Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Rats, Iron Tower Studio's Age of Decadence dungeon crawler, officially announced

Got bored and left

I wonder if this time we'll get more language versions than English and Russian, this could improve sales greatly. In fact, translating interface only in a combat heavy game could do the trick. Sure, people with zero English/Russian skills wouldn't be able to enjoy Vince's writing anyway but it's not that important in a dungeon crawler.

Vault Dweller and Elhoim
Would you consider adding partial translations to your game or would that be out of the question and only "all or nothing" would interest you?

Jakby ktoś chciał zabrać się za tłumaczenie na polski to jestem skłonny pomóc, chociaż mój angielski jest średniawy. Może właśnie przetłumaczylibyśmy chociaż interfejs/opcje + ewentualnie początek rozgrywki, by zarysować fabułę i pozwolić graczowi poczuć dekadencką atmosferę? Pozwolę sobie zawołać Polaków, jeśli tutaj nie uda się zebrać ekipy to nigdzie się nie uda.
Ninja Destroyer Darth Roxor Jvegi Havoc Manjuice Nutella Zdzisiu Zboj Lamignat Awor Szurkrarz Idiott yellowcake JudasIscariot warpig Bahamut Hellraiser Konjad covr Black_Willow Wise Emperor Exxos Necroscope panzertoter Bitcher1 bonescraper meanwhileInPoland Brzęczyszczykiewicz mikaelis trais Ivar the Boner Storyfag WhiskeyWolf @t Tytus Ptosio Robert Jarzebina Cowboy Moment Malakal Oesophagus lukaszek veevoir SmartCheetah Gangrelrumbler ArtB trais spectre MotherMachinae janior123tlen.pl Krivol Quatlo jcd Dwemer Puzzle Box Black Perkel Veelq bozia2012 Ovg Gerrard hell bovine hoverdog t norolim Jedi Master Radek Urbanolo

I'd be more than happy to help with translating and/or proofreading.

And, naturally, I'm buying the fuck out of this game when it's out!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Vault Dweller, just out of curiosity - does the announcement of Dungeon Rats increased daily sales of AoD anyhow?
Impossible to say as we announced it when the sale started. The sale did well but it's hard to say whether the announcement played any role. Lately there's been a number of very positive threads like the one on NeoGaf and they might have played a bigger role than the announcement.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1276830

I predict 75% casualties by choosing to make that jump if I understand Age of Decadence correctly :)
Different design. You can't die outside of combat.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Not really a problem for me, afterall it was the same for AoD.Only few situations led to the death ( like the well in the slums).

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Developer
So can Critical Strike still be used in dialogue?
No. Only stats are checked in dialogues.

Different design. You can't die outside of combat.
Tentative :decline:
Different game, different goals. AoD is a full-scale RPG with strong non-combat aspects. DR is a combat RPG with extra flavor. That flavor shouldn't kill you or affect the combat aspect in any way. What we're doing with CHA is a field test for the CSG: to try different things, gain some "perspective" and feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Yep..Bastards.
That's true :)
I've added Elwro but can't be sure about commie. Translate this to Polish:

comment_a0f64S3zYaaNcYqkwVkl5buSP5w1I5Pb.jpg

I've also added Jedi Master Radek and MicoSelva. Anyone else I've missed?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
:D To be honest,been so long since I've lived in the old country that my language skills are a bit mediocre. Enough to get by but grammatically I've been often mistaken for a US 'Polack' so it's better to have actual PiS voters to do the job of translating.

Johannes

Arcane
Is having a crafting expert and an alchemy expert how mandatory, or can you purchase comparable stuff reasonably?

Vault Dweller

Developer
It's a prison mine and you're fighting your way out, so you can't buy or sell anything. You'll be able to gather supplies, loot vials, bombs, etc.

You guys convinced me and I apologize, the portraits are better than what I was saying. I think the impression they give off just rubbed me the wrong way, possibly due to a sandy color palette with no background colors. Anyways thanks for the disagreement

Old One

Arcane

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
more screens for the early game as it shows how Marcus will join the party

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7255.0.html

So I guess dialogues sequences could be quite different for the solo mode, unless the game only cancels the *Marcus join the party* line
Vince, will the game handle the dialogues differently for the solo mode from the party based mode?There is no need in the solo mode of the lines like "Marcus go with him..."

Last edited:

duanth123

Arcane

Or locked doors in the prison mine, neither anyone thrown in prison who is able to pick a locked door outside of scripted moments, if you removed lock-picking.

It's unfortunate (but I'm assuming a reality of your budget) you would remove non-combat skills that could otherwise naturally compliment the setting and more importantly those inhabiting it (thieves, charlatans, pickpockets.)

most non-combat skills have been removed as it's not a fuill-scale RPG.

But you're kind of punting here. In RL combat, people someone need to open doors or sneak past enemy forces.

Fallout Tactics would be an example of how this is accomplished without necessarily writing up a full RPG.

character.JPG

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
more screens for the early game as it shows how Marcus will join the party

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7255.0.html

So I guess dialogues sequences could be quite different for the solo mode, unless the game only cancels the *Marcus join the party* line
Vince, will the game handle the dialogues differently for the solo mode from the party based mode?There is no need in the solo mode of the lines like "Marcus go with him..."

Yes, it does handle them differently.

Vault Dweller

Developer

Or locked doors in the prison mine, neither anyone thrown in prison who is able to pick a locked door outside of scripted moments, if you removed lock-picking.

It's unfortunate (but I'm assuming a reality of your budget) you would remove non-combat skills that could otherwise naturally compliment the setting and more importantly those inhabiting it (thieves, charlatans, pickpockets.)
Like I said, it's a combat game. It wasn't meant to be anything else because we couldn't do anything else in 10 months. If we add lockpicking, then we need to justify the investment in that skill (I don't think anyone liked the way it worked in Wasteland 2) and make it a viable choice. The more non-combat skills we have, the more complex the task gets. Before you know we have different paths through the game and it takes us 3 years to release it.

Severian Silk

Will your Teleporting Space Christians (TSC) make an appearance in this game? A crossover between games would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom