Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Dungeon Siege 3 Announced

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
How many games are Obsidian working on right now?
4 according to Wikipedia if you count AP(which you should, because there is no way they are not gonna patch that).

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But... what if they turn the game into a real RPG and not just a hack and slash?

Ah shit, who am I kidding? They are going to waste a couple of years and manpower on doing a shitty hack and slash for consoletards.

likaq

Arcane
I waiting for skyway response to this. :lol:
Obsidian... So much decline...
Consoletards will get a new screensaver. :lol:

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Ah, the pieces all come together now. The destiny of Obsidian is now finally revealed. To be involved with every popamole shit franchise in the gaming industry, and to make its name synonymous with the decline of rpgs.

Hory

Erudite
The explanation can only be that besides the universal forces of weak and strong interaction there's also the force of silly interaction, drawing together opposite entities purely for the sake of ridiculousness.

Chaud

Novice
Holy shit, this really IS surprising.

In the worst possible way. Did I wake up in a alternate/parallel universe?

Phelot

Arcane
I played through DS1. It was mindless and mediocre, but still a nice distraction. DS2 was more of the same and THAT I could not stomach.

I didn't think 2 sold that well so why make a 3?

Andhaira

Arcane
Wow, thats pretty pathetic. Also, whats Square Enix doing in this? I thought Dungeon Siege was Miscroft's property

Felix

Arcane
If this turn out good, it can convert a bunch of heathens, and I like to be surprised, but the chance is slim.

Wait and see for now.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Hmmm, this is... strange. But atm it's too early to rant about this, so I'll wait and see. Perhaps Obsidian surprises us again (after AP was a rather good game after all).

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Gamespot actually has these as screenshots:

997432_20100607_790screen004.jpg

997432_20100607_790screen002.jpg

997432_20100607_790screen003.jpg

997432_20100607_790screen001.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/dun ... Bthumb%3B2

And I'm lovin' it, parapapapa! I guess square is just publishing.

Gerrard

Arcane
That's not screenshots.

I only played the first one, and never actually finished it.

Always thought it was pretty hilarious that some farmer boy could instantly swing a hoe or whatever like some kung-fu master.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I know the shitflingers will disagree but it doesn't look bad is all I'm saying.

these AS screenshots

As in it's listed in the screenshots section. I was in doubt myself but if you guys say it's concept art I believe you.

Shannow

Waster of Time
A thought just came to me: Obsidian will be on one level with Uwe Boll.

That's it, that's their breakthrough. They've finally established themselves in the industry. Good work, Obsidian. Good you didn't follow in Troika's footsteps.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So, Obsidian's secret project was the second sequel of one of the worst diablo clone under the supervision of Square (and designed for consoles). I understand why they kept that secret.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Ogg said:
So, Obsidian's secret project was the second sequel of one of the worst diablo clone under the supervision of Square (and designed for consoles). I understand why they kept that secret.

They were scared of the Codex, obviously. :lol:

KalosKagathos

Learned
Just realized that DS3 is most likely Ziets' unannounced project. How did I end up in a fucked up universe in which a Dungeon Siege game can potentially be a successor to MotB?

burrie

Scholar
I think I'll just quote what popped up in my Twitter feed, as it pretty much sums up my thought...

How does this even make any sort of sense? http://bit.ly/94iVIv What do Obsidian, Square Enix, and Dungeon Siege have to do with each other?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom