer. At least RNG doesnt feel THAT present for now in the game. I do like it better than HS ( less cartoony/Wowish ) , the 2 lanes isnt a bad idea , which give a bit more strategy depth . Hoping to see good thing from this , but i feel its gonna get wrecked by HS if they dont find something good to make them apart from the HS mentallity/gameplay. There seem to be a few way to play some cards/effect on opponement turn tho , so thats that at least.

Aside from my bitching and or for the TL;DR : Not bad. ACT 1 seem well done for an intro/tutorial. Game is kinda bland. Need more soul. Will try to update impression after deckbuilding.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I played a bunch of games, climbed to rank 10 (out of 12), it seems interesting. I like the lack of RNG compared to HS and the fact that you can interrupt your opponents turns with prophecy cards.

The artsyle looks a bit bland but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Might keep playing it.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Much better than I expected(I expect the absolute worst when it comes to Bethesda). Solo Arena is pretty fun if a bit easy meaning they'll probably make it harder since it seems like such an easy way to get cards. Got 8(you fight 8 easier boss AIs and then a harder one) and 9(max) wins on my first 2 tries.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Anybody played the new card game for TES yet? It's in open beta right now, and I was looking for some opinions on it. If I liked hearthstone, will I like this? Or just pass on it?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Just fucking try it if it's open beta ffs.
its probably shit
I wasn't sure if I wanted to got through the trouble of getting Bethesda net. Besides, I was setting this up more as a discussion thread rather than a recommendation thread.

Fever

Educated
Since I didn't get an invite for the closed beta, I would love to shit on their cheap copy of TardStone, Hex, Magic, Duels etc. Sadly, I cannot, because the beta was quite fun.
Sure: there is nothing new, the campaign is cringe-worthy as expected, and the game recycles features and mechanics already seen here and there.
Decent clones are still better than groundbreaking turds in my eyes.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It left the beta now, but it didn't really make waves as far as I can tell. No one seems to play it, on Twitch it's basically non-existent.

RuySan

Augur
It left the beta now, but it didn't really make waves as far as I can tell. No one seems to play it, on Twitch it's basically non-existent.
Saw some videos and it looked absolutely soulless. Almost every card looked generic and could exist in any other fantasy ccg

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I mean, at least it has story mode if you feel like not interacting with people. I wonder if "we have two battle lanes and we built the aesthetic on Elder Scrolls Online" is really enough to sell the game over Hearthstone to people, though.

Zeriel

Arcane
There's room for more than one card game. They should worry about beating the other contenders, TESL is so far behind games like Shadowverse it's not even funny. Even Gwent is probably shitting on it in terms of players.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
This feels really like an uninspired Hearthstone clone with "lanes" thrown in to appear a bit different. I haven't played much, but it already feel like a copy just with blurry graphics - from the packs you open to the exploding hero gems to what the cards do. Gwent manages to avoid this.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
This feels really like an uninspired Hearthstone clone with "lanes" thrown in to appear a bit different. I haven't played much, but it already feel like a copy just with blurry graphics - from the packs you open to the exploding hero gems to what the cards do. Gwent manages to avoid this.
It's actually a superior HS clone. In every way. And best of all it's not developed by monkeys.
I can understand dismissing a game for being a clone (especially of a shit game), but just so you know only fags still play Randomstone.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Elder Scrolls is unconducive to a children's card game, and this goes to show nobody really read that elder scrolls fluff, nor remember their characters. Not enough to drop Hearthstone or MtG. Elder Scrolls doesn't sell, unless its a sandbox.
Warcraft has better lore... although the Hearthstone devs like to shit on it with each passing expansion/adventure.
Not better, but the only lore people remember is Vivec's penis, which was too far back for most gamers. Bethesda don't even remember their own lore, why should anybody else?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom