Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Dungeon Siege 3 Announced

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Comedy gold :lol: .

I am incredibly disappoint. Maybe they'll improve the series greatly with story. I'm really trying to hope for the best for Obsidian. Alpha Protocol was good, but they keep going back to doing sequels for other games.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Obsidian will manage to make Dungeon Siege 3 to suck even harder.
At least invisibility spell will make sense here!

Multi-headed Cow

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Death to Obsidian.

Multi-headed Cow

OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S EVEN BETTER WHEN I LOOK AT THE ARTICLE AND SEE IT'S MULTIPLATFORM AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

MetalCraze

Arcane
Shannow said:
A thought just came to me: Obsidian will be on one level with Uwe Boll.

That's it, that's their breakthrough. They've finally established themselves in the industry. Good work, Obsidian. Good you didn't follow in Troika's footsteps.

Invent new game out of nothing with new setting instead of copying?
Make every character in the game killable and the world will react?
A huge open world instead of linear corridors where you can go only in one way?
Non-linear quests with multiple outcomes affecting other quests?
And no cringeworthy emo romances?

You are just living in the past, wanting your games to be like something 12 years old!

Arem

Scholar
fearguswantsyou.jpg

LazyD

Liturgist
Donkey Balls said:
Never played DS2, but the first one was so linear, that you were literally walking in a straight line, killing monsters and passing through towns. There was no challenge whatsoever, so I eventually got bored and uninstalled it.

circ

Arcane
SURE IS A LOT OF DS HATE IN THIS HEAR PLACE Y'ALL.

I liked DS 1 and 2. Because they had landscapes and details unlike anything anyone else made. And it was all seamless. That engine was fucking amazing. Too bad the VO was total shit in DS 2, and so on. A fuck of a lot better looking gear than anything BW or Oblivian have ever made too.

I heard Chris Taylor was looking to totally retardify DS 3, but maybe this will be the RPG of the century after a year of bugfixing?

Shannow

Waster of Time
MetalCraze said:
Shannow said:

That's it, that's their breakthrough. They've finally established themselves in the industry. Good work, Obsidian. Good you didn't follow in Troika's footsteps.

Invent new game out of nothing with new setting instead of copying?
Make every character in the game killable and the world will react?
A huge open world instead of linear corridors where you can go only in one way?
Non-linear quests with multiple outcomes affecting other quests?
And no cringeworthy emo romances?

You are just living in the past, wanting your games to be like something 12 years old!
All fine and good, but what does that have to do with Uwe Boll? After all, he's not a retard. And if he's not a retard, neither are you.

Ryuken

Liturgist
They're tapping into a gaping market hole: there hasn't been a decent multiplayer console hack & slash game in the vein of Diablo since Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Since Diablo III has every console fanboy in the world asking for it to come to consoles other publishers must have taken notice of this. Since GPG isn't afraid of selling off their IP anymore (they sold SupCom to Square-Enix as well) this definitely makes sense. GPG can't possibly make it themselves either because they radically downsized themselves in 2008 (from 125 to 45 people or so), they're mainly a one-two project team now. Obsidian? They take on everything apparently. :lol:

If Blizzard doesn't bring Diablo III to consoles then Square, Obsidian (and Chris Taylor, he's working as an advisor for DSIII) can reap some rewards here. Certain Obsidian folks already did Icewind Dale I and II, those games were relatively close to traditional hack & slash if you think about it.

Of course, I guess going multiplatform means modding probably won't be in anymore (pretty much the sole thing that made the original DS memorable).

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Shannow said:

Bankruptcy?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"•Players can go on an adventure without leaving their couch, with friends or online multiplayer experience completely. "

What a fuckin' awesome, and unique game feature!

elkston

Novice
Never thought I'd see the words "Obsidian" and "Dungeon Siege" in the same sentence.

Never would have imagined this pair up, but I DO think the original Dungeon Siege was fun for what it was. The graphics were stunning for its time, and there was some very memorable incidental music by Jeremy Soule.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom