Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1153206899/dungeons-of-aledorn-old-school-hardcore-rpg
Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406908315

http://noezgames.com

An impressive-looking indie Kickstarter that looks like it's going to fall through the cracks: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1153206899/dungeons-of-aledorn-old-school-hardcore-rpg

Dungeons of Aledorn (DoA) is an RPG game that brings back several time-tested principles of the classics into a single fantasy release. DoA is being created by and for hardcore gamers who appreciate games with a high challenge level.

As we were deciding what kind of game DoA should be, we searched for inspiration in the classics of this nowadays rare game genre. Therefore, we turned to the best of the best while designing DoA - Betrayal at Krondor, Realms of Arcania: Shadows over Riva, Might & Magic, King's Bounty and the Fallout series. In addition, our game bears many features similar to the popular pen & paper RPGs based on the D&D, Gurps and DrD (Czech equivalent of D&D) rules.

DoA players can expect a balanced combination of puzzles, branched dialogs options, tactical turn-based combat, quest-solving and last but not least an intriguing and complex RPG-system.

Last edited:

getter77

Augur
Hopefully it can get ample attention next to Seven Dragon Saga---as the combination of jank and ambition on display between their video and detailed writeup is the best kind of endearing. The RoA influence is strong, and the internal screaming amazement of a game listing GURPS as something that actually influenced it is not lost. I don't know that there's ever been such a single day on KS as far as wildly different RPGs launching like this...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It does look a lot like RoA HD, maybe because both're unity products.

Really interested in this one now.

Morkar Left

Backed. Sounds actually too awesome to be true.

Wow that looks pretty good actually. I guess I'll back it even tho it will most probably not make it :(

The campaign just started, goal is reasonable and the price is fair (only 9$ to get your digital copy by now).

Infinitron
Kodex Kuestion and Konclusion time?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This looks pretty good! 3D exploration, then turn-based combat (with hexes even!). Backed!

Hope they make it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backed it. I see it as worth the $9 entry point, even if I have major doubts it will be as good as it looks to be.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
They have done a lot and it looks great. Plus they aren't greedy and have a good range of prices. What's not to like?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The campaign just started, goal is reasonable and the price is fair (only 9$ to get your digital copy by now).

Of course :) And I hope they will succeed but I thought it was already on for a few days and aren't mostly the campaigns successful that manage to raise a good portion of their goal in the first week or something? But yeh I hope they'll manage because that looks really great.

And I would back but I just remembered that KS doesn't support PayPal and I don't have a credit card. Derp.

V_K

Arcane
So many indies going to kickstarter these days (mostly to fail miserably) it's getting harder and harder to discern one from another.
I saw the title come up on the watch news every now and then, and all this time I honestly believed it was that thing about a biker in a fantasy world that already failed its ks (I think?).
I also remember some guy here on the Codex making a Daggerfall-like that was also named Dungeons of something, can anyone remind me who that was?

Alchemist

Arcane
They have a great pitch - this looks excellent and I'm in for at least $9 (might raise later). They hit all the right buttons: 1st-person exploration, tactical hex-based combat, interactivity with environment, intricate stats and inventory, GURPS namedropping, RoA influence...

This looks a lot more professional than Seven Dragon Saga to be honest. And with a 2017 release they seem to be realistic about the scope of what they are undertaking, and are already showing some very strong footage.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
150 Bucks for boxed copy + map... Too bad kickstarting devs can into basic economies nowadays :/
Backed nonetheless. Looks awesome!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jeez, a team of 12, incredibly ambitious promises, lots of different physical garbage to produce and ship, and they're only asking for $60,000? What's that fishy smell?

Apexeon

Arcane
Backed at the art level package deal.
Looking for the wine package deal atm.

Get on it.

Pony King

Educated
It kinda looks like a shitty mashup of MMX and neo-King's Bounty.

I backed because it's cheap and the level guy has a cool beard.

Also turn based combat something or other...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom