Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Eitr - Norse-themed pixel art Dark Souls-inspired hack and slash thingie

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Allright. Guys. I have this absolutely incredible GDD and I just need some financial assistance to make YOUR dream come true!

web.jpg

There also will be a WHOLE LEVEL 2!! If we reach 345 000$ stretch goal.

Why Codex Starter? Because I spent all my money already just to make this ABSOLUTELY AWESOME screenshot from ACTUAL GAME!

web.png

As you can see, there is healing potions. That's right - IT IS AN RPG!!!

I heard that some guys already making a game with the same main character. Don't buy that game. Because these guys are
secretly russian

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

polo

Magister
500 post in 2 months. Holy shit, you going sensuki all over the place bro.

Lucky

Arcane
Not sure what to think yet. Art design seems good so far, though the legs could do with a tad more mass. It also gets props for going for an oppressive atmosphere and tying the combat pace to that with the cautious combat. It's an indie game of just two people though, so I'm worried that it won't be long enough for the atmosphere to really sink in, unless they sacrifice quality and lose it that way. They also might not be able to produce the amount of enemy variety a game like this would need to stay interesting, plus what size and diversity we can expect for the different areas. Hopefully they'll show off the combat a bit more so that we can get an idea of how much depth there is to it.

LilSassy

Novice
All these pixels are bringing me to a whole new level of ultra darkness and despair. Maybe if they kicked Anti Aliasing up a notch and added eyeballs on the character I would really want to go full anguish. Just reminds me too much of Sword & Sworcery instead of just about every other game I think of when I think of 'dark'. The arcade HUD doesn't help either.

Regardless, I'll probably end up getting it anyway since the combat looks fun and maybe the gear/stats/talents/skills will be interesting.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Eitr is the poison produced by Jörmungandr. Ymir, first of the Jötunn, was conceived from Eitr. Given that this is viking-themed, I'm guessing that's the meaning the devs wanted to go with. :M

Ninjerk

Arcane
Eitr is the poison produced by Jörmungandr. Ymir, first of the Jötunn, was conceived from Eitr. Given that this is viking-themed, I'm guessing that's the meaning the devs wanted to go with. :M
Some of these enemies seem pus-y

Lucky

Arcane
New gameplay trailer.

Release in 2016 and also out on PS4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom