Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You all should meet me in KC. I called this kickstarter from the beginning and I'm calling the KC rush show as the last great show.

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
AqR6S1f.gif

Darkzone

Arcane
Buckethead is just overkill. Bucket also has to be a serious douche and sell out to be Axel Roses guitarist.
Yes he was young and needed the money. And Axel accepted this bucket not like Ozzy, who was just fucked up by his bucket. Also who else could fill and overfill the role of Slash?

So now i can raise my pledge.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not pledging because I have more games to play than I can finish before I die, but I'm damn happy they made it. What a final stretch! Congrats to the devs!

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fuck you and your fucking music bands - this is a topic where we discuss how Team21 and their bearded leader didn't give up like those TSI loser nerds!

Here is my latest photo - :keepmyjewgold:

Wrong topic bro.

BTW guys, the stretch goals are available.

7c8fd1887196156bb7162abecf62fae1_original.png

• (65K) Ring of Legend - Extra item - All backers who are getting a copy of the game will also receive a Kickstarter exclusive ring that provideS them with 5% extra experience. Show everyone that you believe in Dungeons of Aledorn!
  • (70K) You can make your own magical items! - New game mechanic - Players will be able to interact with magically-active NPCs to enchant their items greatly improving their effectiveness.
  • (75K) Localization- Translation - Extra languages will include Spanish, French or German.
  • (80K) Extra Races - New game mechanics - How would you like to have 2 more extra races (half-giant and fairy) for the game? If we make it here, the total number of races will go up!
  • (85K) Soul gem enchanting - New game mechanic - Collect ingredients and other items in order to enchant objects in your inventory, allowing you to tailor your experience to your particular playing style.
  • (90K) More side quests - New story - We will add several extra side quests which will in turn increase the size of the game.
  • (100K) Fully voice acted narrator - The game will include a fully voice acted narrator who will help to immerse players in the world of Dungeons of Alerdorn.

Essegi

Cipher
Update #16

We are funded! + Stretch goals + Selection of news before kickstarter campaign

Dungeons of Aledorn is funded! Thank you to all you all for believing in Team21's vision.
92c04d16531ae81501dd394951d9913a_original.png

7c8fd1887196156bb7162abecf62fae1_original.png

(65K) Ring of Legend - Extra item - All backers who are getting a copy of the game will also receive a Kickstarter exclusive ring that provideS them with 5% extra experience. Show everyone that you believe in Dungeons of Aledorn!

(70K) You can make your own magical items! - New game mechanic - Players will be able to interact with magically-active NPCs to enchant their items greatly improving their effectiveness.

(75K) Localization - Translation - Extra languages will include Spanish, French or German.

(80K) Extra Races - New game mechanics - How would you like to have 2 more extra races (half-giant and fairy) for the game? If we make it here, the total number of races will go up!

(85K) Soul gem enchanting - New game mechanic - Collect ingredients and other items in order to enchant objects in your inventory, allowing you to tailor your experience to your particular playing style.

(90K) More side quests - New story - We will add several extra side quests which will in turn increase the size of the game.

(100K) Fully voice acted narrator - The game will include a fully voice acted narrator who will help to immerse players in the world of Dungeons of Alerdorn.

Selection screens from news before kickstarter campaign

b9c7a3e174570260f13760a4edcf800f_original.jpg

Manto - small mountain village

One of the many dungeons in the game DoA

Screens from battles prototype

Lim's Inn "Dead fish"

Alchemists fortress

Pirate's main harbor - Condra

One of the many caves in the game DoA

Lim - Alchemist's workroom

Old graveyard

Inn mini-game - Dices

Inventory GUI

Blogs:
All news is here

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I threw a few bucks at the game after 7DS fell through and I had made a KS account anyway, not so much because I was super interested in Aledorn, which quite frankly I really wasn't, but more so because the videos of the team came across as really likeable and sympathetic and passionate. So I basically founded this soley because I like the dev team. If a good game comes from this I'll be really happy, if not, it wasn't that much money to begin with. I am happy they made it, good luck!

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Fuck yea! This is great news. I especially love that their "Thank You" picture has a guy drinking a beer. Now that's fucking Czech!

92c04d16531ae81501dd394951d9913a_original.png

edit: pretty sure it's the guy with the Anthrax-level goatee in those vids.

Darkzone

Arcane
Wearing a bucket on your head makes you a shitty hipster douche no matter how good you are at guitar. When you combine that level of inane hipster shit with being Axle Roses shill, then you're just a dumbfuck with dexterous fingers.
He wears his bucket and masc since at least 1988 so this was way before any hipster douche existed, and he was always to far off to be a hipster, even Primus was not so outer space like he was. GnR has produced only one good record / cd and certainly Buckethead could not make them better or worse, since they are shit anyway and buckethead is too much asperger, to influence Axel.

@Team21
Pilsner for all the brave czech developers, with one exception (the pink girl is too young to drink).

Congratulations, Team 21, you really showed what dedication and unwillingness to give up can do!

I hope this will be also serve as a reminder for all those Codexers who like to carpet bomb every Kickstarter thread (well, mostly the interesting ones) with their expert knowledge on how the devs will never make their goals after only a day or two has passed, that they should make a new/better pitch and yada yada.

I, for one, am really glad I eventually decided to back this despite my initial reservations and am doubly happy that you did succeed in your Kickstarter and don't have to make cuts to your initial plans. Your continuous updates during the campaign made me go from cautious optimism to "Damn, I want to play this!"

Alchemist

Arcane
Congrats to Team 21 and a salute to all fellow backers for making this happen! :salute:

These guys really deserved to succeed. The energy and effort they put into the kickstarter was really evident. They gave meaty gameplay updates throughout which made me want to play the game more and more, and the developer interviews were pretty interesting too.

This is how it's done!

Darkzone

Arcane
I just want to point out that I predicted this KS would succeed two days ago on page 9.
:martini:
You have bet for 100 brofist, so you shall receive at least one from me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom