Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS EA hands out Red Alert 2 + Addon for free

SniperHF

Arcane
The latter, they usually have an "on the house" promotion every month or so.

deuxhero

Arcane
And here I was hoping they where just giving away a standalone installer like they did for the past... 3 C&C games they gave away on an anniversary of the series.

sser

Arcane
Developer
They also gave away Crusader, IIRC.

I hear Origin isn't that bad, but between Uplay, Steam, and Blizzard's thing, it's just platform glut.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looking for Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Yuri’s Revenge™?
  • Wow, you guys are loving Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Yuri’s Revenge™ On the House! The demand is so high that we need some time to cool down our servers. Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Yuri’s Revenge™ will return to on the house very shortly. Thanks for being patient!
:hmmm:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Like lambs to the slaughter

lordrjup3i.jpg

Last edited:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Looking for Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Yuri’s Revenge™?
  • Wow, you guys are loving Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Yuri’s Revenge™ On the House! The demand is so high that we need some time to cool down our servers. Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Yuri’s Revenge™ will return to on the house very shortly. Thanks for being patient!

People taking such an interest in an "ancient" game is a good thing.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
People taking such an interest in an "ancient" game is a good thing.
Sure, I'm just wondering how shitty the Origin servers must be if they can't handle this. I'm pretty sure not millions of people were trying to get the game, many gamer's today doesn't even now what is Red Alert.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I would download this if it didn't mean selling my soul to EA.

As it is, I will stay with Act of Aggression instead.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned

pippin

I only had one problem with origin, but it had an easy solution.
The thing is that I don't really know if the games are properly optimized. There are patches and mods on the web and they work just fine with it, though.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
If it’s like any other old game, it shouldn’t require Origin to be running to play the game, only to download it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom