Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Genesis

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
srGqN39.jpg

Look at her stats.

edit:
pEmJddd.jpg

My name is Carnage.

laWrBvn.jpg

And this is how that weak, murdered that ghost fairy ended.

She learned healing at level 17. Not that she needed it.

Last edited:

Grif

Learned
Is there any tips to playing either Wizard or Ranger as the first hero? I can never seem to get off the ground with these two. (At least not to my liking. It's remarkably easy to snowball with Commander + Swordsman + Healer).

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ranger + swordsmen is great. Swordsmen have so much defense they ignore most archers and can easily take on any melee unit in the early game, the hero can take out annoying enemies like shamans and soften up everyone else. You can skip on a healer if you don't get enough command, rangers get many spell slots compared to warriors and commanders, you should have enough room for healing and slow spells. Try to get scouting to level 2 early, decreasing enemy stamina before the fight is amazing at every stage of the game. Diplomacy is pretty nice to take over provinces for less gold but it's very map dependent.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Is there any tips to playing either Wizard or Ranger as the first hero? I can never seem to get off the ground with these two. (At least not to my liking. It's remarkably easy to snowball with Commander + Swordsman + Healer).
With wizard as a first hero you are fucked.
With starting gem income, you will have problems to pay for both buildings and spells, and wizards have problems to break into second ring. Evil wizards can do somewhat, but, they have additional problem. With evil wizards you need additional school. But you are restricted to four only. (Even when you build T3 spells you are still limited into only 4 first tier schools, which feels bit absurd.)

Now with evil wizards you can do a lot with certain stuff, but you'd burn through gems like no tomorrow. And it still will not win certain fights.
Creating second hero, and switching to improve him enough to break into second ring is problematic. It takes 30 turns more, and someone can appear. For example I had B. appear with 5 executioners in one army. Or they can have 3 minotaurs.

Basically expect that with wizard as starting class without steping back you'd lose some shards. Especially small ones. Basically it's quite not recommended doing small shards where these 10 turns where wizard would be INITIALLY slower would matter.

(BTW best starting classes for small shards are warrior, and scout.) Commander takes while to take off, and then he needs MONEY. But commander is best breaker into second ring (when not considering diplomacy).

letsdance

Barely Literate
Ugh after playing some Eador again I remembered why I stopped in the first place - fighting AI is no problem but the fact that you keep fighting the same PROVINCE DEFENSE over and over and over again is.

AI armies are a joke most of the time but it cheats so hard with province guardians it gets repetitive very fast.
i had the same issue and solved it by setting a maximum to each guard contract in the buildings. i don't remember the exact number, but for example you can set number of guard contracts for monster guard to 5 (from 0), that means the building only unlocks 5 monster guard contracts instead of unlimited ones. this make it less tedious, but it weakens the AI.

Aothan

Magister
tried to form an alliance with a Unicorn but I must build my army anew

I've started with the Commander, is the bonus experience cumulative e.g. is it 5% + 5% from level 1 to level 2 or is that the same bonus

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
tried to form an alliance with a Unicorn but I must build my army anew

I've started with the Commander, is the bonus experience cumulative e.g. is it 5% + 5% from level 1 to level 2 or is that the same bonus
If you meant you tried to tame a unicorn, and he butchered you, well you should have at least one T3 slot.
Also it's not that important to have high level units in whole army. And these few it happens naturally when they survive. Or should we say if they survive without healer in the army?

At most the bonus is 1.25x which is irrelevant. That morale is nice however. There is also gear that gives another 1.25x. It requires quite a bit of luck to collect it.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
AcnFfvi.jpg

Pegasus.

AxgRrWA.jpg

A pegasus army.
N9nLHY1.jpg

Balista.

PV3c9s3.jpg

Dryad. Kinda tough.

FcwBt4n.jpg

I wonder about this guy.

Also I checked something, and it looks like I locked into one ending, because I didn't want to fight one shard defense.

Aothan

Magister
right so I need to leave the third level slot open, indeed the situation backfired, but I need more powerful units since my tier 1 units are not really suitable for many of the encounters I'm now coming across, all these stone golems and medusas etc

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you remember Das Boat. This is.
uoOdz5W.jpg

Die Slinger.

right so I need to leave the third level slot open, indeed the situation backfired, but I need more powerful units since my tier 1 units are not really suitable for many of the encounters I'm now coming across, all these stone golems and medusas etc
What do you mean tier 1 units? Shouldn't you have something better?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
I had a slinger with evil slayer and two accuracy medals in NH once. He died eventually near the end around level 15 without advancing to veteran status but he probably had the most kills of all non-hero units on that map.

Are you playing the campaign? If so you need to unlock T3 units first, they also randomly show up as mercenaries and sometimes you can get them from places in your provinces. If you want to reliably get T3 units from you castle you need to conquer shards to unlock the fort (T2 dwellings will start appearing as rewards for shards) > guild of builders > citadel and only then individual dwellings for T3. It takes a while.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Why T3. T2 can survive unicorn... barely. Also for evil wizards there are ways to get T2 units.

Well. The most important spell for evil wizard is resurrection.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Oh, you don't need T3 to fight T3, you can handle many T3 units just fine with a hero and good T1 units but I remember I had the problem of "how the hell do I get T2+ units" at first because I started with the campaign and you don't even see T2 unit dwellings until a couple of shards in.

Erkezul

Literate
Hello, does anyone know if there is a database with eador monster/castle unit stats for New Horizons?
I need to decide on a creature for my rank 3 slot but i donno what is available. Currently playing single player at expert difficulty, turn 180 with +260 income , warrior class and i'm only using two rank 2 units a valkyrie and a horseman archer(the upgraded one, don't remember his name cause currently at work and can't check). So i guess i'm looking for something like a Knight or a rly good caster/healer unit. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello, does anyone know if there is a database with eador monster/castle unit stats for New Horizons?
I need to decide on a creature for my rank 3 slot but i donno what is available. Currently playing single player at expert difficulty, turn 180 with +260 income , warrior class and i'm only using two rank 2 units a valkyrie and a horseman archer(the upgraded one, don't remember his name cause currently at work and can't check). So i guess i'm looking for something like a Knight or a rly good caster/healer unit. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm pretty sure I saw a comprehensive list on the official site/forums, but it's in Russian, and I can't be arsed finding it.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane

Aothan

Magister
What do you mean tier 1 units? Shouldn't you have something better?

no, I was about 250 turns in, exploring all the adjacent provinces among other activities and wondering why I could not access tier 2 and then transitioned into the shard zone (i.e. still at the start of the game)

Dr Skeleton do you mean Imperium ?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
About unlocking unit dwellings? No, I meant regular Eador but I think it's the same in MotBW and Imperium. If you're playing the campaign you won't get T2 units from your castle for the first couple of missions. You can start a skirmish map and check out the entire tech tree that way, in the campaign you need to get all the necessary buildings as rewards for winning maps first.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Your opponents early will not get T2 either, probably, so why to worry? And in fact the first mission is tutorial, it has much higher restrictions than fighting on a normal shard.

E43deil.jpg

Also when you have 61 attack warrior, a lot of stuff is significantly easier.

l1BckLi.jpg

At level 30 it's one of most survivable slinger in the world.

Last edited:

Erkezul

Literate
What is the newest version of the game? Was browsing the forums and i saw druid spells?! I don't have that..i'm currently using English version 2.60c

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
That's Russian version 16.0901 :russia: I think it's being translated.

zu26WRU.jpg

Frankly, the nature magic school mostly sucks, but magic has been overhauled in general.

Erkezul

Literate
Yea, i don't like druids anyways...but on the other hand i rly like the idea of traps and obstacles on the battlefield and i believe they added new necromancy summoning spells which is interesting since i mostly play necro at high difficulty settings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom