Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018

I wish he'd go back to something along the lines of Freedom Force.

You know, this time right now is probably a pretty good time to do something with superheroes again. I mean, they're kind of a big thing now.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Who cares about super heroes when you have SUPER CARS!!

forza_horizon_2_update.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Dexter

Arcane
I wanna see the new rumored RockSteady "Superman" game and I wanna see some CyberPunk 2077 Gameplay if possible. Don't care about the other stuff, maybe if anything surprising comes along.

Astral Rag

Arcane

3DO
Acclaim
Activision
Atlus
Blizzard Entertainment
Bungie
Capcom
Crave Entertainment
Disney Interactive
Electronic Arts
Eidos Interactive
ESPN Digital Games
Fox Interactive
GT Interactive
Harmonix
  • The Axe
Hasbro
Infogrames
Interplay
Kemco
KOEI
Konami
LucasArts
MicroProse
Microsoft
Midway
Namco
Nintendo
Oddworld Inhabitants
Psygnosis
Red Storm Entertainment
Sega
Sierra Online
Sony
Sony Interactive Studios America
Squaresoft
Take Two Interactive
Tecmo
THQ
Tiger
Titus Software
Ubisoft
Virgin Interactive
Working Designs

https://www.giantbomb.com/e3-1998/3015-3420/

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Can't beat the late 90s. Whole lotta great games in that list, along with plain old good ones.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Yeah, to think I actually looked forward to reading about e3 in magazines in those days. And of course the accompanying cd-roms were filled with trailers, screenshots and most importantly sharewares and demos. Good times.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Not a single interesting game....amazing!

The only possibility for something new is Bethesda.
:negative:
By new you must mean old. Falling apart at the seams old.
Bethesda is the only AAA company that do new games and take risks. The had made Dishonoured games,Pray,wolfy,evil within and nu Doom. Show me what other publisher had made that many new games. Credits where credits its due.

Ash

Arcane
Wolf, Doom and Prey aren't new IPs. They're standard modern reboots, though to be fair while still mediocre decline both Doom and Prey are slightly better than pretty much every other modern reboot.

Perkel

Arcane
Genuinely curious how much CDPR has to show on CP2077.

My bet:

non gameplay trailer
+ gameplay for journalists who can't make video or pictures

Game probably will be released in 2019 so full blown coverage will be next year. Right now you will read journalist articles masturbating with words just like they did after E3 back then.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Whatever. They had three games to get it right and they still came up with this sluggish, inefficient animation system. I heard witchers are supposed to be incredibly fast. Geralt moves like an old man.

He also understeers, doesn't stop fast enough and often runs when holding the walk button.

They also decided to go against the logical video game standard of making run and evade the same button (both using your legs). So, you have two evade buttons and a run button. Which means that you can't jump during combat. I remember seeing this funny GIF when the game came out of a player unable to get out of a little boat as he was being beaten by enemies. He rolled around the boat like an idiot until they killed him. Great gameplay!

The battle system should have been manual, so that you can use normal navigation and aren't automatically turned towards every enemy you decide to run by.

The combat is also repetitive, the same exaggerated attacks over and over. Left click, left click, left click. I didn't use the strong attack much. Found it rather useless.

I was gonna try out the Blood and Wine expansion, but the movement is so poor that I instead uninstalled and deleted it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom