Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon rats

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
When is release of Dungeon rats?

Also, wont be game be too small? 50 fights and probably most can be avoided. Also, wont be enough SP to upgrade skills for sure.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
When is release of Dungeon rats?
In about a month.

Also, wont be game be too small? 50 fights ...
It doesn't feel small because there are no filler fights.

...and probably most can be avoided.
There are very few fights that can be avoided. It's a combat game.

Also, wont be enough SP to upgrade skills for sure.
I don't think that's the case at all.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I don't believe I've ever said anything of that sort. It was a combat game from day one because we didn't have time to do anything else.

Urbanolo

Augur
I don't believe I've ever said anything of that sort. It was a combat game from day one because we didn't have time to do anything else.

You are most likely right, can't find it, I might have confused Dungeon Rats info with Colony Ship RPG somehow.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Yes, the CSG will definitely have non-combat (speech and stealth) ways through the game, but our timeframe is 4 years, not 10 months.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I posted what, 5-6 fights out if 50? The last screen is the 3rd fight with the Dredgers, out of 20+ fights on that level. It's really nothing.

Vault Dweller

Developer
How close is game to being finished? Its playable?
It's playable from start to finish and well polished. I've been playing it non-stop for the last 4 weeks (testing different parties), didn't have a single crash, bug, or issue. Here is what we're waiting for:

- 4 remaining portraits
- 3 icons
- the ending slides
- 15 achievements
- music tracks (almost done)
- trailer (we need to have a trailer to release the game on Steam)

If we get them today, we can release the game tomorrow because the rest is done. We need about 3 weeks.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
How close is game to being finished? Its playable?
It's playable from start to finish and well polished. I've been playing it non-stop for the last 4 weeks (testing different parties), didn't have a single crash, bug, or issue. Here is what we're waiting for:

- 4 remaining portraits
- 3 icons
- the ending slides
- 15 achievements
- music tracks (almost done)
- trailer (we need to have a trailer to release the game on Steam)

If we get them today, we can release the game tomorrow because the rest is done. We need about 3 weeks.

Thank you, i wait this game a lot. But take your time.

You changed combat balance in this game compared to AoD? I.e. you buffed or nerfed some builds, some weapons, skills, damage and accurasy formulas? Or combat balance is same as in AoD?

Vault Dweller

Developer
You changed combat balance in this game compared to AoD? I.e. you buffed or nerfed some builds, some weapons, skills, damage and accurasy formulas? Or combat balance is same as in AoD?
The balance and all the systems are the same. We changed crossbows' passive from knockdown (too powerful in a party-based setup) to stagger, potent balms now heal stat damage as there are no healers in-game, the antidote protects from poison, improved barbed arrow, increased throwing passive chance, increased flanking bonuses.

Urbanolo

Augur
If DR sells amazingly well (well above expectations), can we expect any additional content, free or paid, for AoD/DR before you release the space colony game? Or is the world of AoD a finished project after the final AoD content update coming in December or so.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Let's get there first, then figure out what we can do. In general, everything is possible and there are plenty of stories and plenty of ways to expand the AoD world (and you'll see one of them in DR), but it takes time, which is the main factor here.

Fever

Educated
Fantastic news, great to read it's getting released very soon. I'm among those who missed the party component in AoD.
OokIA

OokIA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom