Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dwarf Fortress- full graphics release (updated 4 III)

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Then my dwarves would be forced to survive from the meat of elvish children and drinking water.

EDIT2:
Apparently the newest version, X.03, has pathfinding fixes.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Not a bug.In the earlier versions when it was still 2d, you actually had to dig into the mountain to find an underground river and then use a complicated mechanism to flood an area for farming inside your fort. Well, it made herb gathering much more useful. As it is now I just dig out a spot near a pond and let some water in if I need to. Much safer than messing with rivers and their infinite flooding potential.

I wish I had a supercomputer to play dwarf fortress on. Set up some crazy fort with max area and hundreds of dwarves hollowing out an entire mountain and exporting enough weapons to supply every nation in the world.

Multi-headed Cow

That reminds me, I haven't played much/any DF2010 yet but did they add the ability to choose specific types of a material to craft items with/encrust with gems? For instance, it's a bit of a dick in the ass to try to craft an item from dragon bone when there are all these other bones lying around, and then encrust with gems just randomly grabs crafted objects.

winglessfly

Novice
Help with graaphics dwarf fortress

Hello. i need help with the graphics version of dwarf fortress. First of all, the sound or music does not work at all. Second, i cant run it in fullscreen mode. Third, i dont know how to change levels. it used to be shift > or shift < but now it doesnt work. Plz help with these questions!

thursday

Novice
Re: Help with graaphics dwarf fortress

winglessfly said:
Hello. i need help with the graphics version of dwarf fortress. First of all, the sound or music does not work at all. Second, i cant run it in fullscreen mode. Third, i dont know how to change levels. it used to be shift > or shift < but now it doesnt work. Plz help with these questions!
I don't think dwarf fortress has any sound to speak of, and I usually turn music off, so I don't know anything about how to fix that. If you're using Mayday's set, I think the keys to change levels are set to * and / on the number pad.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
If you are using mayday tileset, he have music and sound turned off by default as far as I know. You can change it in the configuration files.

Go to folder "data" in your DFG, then folder "init" and there you have a init.txt file.

In it, you will find all the important settings. You can turn the sound on there. You can also set the resolution for fullscreen there.

Look for those lines:

Full screen info.

[FULLSCREENX]
[FULLSCREENY]
[FULLFONT:maydayMIN.bmp]

Then:

[GRAPHICS]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:mayday.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:mayday.bmp]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE]

And at least:

[GRID:80:40]
[FULLGRID:80:50]

GRID is for windowed, FULLGRID is for Fullscreen. You have to divide you resolution by 16 to have the numbers to put into GRID. So, I have GRID 80:40 because 1280/16=80 and 640/16=40. Same thing for Fullscreen.

As for the way to change a level, just bind the new keys in the game, there is a key binding menu.

That should be all I think.

Check the rest of the init.txt, there are quite interesting settings there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom