Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats - first impressions and general feedback

ColCol

Arcane
I had a break and came back and......I honestly don't know how to beat the emperor. I have 4 party members with ten dodge (they still get hit very frequently). I used nets, drugs, etc. Nothing helps. This fight is fucking brutal.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I had a break and came back and......I honestly don't know how to beat the emperor. I have 4 party members with ten dodge (they still get hit very frequently). I used nets, drugs, etc. Nothing helps. This fight is fucking brutal.
Post your save and we will see.

MrMarbles

Cipher
I dont think ironman ranged build is viable atm. You not really need to take care of wounds, but also of ammo. You will have to use ammo much more, you cant risk going melee to conserve it.

Yeah, I think I have to give up on the triple crown and stick to just psycho/solo. If anyone completes the trifecta (solo, psycho, ironman) with a thrower I solemnly swear to build them a shrine somewhere in the Scandinavian wilds and keep a fire lit there at all times:salute::salute:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes, to conserve ammo you need risk (go melee, go for power/aimed attacks etc.) If you play safe, you will run out of ammo.

Also if you want to play safe, this means invest a lot into evade/block this means less in throwing skill which means more misses (more ammo lost).

ColCol

Arcane
Post your save and we will see.

Beat it kinda....lol, all my team was fine until shitty crossbow-er got two major hits in a row taking out half my team. Plus still a good number off fights left, Lol, fuck this game.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
ColCol do you have any consumables left? net the ranged enemies, poison your weapons, and use fire to direct the melee flow.

ColCol

Arcane
Currently, I lost all but my main. So I had him complete the blue steel guards fight alone and took the portal ending. I have so many saves it would not be difficult to go back and rebuild,but for now I'm satisfied with that conclusion and will go back to the game at a later day. I'm sure I can complete the emperor fight with no losses. The main problem with the emperor fight was that I was too focused on him. Netting him and attacking his party members was the best strategic choice. This is contrast to all other fights in the game with strong opponents because in those fights taking out the strong opponent first always worked best.

Emmanuel2

Savant
I dont think ironman ranged build is viable atm. You not really need to take care of wounds, but also of ammo. You will have to use ammo much more, you cant risk going melee to conserve it.

Yeah, I think I have to give up on the triple crown and stick to just psycho/solo. If anyone completes the trifecta (solo, psycho, ironman) with a thrower I solemnly swear to build them a shrine somewhere in the Scandinavian wilds and keep a fire lit there at all times:salute::salute:

Challenge accepted. See you in 4 weeks.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I player today another time after long break. I adapted my strategy for after-patch game, where you get less SP.
All went fine untill I met guy with hammer in a fight before Democritus.
I just could not slay him in time, and crossbowmans supplied my body with wood and iron.
it's like I literally hit him twice on first turn (fast strike+berserker potion) with poisoned trident, and after that I coudn't penetrate his armor 4-5 turns - fast strikes doesn't work on him.
Killed him with aimed torso, but it was too late.
Looks like I just forgot how to deal with him because of long break...

PS Btw I have feeling that either ants were nerfed or combat formulas were changed becuse now with less defence and offence ants were easier this time, like much easier.

PPS Fix for plants doesn't work, because they still shoot themself.

sgm

Educated
Basher is wearing something like Imperial armor. You're best strategy is to hit his arms or legs with a poisoned weapon, then keep hitting him in the arms to reduce his chance to hit. With a dodge build and high craft you can equip good armor and a shield to get a bonus to your defense against ranged attacks. Stay in the spot the battle starts and don't move. The archers will mostly hit, and eventually, kill each other. Sometimes they'll hit the Basher too causing him to turn away from you and giving you a bonus to your hit chance. When two archers die, I then wait a turn to conserve AP and use the next two turns to dash to one side and finish off whatever archers are there. Basher is slow. He only has 8 AP per turn, so I can get around him and dash to the other side if necessary to kill any remaining archer.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Where i can read ingame text, in what file?

AoD had scripts folder.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Stay in the spot the battle starts and don't move.
I lnow it but it is impossible with spear.

I rushed the right flank of crossbowmen, owned them with the trident as the hammer guy got up close and personal, then ran past him to kill the other two before focusing on him. Once it's hammer time, use a mix of aimed arm and torso attacks.

Since you're rushing the ranged people, use armor with a low armor penalty, like reinforced hard leather. I had R9 dodge and avoided practically all the crossbow shots. For the xbowers you charge, you want to get an aimed arm off on them both too so they don't do much damage. Using a sharpened trident + poison, this fight was easy without using any other consumables.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I thought that me linking to my previous post would make it rather clear that just as I didn't believe you then I didn't believe DR now and my question was semi-rhetoric. You're not shilling any indie games, they're too insignificant.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I had R9 dodge and avoided practically all the crossbow shots.
With 10 you can stand there and they strt to kill each other.
I guess you could actually stand there - you just need 2 AP to step left\right, 8 P for attacks, and 2 AP to return.
But killing the crossbowmans first looks more reliable.

Cadmus

Arcane
Infinitron clearly wants to suppress any and all reviews of future ITS games because they would have negative effect on the shit Obsidian is peddling.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finished. Did both: unstoppable and negotiator endings. Guardian is a beast. Played a 10 CHA & 10 INT dude with almost zero combat skills but with high Crafting and Alchemy.

How do I get the Stranger in a Strange Land achievement?

And if anyone cares Russian translation should be there soon, the files were sent to the ITS guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom