Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ EDuke32 - How does one change the "BUILD_FORCEGL environment variable"?

Astral Rag

Arcane
We want to play eDuke over a LAN with Yang. I've already found an old eDuke build that seems to work perfectly fine connectionwise. There is however one annoying problem, one of the computers is a laptop with an integrated Intel 5500 GPU and on that computer eDuke gives an error on game startup, something along the line of Unsupported OpenGL Driver Detected (I don't have laptop here ATM). After that the game loads but it refuses to go fullscreen, alt + enter doesn't do anything and the fullscreen option is grayed out in the options menu, the "fullscreen" command doesn't work either.

For single player I can fix this by adding -forcegl at the end of the command line of eDuke32's shortcut but this method can't be used for LAN or online play with Yang.

According to the FAQ there is another way to force OpenGL but I have no clue how to do this and I couldn't find the solution online. More recent versions of eDuke can't be used to play online or over a LAN.

pls advise

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

Life is nothing but pain and endless suffering before the sweet release of death.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom