Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Siege 3 Gameplay Trailer ups the Pow! Factor

Suchy

Arcane
Damn, you need to try hard to get any shittier than this.
Oh, and looks like the camera is fucked up yet again.

EvilManagedCare said:
Has it been announced if this is a single character game, or can you form parties like in the previous DS titles?
Why would you want a party in a linear real-time hack-n-slash. They'll just end up as meatshields or cheap dps bonus, that could be easily replicated by character abilities.

It's like my biggest concern about AoD. I'm worried that with a single player focus, the degree of turn-to-turn complexity (so removing the complexity arising from different weapons or other pre-fight tactical preparation) might not be sufficient for a TBS rpg. (casts: 'Summon VD'). Just going by the small amounts we've seen, that is (i.e. the demo and other tidbits).

KalosKagathos

Learned
Alexandros said:
Judging from the video, it doesn't seem to play like an action-RPG. I see more God of War than Diablo in this trailer.
What? There are no combos, no canceling, no juggling, no blocking, no rolling. It's still a Diablo-like. They may change the controls a bit to accommodate gamepads, but mechanics seem to be the same.

Topher

Cipher
When will developers learn that slow motion gameplay footage in you trailer makes their game look like laggy unoptimized shit. Every time that trailer showed the the character running around it look like really bad lag.

StrangeCase

Educated
Man, what's with the "let's cut off the animation before it finishes running" gimmick? It's like you see some dude doing a cartwheel with a sword and right as he's hitting the enemy, it abruptly cuts to another sequence. Is the standard measure of attention span down to tenths of seconds now?

EDIT: I guess sometimes it's alright. I'm thinking of around 0:13 and 0:55 in particular. And yeah, the slow-mo or lag or whatever it is makes the trailer look like crap. Even worse than the sparkles, IMO.

Turok

Erudite
I get bored with the old DS games (never finish then), they where shit, but this one is other thing, hope got a good gameplay.

Is a shame that no one make a pc hack&slash game like Demon's Souls (on ps3).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom