Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Games list:

Adventure Time:Pirates of The Enchiridion
Anthem
Battlefield 2018
Beyond Good and Evil 2
COD: Black OPS 4
Death Stranding
The Division 2
For Honor
Fortnite
Ghost of Tsushima
Last of Us 2
RCT switch
Serious Sam 4
Spiderman ps4
Super Smash bros switch
borderlands 3
Crackdown 3 xbone
Cyberpunk 2077
Days GOne
FF 7 remake
Kingdom hearts 3
Metro Exodus
Metroid Prime 4 switch
Pokemon RPG switch
Project Octopath switch
Shenmue 3
Shadow of Tomb Raider
The Sims 4
New EA sport games
New Devil May Cry
Prey DLC
Rage 2 (probably)
New Bethesda games

Schedule:

3F0E2Go.png

http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2018

I hope to see: Splatoon 2: Octo's Revenge: the others were very fun and creative, and this one will have 80 stages, more than both combined.
Star Citizen: Wing Commander was fucking awesome, the perfect exampole of a dead genre and this is by the same creator.
Out of the Box: Made by the creators of Randal's Monday, an excellent tribute to Lucasarts games that should have gotten much better reviews.
Xenoblade Chronicles: X 2: The others are three of my favorites games: They are challenging, creative, wildly varied, have great stories and characters and are extremely lengthy.
Mega Man 11: This is one of my favorite series, and 9 and 10 were excellent.
No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again: Another awesome and creative series on the verge of getting a new game.
Bayonetta 3: I love the insanity and lightning fast action of this series.
Psychonauts 2: A sequel to one of the best games ever made, a true classic with an abrupt ending.
Death Stranding: Knowing Hideo Kojima, this will be very fun, creative, subtle and unique. I also approve of the dead baby.
Darksiders 3: The previous games are fun, unexceptional but enjoyable.
Red Dead Redemption 2: I love the freedom and challenge in Rockstar's games, though the quality and the mission design varies wildly, and the first game was great.
Shakedown Hawaii: Retro City Rampage was an excellent game, a fine tribute to both the classics and modern indie games that got very unfair reviews--the mission type that the reviewers hated only happened twice, and one time was a self-satire--and this is the sequel.
Shin Megami Tensei 5: Another great, creative, challenging series with a lot of potential for a sequel.
Bloodstained: Created by the creator of the classic Castlevania games, one of my favorite series.

I was not aware of the new Devil May Cry. I love that series and Capcom has a great track record, so this is great news. Why are you excited by the new Call of Duty? That series is so repetitive, homogeneous and forgettable.

Waiting for Mortal Kombat 11 aka Deception reboot.

Accoring to usual schedule there will be cinematic trailer week before event and then actual gameplay on E3.

Ash

Arcane
Games list:

Anthem
Battlefield 2018
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Death Stranding
The Division 2
For Honor
Fortnite
Ghost of Tsushima
Last of Us 2
RCT switch
Serious Sam 4
Spiderman ps4
Super Smash bros switch
borderlands 3
Crackdown 3 xbone
Cyberpunk 2077
Days GOne
FF 7 remake
Kingdom hearts 3
Metro Exodus
Metroid Prime 4 switch
Pokemon RPG switch
Project Octopath switch
Shenmue 3
Shadow of Tomb Raider
The Sims 4
New EA sport games
New Devil May Cry
Prey DLC
Rage 2 (probably)
New Bethesda games

R.I.P my beloved hobby. 2018 and no, we haven't really recovered from the late 2000s mass sellout decline. Maybe an inkling.

:dead:

I should like damn near every one of these games. Shooters, RPGs, Shooter RPG hybrids, action/adventure, platformer, hack and slash. I fucking love all those genres, yet the modern iteration of each is such trash generally-speaking.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
R.I.P my beloved hobby. 2018 and no, we haven't really recovered from the late 2000s mass sellout decline. Maybe an inkling.

I should like damn near every one of these games. Shooters, RPGs, Shooter RPG hybrids, action/adventure, platformer, hack and slash. I fucking love all those genres, yet the modern iteration of each is such trash generally-speaking.
I bought a GTX 1070 Founders Edition yesterday. My 780 was showing its age and sometimes made a rattle. But, with so much SHIT on the horizon, I'm wondering if I made a mistake. Tried playing the Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher 3, but gave up after remembering how shitty the controls are. Also tried out Far cry 4, but gave up after being disappointing with the slow-ass movement. Modern shooters are so unsatisfying. How am I supposed to have fun shooting up a place when my character is WALKING? I have this new graphics card and no fun new game to really make use of it.

RapineDel

Augur

I bought a GTX 1070 Founders Edition yesterday. My 780 was showing its age and sometimes made a rattle. But, with so much SHIT on the horizon, I'm wondering if I made a mistake. Tried playing the Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher 3, but gave up after remembering how shitty the controls are. Also tried out Far cry 4, but gave up after being disappointing with the slow-ass movement. Modern shooters are so unsatisfying. How am I supposed to have fun shooting up a place when my character is WALKING? I have this new graphics card and no fun new game to really make use of it.

Prey?

Martius

Liturgist
I was not aware of the new Devil May Cry. I love that series and Capcom has a great track record, so this is great news.
So far this is not news but only rumor and speculation. At best we have DMC234 director tweets about his current project, it could be DMCV.

Ash

Arcane

Prey?

Prey was 2017. And it was merely OK. Very minor incline from the dark ages.

You made a mistake. Old is the new new. Two of my most recent games I played were Heretic (1994) with Brutal Heretic mod, and Parasite Eve (1998) emulated. Two games I had not played before. Both good old fashioned fun with no modern bullshit. No heavily compromised gameplay. No microtransactions. No mass market pandering. No SJW allusions. Just good old fashioned gaming. Ahhhh.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Games list:

Anthem
Battlefield 2018
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Death Stranding
The Division 2
For Honor
Fortnite
Ghost of Tsushima
Last of Us 2
RCT switch
Serious Sam 4
Spiderman ps4
Super Smash bros switch
borderlands 3
Crackdown 3 xbone
Cyberpunk 2077
Days GOne
FF 7 remake
Kingdom hearts 3
Metro Exodus
Metroid Prime 4 switch
Pokemon RPG switch
Project Octopath switch
Shenmue 3
Shadow of Tomb Raider
The Sims 4
New EA sport games
New Devil May Cry
Prey DLC
Rage 2 (probably)

New Bethesda games

My popamole menu.

I hope to see: Splatoon 2: Octo's Revenge: the others were very fun and creative, and this one will have 80 stages, more than both combined.
Star Citizen: Wing Commander was fucking awesome, the perfect exampole of a dead genre and this is by the same creator.
Out of the Box: Made by the creators of Randal's Monday, an excellent tribute to Lucasarts games that should have gotten much better reviews.
Xenoblade Chronicles: X 2: The others are three of my favorites games: They are challenging, creative, wildly varied, have great stories and characters and are extremely lengthy.
Mega Man 11: This is one of my favorite series, and 9 and 10 were excellent.
No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again: Another awesome and creative series on the verge of getting a new game.
Bayonetta 3: I love the insanity and lightning fast action of this series.
Psychonauts 2: A sequel to one of the best games ever made, a true classic with an abrupt ending.
Death Stranding: Knowing Hideo Kojima, this will be very fun, creative, subtle and unique. I also approve of the dead baby.
Darksiders 3: The previous games are fun, unexceptional but enjoyable.
Red Dead Redemption 2: I love the freedom and challenge in Rockstar's games, though the quality and the mission design varies wildly, and the first game was great.
Shakedown Hawaii: Retro City Rampage was an excellent game, a fine tribute to both the classics and modern indie games that got very unfair reviews--the mission type that the reviewers hated only happened twice, and one time was a self-satire--and this is the sequel.
Shin Megami Tensei 5: Another great, creative, challenging series with a lot of potential for a sequel.
Bloodstained: Created by the creator of the classic Castlevania games, one of my favorite series.

I was not aware of the new Devil May Cry. I love that series and Capcom has a great track record, so this is great news. Why are you excited by the new Call of Duty? That series is so repetitive, homogeneous and forgettable.

DMC5 got leaked around the end of last year along with a bunch of other stuff that's turn out to be true since then, like The World Ends With You coming to Switch, Street Fighter 5 and DBFZ DLC characters, Soul Calibur 6 being shown at the Game Awards along with its new mechanic, Metroid Prime 4 being in the January Direct and developed by Namco. Seems originally it was going to be shown off at PSX, but Sony pushed it back to this years E3 press conference. Made a thread for it with all the info from the second ResetEra link if you don't want to have to go to ResetEra, hasn't really been any new information on it since last year as far as I can tell.

Only stuff from that first DMC5 leak we haven't seen yet is the Residents Evil 2 Remake which it talks about being shown this year, so maybe we'll see that at E3. The other is Marvel Vs Capcom Infinity updates like new DLC, a possible free DLC this summer that adds some new characters for free, and a update that fixes the graphics, art style, and UI. Oh yeah, it also says something about a Mother 3 localization, and I don't think we've heard anything about that yet either. The stuff about the Switch's new online functions that came out recently, how the "virtual console" will be different, is also in that first leak.

Last edited:

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Really wanna see the Ken Levine game, he stated before that they will start showing it this year. I hope that is still the plan

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom