Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter DwarfCorp: colony of ruthless capitalist Dwarves!

dehimos

Augur
Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1078333633/dwarfcorp
More links with evolution: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=28001.0

Update #3: Pre Alpha Prototype!: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1078333633/dwarfcorp/posts/552633

As Karl Marx once said, "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to toiling for the Bourgeoisie we go!" DwarfCorp is a comedic fantasy real-time strategy game in which you lead a colony of ruthless capitalist Dwarves to discover new lands, and exploit them for profit!

8c3a5140bfd1553274b590fe72a00315_large.png

dehimos

Augur
I don't think it's a Dwarf Fortress. For me it is closer to a Tycoon.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Not only with graphic but with some Minecraft wibe. Or just Gnomoria twin.
8 dolans is acceptable, even for potatos.

oscar

Arcane
Looks cool. I've always felt like a pussy for never being able to make the leap into Dwarf Fortress when it sounds so good.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Might buy if they actually make it ruthless and allow me to enslave natives and force them to slave away in a mine pit or entertain my workers lolz.

Borelli

Arcane
-2d sprites + 3d terrain gives me a PSX vibe.

-Doesn't look like it will have DF simulationist flair.

-Day and night cycle means you can forget about games lasting several in-game years.

-Your motherland sending balloons instead of caravans sounds cool.

-Dwarf Fortress with graphics.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Another DF Extra Lite for those who cannot into tutorial videos and reading wiki.

For 2D game with depth there's DF and for 3D there's Minecraft with mods.

Hellraiser

Arcane
-Doesn't look like it will have DF simulationist flair.

Well this sounds promising, if only because toady could never get the economy working in DF:

Paying Your Employees
In order to conform to international Dwarf Corporation standards, you must pay your employees a living wage. Through the Dwarven Resources panel, you will be able to set the pay rate of different Dwarf Classes. Each business cycle, dwarves extract cash from your bank account and put it in their wallets. Each dwarf has a little cache of money which he keeps to himself. Dwarves decide on their own what to spend their money on. Since your colony is in a faraway land, the only things a Dwarf can buy come from your company store! In drinking halls, your dwarves will have to shill out a few coins for each pint of ale. Dwarves may also spend their personal savings on sentimental items shipped from the motherland.

Borelli

Arcane
Dungeon Keeper has the best employee paying method. A deep demonic voice would say "it's payday" and then all your demons would form a konga line moving towards the gold pile. Cracks me up every time.:lol:

Quilty

Magister
Could be intereting, but I doubt it will match up to Dwarf Fortress. That game has been eating away at my free hours recently, and I absolutely love it. I would actually be up for another rpgcodex succession game if there's any interested dwarf managers out there.

Regvard

Arcane
This relatively recent tendancy to portray dwarves as capitalists annoys me. Tolkien-derived dwarves are simply not. Newfags are confusing materialism with capitalism.

Garm

Learned
Oh cool another Dwarf Fortress clone that will never get out of alpha.

Cassidy

Arcane
This relatively recent tendancy to portray dwarves as capitalists annoys me. Tolkien-derived dwarves are simply not. Newfags are confusing materialism with capitalism.

Pretty much. As Arcanum have nailed so precisely, Gnomes are the real Jews Capitalists.

Johannes

Arcane
Sure, tolkien dwarves or the norse or german dwarves were not capitalist by any measure, but hey - as time and Progress rolls on it is only natural that even the supernatural embrace the benefits of the free markets. All according to Karl Marx as the pitch points out.

knightley

Educated
I kind like the it. But damn, am i tired of minecraft style graphics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom