Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeons of Aledorn Kickstarter successfully funded

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dungeons of Aledorn; Team 21

After the Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter campaign failed, Dungeons of Aledorn, the Arkania-inspired indie RPG by the Czech Team 21 that launched its own more modest campaign alongside it, soldiered on fearlessly. Against all odds, it was successfully funded today, reaching its goal of $60,000 only hours before the deadline. The guys and gals of Team 21 celebrated their victory with this nice photo in the campaign's final update:

Team 21 will continue to accept pledges for Dungeons of Aledorn on the game's website via PayPal, although it seems that's not ready yet. In the meantime, congratulations, guys! In the end, you didn't fall between the cracks.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
oh wow, they made it. good for them!

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I gave up on backing this because I was short on dosh, but I'll probably pre-order it down the road.

Glad to see they made it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This barely made $60,000 and there are people who think TSI pitching a Gold Box clone would be a success.

I hope they were honest about what they needed. :M

Sothpaw

Learned
This barely made $60,000 and there are people who think TSI pitching a Gold Box clone would be a success.

I hope they were honest about what they needed. :M

$60K goes much, much further in the Czech Republic than in the US.

Darkzone

Arcane
A man can eat a very comfortable three square meals in Prague for $8-12.
So now they can eat 5000 - 7000 three square meals. ;)
They will have some 50k for wages. This is something below the 100 months full time at low wages. Or 200 months of half time wages, and with the early access and gog support they can make it to their release date of Feb. 2017 without bank loans.

Last edited:

PatataFamilia

Novice
I wish them good luck, but their funding curve looks a little fishy:
dailypledges.png

dailybackers.png

dailycomments.png

The fact that there are days where the large increase in cash that aren't matched by increases in backer numbers or comments seems a mite suspicious. I get that backers with large sums can wreak havok with the normal curve on smaller projects, but this isn't that small, and normally a substantial update is what causes existing backers to increase pledges.

Darkzone

Arcane
I wish them good luck, but their funding curve looks a little fishy:
The fact that there are days where the large increase in cash that aren't matched by increases in backer numbers or comments seems a mite suspicious. I get that backers with large sums can wreak havok with the normal curve on smaller projects, but this isn't that small, and normally a substantial update is what causes existing backers to increase pledges.
This days can be due to a major investment like the 7k investor or by Backers who invested for some reason more money into the project, but overall this days are so extreme is due to the fact that the amount of money is much lower, if that would be over 600k then it would look more smooth.

PatataFamilia

Novice
Project Eternity had the most stereotypical curve ever, so I was looking to that for reference.

Darkzone

Arcane
Project Eternity had the most stereotypical curve ever, so I was looking to that for reference.
Yes therefore you have taken the comments per day cuve of PoE to compare it with the daily revenues of Dungeons of Aledorn. Shadowrun have more typical curves, than PoE.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Cool. That means the only game I've backed and really wanted to succeed but which failed is still Ars Magicka. I really didn't believe in this one, but shit worked itself out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom