Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

agris

Arcane
Patron
It is ridiculous that TSI gets as much coverage as it does, for a poorly-defined and by all accounts mediocre project, while this is ignored. For what it's worth, I cancelled my 7DS pledge before it failed and redirected the money to Dungeons of Aledorn. Goodspeed (wo)men. :salute:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I must be a complete idiot because I see no option to use PayPal on their site. I'll probably pledge later.

Darkzone

Arcane
It is ridiculous that TSI gets as much coverage as it does, for a poorly-defined and by all accounts mediocre project, while this is ignored. For what it's worth, I cancelled my 7DS pledge before it failed and redirected the money to Dungeons of Aledorn. Goodspeed (wo)men. :salute:
I wish i had done this before TSI cancelled their project.

Abu Antar wait a bit. They probably need some time to inclued this on their page.

Essegi

Cipher
Officially funded!
Update #17
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your support during the campaign. Only through your support can we continue to develop games. At the same time we wish to inform you that the stretch goals remain in our plans... because in the coming days we are planning to open the option of pledging directly on our website, where all funds will continue to count towards REACHING those stretch goals!

Other Awesome Kickstarter Projects:
Outward is an RPG featuring coop (both splitscreen and online) that focus on answering one question: What would it really be like to live the life of the adventurer? You not only have to fight and find loot, you have to survive. You need to eat, drink and sleep. Also, to better simulate the life of the adventurer, we are constantly auto-saving and overwriting. No save/reload, you have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Go for the strechts!

agris

Arcane
Patron
I suppose this will make a suitable consolation prize, until SDS eventually gets made.
How do you know, when Team21 have literally released an order of magnitude more info about their game than TSI has?

Dorateen

Arcane
TSI has an order of magnitude more pedigree in the industry than Team 21. More to the point, the final series of updates for Seven Dragon Saga were informative and enticing.

But I'll stop right there. I bear no ill will toward Team 21, and I'm not interested in a pissing contest between the two projects. Dungeons of Aledorn appears like it could be a solid turn-based RPG in a traditional setting. I'll look forward to purchasing and playing.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Once people pull their money from that phony Gold Box successor, I see this gaining even more momentum. I bet this makes it on the last day.

It's just overkill.

Cadmus

Arcane
Cogratulations Team 21 !

I hope you put tons of money towards hiring a bunch of African Americans niggers indians shit, sorry, I mean native English speakers to correct all the writing.

Lhynn

Arcane
Happy news at last, i get to have a nice weekend now. Congrats to everyone involved.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Officially funded!
Update #17
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your support during the campaign. Only through your support can we continue to develop games. At the same time we wish to inform you that the stretch goals remain in our plans... because in the coming days we are planning to open the option of pledging directly on our website, where all funds will continue to count towards REACHING those stretch goals!

Other Awesome Kickstarter Projects:
Outward is an RPG featuring coop (both splitscreen and online) that focus on answering one question: What would it really be like to live the life of the adventurer? You not only have to fight and find loot, you have to survive. You need to eat, drink and sleep. Also, to better simulate the life of the adventurer, we are constantly auto-saving and overwriting. No save/reload, you have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Go for the strechts!
Personally, even though I'm tired of medieval-fantasy RPGs I'm really happy that they managed to succeed.
The fact that they sponsored another "rival" Kickstarter after their triumph, speaks a lot about them.

Team21 really are Bros.
Captain-America-Salute-Reaction-Gif.gif

Darkzone

Arcane
Forgot almost all about this one, left my pledge in because $9? Does it look good?

You missed a lot. They passed the $60k one hour before the end of Kickstarter at the end they made $61k. This was a tense ks, you could have cut the air with a knife, everybody was holding their breath and it was going back and forth (59k then 57k then 59k again).

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
With the pledge extension announcement, I would like to see a "codex fundraising" campaign.It could give my bros a second chance to show how they support Team 21 :salute:

Apexeon

Arcane
A old team from the 90's can basically have a poorly-defined and a mediocre project with **** art and pull in a lazy 100K.
The media bangs on the drums for them too. Look they made some art with Unity store assets and they look like
they are going to have 80 spells wow 80 that is amazing! Please everyone shower them in money for there retirement funds they
have a document that says "lots of spells and ****".

Indies have to work like crazy and fight for every inch.

The core design complete and fully explained.
The Story done and explained.
We have to knock out large chunks of the games final art (concept art does not cut it).
It helps to even get a demo out with the combat system operational (coding up front as well).
Music done up front as well helps.
While working fulltime at Walmart to pay the bills.

And the media won't go near you or report on you. They are too busy with trash like "Destiny's" new patch for loot and "World of Wallet raiding craft".
A feeding frenzy of decline.

Upped my pledge.

Rush mention deserves Brofist.

Aspergers deserves Hofist!?

Also, wtf with the shiny NWO ad at the top of my screen!???

P.S. Now can we lift/break objects in realtime first-person before entering Mortal Kombat?

P.P.S. I need more Kodex Kool Kredits. Rush references like that need more brofists. Made me crack up!

Also, back to the NWO ad....

Any buyers!?

groundhog

Educated
I was really disappointed when it looked like this was going to fail to reach its target, so it was great to see it finally make it. Congratulations and good luck with the game Team 21!

Darkzone

Arcane
All this silly 7DS vs. Aledorn enmity in this thread serves no purpose, get it together people.
This is not as much as 7DS vs Aledorn, but more a why TSI with a lazy kickstarter has gathered so much attention, while Team21 has invested much work hours and put so much love in to their work and their kickstarter and has just barely reached the 60k. Then after it was clear that both kickstarters will just reach only their founding goal, TSI has fled the battlefield despite good support from media and perhaps future shout outs (while fleeing they did not even give one to Team21), while Team21 stood firm and has fought to the end, deserving this small victory. We don't know when or if TSI with 7DS will return to kickstarter, but surely Team21 has proven more than their worth and their determination, at least in the kickstarter departement. We can expect more good things in the future from Team21, while from TSI we can expect only to see their backs, if the things get tough.

naossano

Cipher
Hopefully, i might have some extra $$$ when TSI will kickstart again.
I wasn't in position to give any cent during those three recent campains, (wave of darkness/dungeon of Aledorn/Seven Dragon Saga) despite being interested in the three games, and seeing the three campaign not going so well. (i mean, with lot of suspence)

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My first KS where it felt like my pledge actually matters. Actually feels awesome!

Looking forward to this game. Team21 seem like truly passionate dudes. Also, they employ a professional Sword Consultant. Every game in development should have one of those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom