Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Angthoron Codex is Fund raise?

grimace

Arcane
The game has been greenlit on Steam. Does this mean Dungeons of Aledorn will be completed with or without a successful Kickstarter campaign?

Also:
DoA for LINUX
MARCH 15 -TEAM21
We have been testing linux build version and with small bugs it worked. So NOW Dungeons of Aledorn will be available for LINUX too.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The game has been greenlit on Steam. Does this mean Dungeons of Aledorn will be completed with or without a successful Kickstarter campaign?
Those two factors are not connected. Being greenlit only means the game will be represented in Steam store.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Angthoron Codex is Fund raise?
Will kick the idea around, sure.

Any suggestions for the tier Codex would aim for? Pls to be realism.
The 2500 dorra one? Hell of a conservative estimate, but I suppose Kickstarter and pre-order fatigue is in.
Unless we want to make this a pissing contest with RPGWatch again.

You could also aim low for the 850 one first and move on from there. It would still let the codex design a monster.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is that as well. Shouldn't be an issue unless we decide to raise for 7 Drog Saga as well.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Those two factors are not connected. Being greenlit only means the game will be represented in Steam store.
Yes. However, in the Codex interview it is confirmed that,

Of course, we have a plan B, and even a plan C.
In a variant of B, we can expect an investor to come on board - a third party. We have already been approached by several of them after our pre-campaign for Kickstarter. We have politely declined, stating that we first want to try our hands on crowdfunding to see whether players deem the game worthy of purchase.

Plan C is that we will continue from our own resources and capabilities. Even like this, we will finish the game, but we will have to remove some elements to make it easier to finish. It will also extend the development time of the game, as obviously we'll have to continue working on DoA whilst working full time to support the project.

Incidentally, I see in the Aledorn Kickstarter comments that Dawn_ believes this may be her final Kickstarter backing. This is history. We must make this campaign succeed not only for the genre's glory, but also to seal her legacy on a high note.

Exactly. Unless you are broke, there is no reason you cannot fund this in addition to Seven Dragons Saga. It has been years since I have seen an SSI Goldbox game, or Dark Heart of Uukrul, Realms of Arkania done right.

We need iterations on creativity if we are going to delivery successful RPG mechanics.

I think the pledges aren't compelling enough...

Nor did they state enough stretch goals. The name is generic enough to pass under some radars.

That said, it is still worth contributing to something so deep, with hardcore mechanics we haven't seen in over 10+ years. Fuck $9, they get my $35 pledge, just for creativity.

That, on the basis of the latest Kickstarter update alone. This appears the best of both worlds: first-person immersion, along with hex-based wargame tactics, and top-notch use of environmental physics to boot.

Plus, it pushes the envelop as far as ideas, with the idea of luck being developed through minigames, then playing a role in combat. And books being examines, only to find an entire library was merely an illusionary room. Traps... Hidden doors.. Puzzles...

My kinda game.

Who the fuck is Dawn_?

If you're referring to me, I started posting here over 10+ years ago. My old email went missing, as did my password, thus my old profile is defunct.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
If you're referring to me, I started posting here over 10+ years ago. My old email went missing, as did my password, thus my old profile is defunct.
That's a codex meme from last year. There was a news thread about the Serpent in the Staglands kickstarter and Dawn_, one of the backers, got upset that some codexers wanted the game to be TB instead of RTWP. Long story short, she wrote the admins an open letter criticizing the codex, which resulted in an entire thread dedicated to trolling her (this was since retardoed).

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
That's a codex meme from last year. There was a news thread about the Serpent in the Staglands kickstarter and Dawn_, one of the backers, got upset that some codexers wanted the game to be TB instead of RTWP. Long story short, she wrote the admins an open letter criticizing the codex, which resulted in an entire thread dedicated to trolling her (this was since retardoed).
I take it you were referring to me. Yes I am aware of that drama, it was just a shitty reference post to harvest kool kred.
Anyways upped my pledge, I really want to see this happen

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think this game deserves backing more than tsi does honestly. If I think about what KS should be, these people just seem way more passionate. Sure 60k won't probably be enough, and they'll have to beg some Russian oligarch to finish the game like Aterdux. But if I'm gonna flush money down the toilet it sure as hell isn't gonna be on that uninspired tsi pitch.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think this game deserves backing more than tsi does honestly. If I think about what KS should be, these people just seem way more passionate. Sure 60k won't probably be enough, and they'll have to beg some Russian oligarch to finish the game like Aterdux. But if I'm gonna flush money down the toilet it sure as hell isn't gonna be on that uninspired tsi pitch.

Nobody's going to be flushing any money for Seven Dragon Saga because its Kickstarter is going to fail. There should be a concerted effort to direct Seven Dragon Saga backers to this game after it does.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Nobody's going to be flushing any money for Seven Dragon Saga because its Kickstarter is going to fail. There should be a concerted effort to direct Seven Dragon Saga backers to this game after it does.
Offhand observation, but I think barring HBS's effort, most obscure/low-key k'starters these days just limp along to the finish line. Saw that in a few, not exactly solid data, but eh. Likely the same case here.

Alchemist

Arcane
I'll definitely chip into a Codex fundraiser for DoA if one happens, in addition to doing my own pledge. These guys seem legit and worthy of support.

Nor did they state enough stretch goals.
I think it's refreshing that they don't list a bunch of stretch goals. It means they are clearly focused on making a solid game first and not getting ahead of themselves with feature bloat. It already is a very ambitious concept anyway.

If it's a runaway success that's when it's time to post stretch goals. Lets see if it even has a chance of funding first.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Nice idea that this "concentration pool" for the rogue
Rogue's abilities begin and end with their concentration. The total amount of concentration points is defined at the beginning of every combat situation and they won't replenish sooner than after that particular battle has come to an end

Like the battle rage of warriors, it seems their goal is to give limited freedom of actions like the mana for the mages.When it's empty, no more skilled strike! I like that, it can be a nice anti cooldown system.

It should be explained in a latter update

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just one thing about stretch goals in general - they are usually presented after (or slightly before) the campaign reaches its asking/base goal.
The same applies to PayPal.

Reasons for this practice are pretty obvious if you ask me.

I suggest a Kodex Kickstarter for Aledorn. They need pledges. Badly!

I'll definitely chip into a Codex fundraiser for DoA if one happens, in addition to doing my own pledge. These guys seem legit and worthy of support.

I think it's refreshing that they don't list a bunch of stretch goals. It means they are clearly focused on making a solid game first and not getting ahead of themselves with feature bloat. It already is a very ambitious concept anyway.

If it's a runaway success that's when it's time to post stretch goals. Lets see if it even has a chance of funding first.

I kinda agree, but from a marketing perspective, they should have provided incentives, since they are up against stiff competition.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I'm in virtue of a Codex fundraiser, in any case. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom