Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats - first impressions and general feedback

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Can you be more precise?
I used all this it doesn't work.

I used dodge builds, used crit builds, used 5 pts dmg poison - it doesn't work.

Most impressive result I had - only Ardomir was standing on his feets. Killed me fast with his dagger.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I'm waiting for skilled one, who will explain me what I'm doing wrong.
Crossbowman looks impossible.
Meanwhile spearman with 4 CON succesfully smashed Barca.

agris

Arcane
Patron
So, I'm waiting for skilled one, who will explain me what I'm doing wrong.
Crossbowman looks impossible.
Meanwhile spearman with 4 CON succesfully smashed Barca.
It might be impossible, ITS didn't tune the game for solo play with any possible build.

Parabalus

Arcane
Ahh, so that's official.

Even if you get past the first fights you'll likely run out of ammunition if you have to go to the deep caverns. You'd have to kill Barca immediately, which seems incredibly tough.

After an update removed a scorpion from the deep caverns, you can no longer craft even a light armor until the fight before the berserker boss, at which point it's pretty obsolete. Increasing small scrops from 2->3 chitin lbs would be nice.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Now I'm trying to duet it.
Marcus and my char.
Fight after ant queen is pretty tough fir my 30 hp 0 defence char.
Crossbowman always stand like that he always hit Marcus and my char lol.

Trash Player

Scholar
Can you be more precise?
I used all this it doesn't work.

I used dodge builds, used crit builds, used 5 pts dmg poison - it doesn't work.

Most impressive result I had - only Ardomir was standing on his feets. Killed me fast with his dagger.
Priorities: Swordman > Ardomir > Hammerman/Bowman > Axeman
Everyone except Hammerman has low Con, so even 3 pts poison works like a charm.
Starting off poisoning the backline and the Swordman will put you ahead.
I went with 2 Alchemy, 5 dodge, 4 crit, and 3 throwing, the rest in Xbow. 2 tries are all I need but I may just be lucky.
Btw, 4 Con melee is not viable due to the bomb next fight from the screenshot, as you must have found out.

Last edited:

janior

Arcane
Patron
did anyone manage to kill the emperor solo? i cant do it man, this fight was already hard enough with a party

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am really liking the game but it seems pretty... unbalanced? To start off the loot heavily favors a sword dodge build but ok I can deal with it.
Tried the default difficulty option (no bonuses for anybody)
Rolled a axe dodger build and kept finding all sorts of cool schematics for stuff useless to Marcus and I.
All the alchemy and items I got I kept using right away and felt like a scourger
Just whacked Barca and that made it even worse since his crew and equipment are again swords, ranged weapons and spears...
Kind of wish there were some "warmup" fights but things seem to scale to tougher and tougher battles one after the other
Dont know if roll a sword build,
Press on or choose a different difficulty level to learn the game a bit better

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So any tips for the construct fight before the medical bay? Since the close door trick doesnt seem to work anymore it is damn brutal and seems the only way to do it is to spend all my bombs on the melee constructs and hope that fucker doesnt two shot Marcus ffs

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
spend all my bombs
This seems to be the idea, the damage output of the ranged construct is so high you can't really fight normally. I gave as much ap as possible with potions to one character and used the bomb you get from the area with the worms earlier on the ranged construct, then finished it in one hit. You can move the melee constructs around with the bombs that leave fire on the ground and prolong the fight that way. A spear character can keep one of the melee constructs busy for a while if you have high skill and get lucky.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
spend all my bombs
This seems to be the idea, the damage output of the ranged construct is so high you can't really fight normally. I gave as much ap as possible with potions to one character and used the bomb you get from the area with the worms earlier on the ranged construct, then finished it in one hit. You can move the melee constructs around with the bombs that leave fire on the ground and prolong the fight that way. A spear character can keep one of the melee constructs busy for a while if you have high skill and get lucky.
I was afraid of that, I have 4 good bombs, the super bomb and a lot of fire so I am thinking I will try to fight the emperor first to see how it goes

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, that fight is one of the the hardest in the game and probably not worth it if you're running low on bombs and healing items. I've done it and then barely had enough to heal and use explosives to beat the the final fight(s).

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
So any tips for the construct fight before the medical bay? Since the close door trick doesnt seem to work anymore it is damn brutal and seems the only way to do it is to spend all my bombs on the melee constructs and hope that fucker doesnt two shot Marcus ffs
That depends on party composition. Equip everyone with crafted tower shields and Marcus with a 1 handed hammer and stay far away from the ranged construct until the melee ones are dead. Basically stay back at the door. Acid vials (the AoE variant), liquid fires and bombs can be used to speed up the killing if that is required. Isn't with Roxana because she just rapes them rather quickly with those throwing knife thingies. Always face the ranged construct so it doesn't get any attack bonus for attacking from the side or from behind.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Note that fire goes through their armor, so may be more effective than bombs.
I usually stand way back, let them come to me in the first turn, then hit them both with Strong fire bottles + maybe one or two bombs if the fire pushes them too far away, then pray no one dies from the ranged one while waiting for the fire to go out and closing in afterwards. Having the demon or construct to tank can help too if you can get them and don't plan on using them much.

Tigranes

Arcane
Compared to AOD you get a metric shitton of alchemical reagants and bombs and the like, so compared to AOD use them more liberally.

That said, if you need to exclusively use bombs to fight constructs you'll eventually run out, so maybe use them to get by when your level/build at the moment can't handle it

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I finally won by using the super bomb a handful of acid and fire vials and a couple of bombs... but that was simply a war of attrition and not very satisfying. What pisses me off is that I was handling the constructs pretty well before that fight and now both this fight and the fight with the emperor feel more like potion and bomb management than skill,
Planing and positioning like 90% of the game
Loved the game so far and definetly on par with Age of Decadence as a damn excelent game but those final fights leave a sour taste in my mouth because they are more or less dicatated by resource management rather than player skill
Replayed it and did it with 3 fire vials, 2 acid vials for the nailgun construct and 2 normal bombs... thanks for the tip on the shields for Marcus and Roxana, it helped a lot and afterwards My main char tanked most of the shots with the heaviest armor I could manage and it worked very well

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom