Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Perfect World and Cryptic Studios announced Magic the Gathering MMORPG:

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios Announce Magic: The Gathering RPG

Developers Behind Neverwinter Unveil New Title Based on Wizards of the Coast’s Strategy Card Game

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of online games, and Cryptic Studios, today announced the development of a brand new RPG based on Magic: The Gathering, the acclaimed strategic card game by Wizards of the Coast. The AAA RPG is currently being developed from the ground up for both PC and console. Additional details and the game’s official title will be revealed at a later date.

The world’s most popular strategy card game, Magic: The Gathering transforms players into Planeswalkers, powerful mages who can travel between planes, cast spells and summon mythical creatures. The beloved trading card game has over 20 million fans across more than 70 countries, and is available in 11 languages. Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios’ new RPG will allow fans of the game to fully immerse themselves in the Multiverse, the rich fantasy world in which Magic: The Gathering takes place.

“It’s Magic: The Gathering like you’ve never experienced before,” said Bryan Huang, CEO of Perfect World Entertainment. “We are ecstatic about the direction of the game Cryptic has been shaping. It’s always been a dream of ours to bring Magic’s Planeswalkers to a modern RPG.”

The upcoming game extends the licensing partnership between Perfect World Entertainment, Cryptic Studios and Wizards of the Coast – a relationship that has resulted in 15 million Neverwinter players and growing.

“This game is an exciting part of Wizards of the Coast’s Magic Digital Next initiative to extend gameplay beyond the tabletop, and we’re proud to work with the talented team at Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios to bring the Magic: The Gathering Multiverse to life,” said David Schwartz, Wizards of the Coast Vice President of Digital Publishing.

Cryptic Studios is currently ramping up production in its Los Gatos headquarters for the development of the game.

“Everything from the graphics to the gameplay is being targeted for a truly unique AAA game,” said Stephen D’Angelo, CEO of Cryptic Studios. “We’re thrilled to provide Magic fans with an opportunity to explore the game’s worlds and characters through an entirely new lens. Get ready to embark on a brand new journey.”

Doesn't actually say it's an MMO. +M

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Perfect World and Cryptic Studios announced Magic the Gathering MMORPG:

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios Announce Magic: The Gathering RPG

Developers Behind Neverwinter Unveil New Title Based on Wizards of the Coast’s Strategy Card Game

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of online games, and Cryptic Studios, today announced the development of a brand new RPG based on Magic: The Gathering, the acclaimed strategic card game by Wizards of the Coast. The AAA RPG is currently being developed from the ground up for both PC and console. Additional details and the game’s official title will be revealed at a later date.

The world’s most popular strategy card game, Magic: The Gathering transforms players into Planeswalkers, powerful mages who can travel between planes, cast spells and summon mythical creatures. The beloved trading card game has over 20 million fans across more than 70 countries, and is available in 11 languages. Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios’ new RPG will allow fans of the game to fully immerse themselves in the Multiverse, the rich fantasy world in which Magic: The Gathering takes place.

“It’s Magic: The Gathering like you’ve never experienced before,” said Bryan Huang, CEO of Perfect World Entertainment. “We are ecstatic about the direction of the game Cryptic has been shaping. It’s always been a dream of ours to bring Magic’s Planeswalkers to a modern RPG.”

The upcoming game extends the licensing partnership between Perfect World Entertainment, Cryptic Studios and Wizards of the Coast – a relationship that has resulted in 15 million Neverwinter players and growing.

“This game is an exciting part of Wizards of the Coast’s Magic Digital Next initiative to extend gameplay beyond the tabletop, and we’re proud to work with the talented team at Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios to bring the Magic: The Gathering Multiverse to life,” said David Schwartz, Wizards of the Coast Vice President of Digital Publishing.

Cryptic Studios is currently ramping up production in its Los Gatos headquarters for the development of the game.

“Everything from the graphics to the gameplay is being targeted for a truly unique AAA game,” said Stephen D’Angelo, CEO of Cryptic Studios. “We’re thrilled to provide Magic fans with an opportunity to explore the game’s worlds and characters through an entirely new lens. Get ready to embark on a brand new journey.”

Doesn't actually say it's an MMO. +M
It's an MMO, unfortunately.
Experience stunning visuals and sound as we bring Magic to life in this next generation MMORPG. As a Planeswalker, you explore amazing worlds, combat powerful creatures, and meet the legendary beings that shape the fate of the multiverse.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.pcgamer.com/bully-2-listing-points-to-possible-e3-2017-reveal/

Rumor: removed Bully 2 listing points to possible E3 2017 reveal
Game Informer listing appeared in error, according to game outlet.

In what could possibly be one of the biggest E3 2017 spoilers yet, a now removed listing on the Game Informer website points to a possible sequel to Bully – Rockstar's 2008 high school adventure. Dubbed Bully 2: Kevin's Back Jack, it might just be a troll or a data entry error, but Game Informer often reveals new games on its monthly magazine covers. Could this appear on its next?

What other details did the now-removed listing contain? Diddly-squat, to be honest. It listed PlayStation 4 as the platform, which may alarm PC (and Xbox) enthusiasts. Meanwhile, the game might support two players, and it's listed as releasing this fall, or spring in Australia.

After removing the listing, the official Game Informer Twitter account had the following to say: "You might be seeing reports we have reported Bully 2 exists. This is in error. We have not heard anything about a sequel to Bully."

In any case, here's a screenshot of the removed listing. More info as it comes to hand, but it's probably safe to keep your expectations in check.

C5Bqby8bkmVCTWSWBEtfbf-650-80.png

:hmmm:

Rev

Arcane
I would like to see a Bully 2, but the one shown above looks super fake. Also, even if it was in the works, I don't think they would announce it before RDR2 is released.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SEGA® and ATLUS® today announced a bumper line-up for E3 2017 across two neighbouring stands in the West Hall, showcasing a diverse selection of games in the publisher’s biggest E3 showing since 2013. All details below.

West Hall, Booth #4300

Total War: WARHAMMER 2, Total War: ARENA, Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces

Creative Assembly™ are unleashing the Lizardmen on the public for the first time in Total War™: WARHAMMER® II. The second game in the Total War: WARHAMMER trilogy is set in a whole new part of the Warhammer world, introducing four new playable races in an epic narrative campaign. In a spectacular quest battle taken from the game, E3-goers can seize control of a Lizardmen army as they march against the High Elves, who they’ve caught meddling in the dormant ruins of an ancient Lizardmen portal. Total War: ARENA, the free-to-play team based strategy game from Creative Assembly and Wargaming Alliance, will feature with 20 stations set up for frenetic 10v10 action! Additionally, there will be playable stations for Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania at the booth.

West Hall, Booth #4312

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life and Yakuza Kiwami

Visitors will be able to reacquaint themselves with the legendary Kazuma Kiryu in a double header of hard-hitting Yakuza™ action, playable on the show floor: Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, the latest entry in the long-running series and Yakuza Kiwami, a rebuilt-from-scratch HD remake of the original 2005 PlayStation 2 hit, Yakuza. Attendees who visit the booth will also have the opportunity to receive special Yakuza-themed swag (as long as supplies last).

Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces

If breakneck speed is more your thing, we’ve got you covered! Booth #4312 will feature playable stations for the ultimate celebration of past and future with Sonic Mania™, an all-new 2D adventure with stunning HD retro style graphics running at smooth 60FPS and featuring all your favourite classic characters. Sonic Forces™, from the development team behind Sonic Colors™ and Sonic Generations™, will be your second dose of speedy Sonic action where you will get to experience fast-paced gameplay as Modern Sonic, thrilling platforming as Classic Sonic, and powerful gadget action as your own custom Hero Character! Those who come by to play Sonic could receive a special Sonic E3 giveaway item.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

ATLUS will have an exclusive new trailer for the hotly anticipated Western release of Vanillaware’s 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, a story of battle-ready youths, humanity and…giant mechs. Plus, be sure to take a photo with the 13 Sentinels mech standee to receive a gorgeous poster featuring Vanillaware’s signature flair (while supplies last).

Three Highly Anticipated Nintendo 3DS Titles

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth – Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is all about choosing how your own adventure unfolds . Practice your map-making and FOE slaying skills with the playable hands-on demo on the show floor.

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology – Once again take the reins of Alistel operative Stocke as he unlocks the power of the White Chronicle relic and gains the ability to travel between two alternate timelines in this enhanced retelling of a JRPG classic.Watch a live demo of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, only for show attendees.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux – Demon aficionados can look forward to a new Redux trailer. New story content, additional endings, a new dungeon to explore and more await those who wish to brave the spatial distortion known as the Schwarzwelt! Be sure to check out the demos and trailers for a chance to get a colourful assortment of stickers!

For more information about SEGA, ATLUS or any of its studios, visit www.sega.com or www.atlus.com and be sure to follow us:
Lots of interesting games for me.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
From last year, someone calculated this. I'll skip all conferences this year and just watch the game videos the day after or a few hours after. I might watch the Sony one out of habit.

Bethesda: 50.2% (29:33/58:55)
EA: 24.1% (13:33/56:15)
Microsoft: 55.7% (49:52/1:29:35)
Ubisoft: 51,8% (1:00:35/2:00:00)
Sony: 70.6% (53:43/1:16:35)

% = of their time was spent on actually showing video games

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I wish they'd release a bully game where you play as a girl, and can bully both genders of the school. The men you could have to be more sneaky about it and get help or destroy their reputation because they're naturally stronger than you. Could make for a very fun game.

Hyperpube

Scholar
When is E3 2017?
E3 takes place June 13-15, 2017, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

https://www.e3expo.com/show-info/2895/about-e3/

I don't understand, why does Eurogamer claim that E3 starts on June 10th?
It pretty much does start on the 10th, since there will be conferences happening then. Same thing happened last year. I remember there were some pretty huge companyy conferences that went on before the official listed start date for e3. I don't know why those conferences aren't technically considered part of e3 though.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I wish they'd release a bully game where you play as a girl, and can bully both genders of the school. The men you could have to be more sneaky about it and get help or destroy their reputation because they're naturally stronger than you. Could make for a very fun game.
Only if you can get raped.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Accolade returns with new Bubsy:

Caen, France (June 8th, 2017) — Game Legend Bubsy The Bobcat held his first Press Conference in over 20 years to announce his starring role in the upcoming PC/PlayStation 4 platformer, Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back

“Yes, I know there are many question about where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing since Bubsy 3D (1996)” said, Bubsy “After that games HUGE success, I decided to become a transmedia star and signed a multipicture picture deal with 4F Pictures, I could have gone with Roger Corman but I don’t go in for that highbrow stuff”

“I was happily making my movies when a hungry director slipped a copy of the script for Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back under my door. I LOVED it instantly, besides it was my first game offer in 20 years!”

Bubsy the Woolies Strike Back is an all new Bubsy adventure featuring Bubsy in a bevy of exotic locations as he travels the planet looking for the beloved Golden Fleece. Bubsy must use all of his classic moves and a few new ones to dodge and out bobcat a battalion of Woolies, sharks and bess, not mention the gnarliest UFO bosses to ever grace a Bubsy adventure. The wisecracking lynx also adds over a 100 new one liners to his lexicon to keep fans guessing what he’ll say next.

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back will also mark the return of the Accolade game brand. Accolade is well known to retro gamers everywhere for a series of arcade, action and sports classics from the mid 80’s to the 2000s.

The game features the Havoc game engine designed by German developer Black Forest, the same team that created the wildly popular Gianna’s Sisters franchise.

Bubsy The Woolies Strike Back Will be to be released this September, on the PlayStation Network and on Steam for PC.

About Accolade: From 1985 to 2000, there was only one name for action, adventure, heart pounding thrills and fast paced games on your favorite computer or gaming system – Accolade! Now, after more than a decade and half absence, 2017 marks the return of one of the most beloved and iconic names to gamers all around the World.

Accolade is back! Accolade returns with classic all new, reimagined games from its vast catalog and brand new franchises that will thrill anyone from 9 to 90 that calls themselves a gamer. Get ready for the return of iconic games and franchises like Busby, Hardball, Slave Zero, Deadlock, Eradicator, Redline and more!

The last line is somewhat relevant to Codex's interest, I guess.

The necromancer is apparently a Hong Kong-based company Billionsoft, and if they are the same company behind Tommo (and Retroism), they also own Darklands, Sid Meier's old games (Silent Service, Colonization, Covert Action and more), and Falcon. (Well, it doesn't look like a company that can afford Arnold Hendrik's estimated budget ($10m+) for Darklands 2.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The necromancer is apparently a Hong Kong-based company Billionsoft, and if they are the same company behind Tommo (and Retroism)

https://www.billionsoftware.com/

We are proud owners of the Humongous Entertainment brand as well as several GT Interactive, Accolade, Holobyte Spectrum, MicroProse, Infograme and Atari properties.

That's basically everything that Tommo/Retroism owned. They're listed as "partners" on the website. But Steam and GOG still say Retroism is the publisher. Very curious.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.pcgamer.com/kleis-next-game-will-be-revealed-at-the-pc-gaming-show-next-week/

Klei's next game will be revealed at the PC Gaming Show next week
Don't Starve, Hot Lava, Oxygen Not Included, and...

Last year during the PC Gaming Show E3 broadcast, Klei Entertainment revealed Oxygen Not Included, the studio's highly-scientific take on the colony sim genre. With Oxygen Not Included hitting Early Access last month, it's already time to show off something new. This year the talented Canadian developer will reveal another completely new project live on the PC Gaming Show stage at E3.

Watch the PC Gaming Show Monday, June 12 at 10 AM Pacific (1 PM Eastern, 6 PM BST) on twitch.tv/pcgamer, Steam, or Facebook to see it first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom