Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Couldn't they have called it Aledorn Dungeons instead? It has such an unfortunate acronym this way.

Shannow

Waster of Time
It's...it's like somebody actually listened to me all those years :love:

But the name is clearly influenced by

Too bad that they'll probably not gonna make it because prestigious magazines hate them and don't put them in news posts. Obviously they don't want good indy RPGs to be made.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'll be sending them some questions. Let me know (ITT) if you have anything you'd want to ask.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Please ask them about the scope of the game. I do not mean hours of play, but approximate number of NPCs, enemy types, item variety, etc.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
There are really 12 of them? And they are based in the same town... maybe I should ask if they need any help, it looks cool.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If the battle map is gonna be generated from the fpp view, will it be possible to arrange your party in marching order and/or formations?

Darkzone

Arcane
WTF! They have a tech demo and perhaps a working prototype and then they missed the most important thing besides this: advertisment at the RPG sites.

Morkar Left

And I would back but I just remembered that KS doesn't support PayPal and I don't have a credit card. Derp.

There's still time for good decisions by getting a cc and repel the evil that is paypal.

I'll be sending them some questions. Let me know (ITT) if you have anything you'd want to ask.

DRM-free? Steam only?

How much playtime they are expecting?

How long is the game already in development?

Did they make a game before?

Cool beard!

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I asked them yesterday if the game would be DRM-free. Still got no reply.
But I think they'd be crazy not to sell a DRM-free version.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's...it's like somebody actually listened to me all those years :love:

But the name is clearly influenced by

Too bad that they'll probably not gonna make it because prestigious magazines hate them and don't put them in news posts. Obviously they don't want good indy RPGs to be made.

Here's your brofist for Alestorm.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, this looks great. Newspost worthy, IMO. Infinitron Crooked Bee

What do you mean "thread". Make a news post. That's what you signed up for, isn't it? FFS.

Looks really cool. Why not run a news item about it?

All right all right http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...krondor-and-arkania-now-on-kickstarter.97701/

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm- As much as I am beginning to abhor Kickstarter- This one seems like its done right. And $9? I suppose I can do without a Big mac meal today and maybe pledge on this one.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So the tech demo is basically two combat scenarios, one aboard a ship vs. pirates, and the other in a cave versus skeletons.

The pirate one was pretty easy, especially because you have a mage who can freeze opponents for a couple of turns and another mage with fireball AoE, you also had a rogue and a fighter type.
There don't seem to be Attacks of a port unity implemented yet, but flanking, counterattacking and backstabbing are in. And yes, the battle field is within the same exploration area.

So, not much to go on really, but it looks okay.

Team 21

NoEZ Games
Developer
Hi guys,
I will try to answer some of your questions.
Q: DRM-free? Steam only?
We get many questions about DRM and whether our game is going to be DRM free. Frankly, we have to admit we are not sure at this moment. We are planning to use Steam on open platforms, so the game will be using Steam default copy protection mechanics. Other options including GOG.com are being considered but can't be confirmed as of yet.
Q: If the battle map is gonna be generated from the fpp view, will it be possible to arrange your party in marching order and/or formations?
You will have a special GUI in which you set location of each characters.

Thx for support

Nefarit

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm wondering about character creation. The video implies that you have a premade party and can tweak their stats a bit if you want and that's it. Is there full creation? Can I make a party of six female dwarf druids with six different hairstyles?

Team 21

NoEZ Games
Developer
I'm wondering about character creation. The video implies that you have a premade party and can tweak their stats a bit if you want and that's it. Is there full creation? Can I make a party of six female dwarf druids with six different hairstyles?

Nope. In the creation your party you will generate five characters and each class is permitted only 2x (for better gameplay). What hairstyles and cosmetics at all the different characters are concerned, both will play a big role in the success / failure to KS.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hi guys,
I will try to answer some of your questions.
Q: DRM-free? Steam only?
We get many questions about DRM and whether our game is going to be DRM free. Frankly, we have to admit we are not sure at this moment. We are planning to use Steam on open platforms, so the game will be using Steam default copy protection mechanics. Other options including GOG.com are being considered but can't be confirmed as of yet.
To be honest I think you should really consider a DRM-free release.
Otherwise you risk alienating many a potential customer (me included; I don't use Steam).

Aenra

he looks too good. And he's blonde. And something tells me he still has all his hair. Motherf..

game looks like shit anyway

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom