Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats FAQ

Howdy

How's the preproduction going for CSG? Is it forming into what you originally envisaged or more? And are there any features you've seen from the last few years that you've decided to try and adapt to your game? I understand if you can't say shit right now though.

Lomer2

Educated
We don't know yet. Nick's switching to Unreal 4 now and he'll start by porting all systems to see what happens and how long it would take to make it playable again. Still, it's better to have a working code than start completely from scratch.
When do you expect to know for sure if the switch to Unreal 4 is doable?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
How's the preproduction going for CSG? Is it forming into what you originally envisaged or more? And are there any features you've seen from the last few years that you've decided to try and adapt to your game? I understand if you can't say shit right now though.
It's going well, but it's our first proper pre-production so I can't really compare it to anything. So far we aren't looking to have "more" but sorta giving shape to what we envisioned: defining the locations, quests, systems, etc. We need to have that first iteration in place before we can focus on each individual quest and location and develop them further. The main new feature is a stealth system, which means a stealthy way through the game, which is a fairly big as every key quest must be designed with stealth in mind. Stealth alone won't cut it, so it will be stealth and science most likely.

We don't know yet. Nick's switching to Unreal 4 now and he'll start by porting all systems to see what happens and how long it would take to make it playable again. Still, it's better to have a working code than start completely from scratch.
When do you expect to know for sure if the switch to Unreal 4 is doable?
Up to 6 months. If he can't make it work in 6 months, we'll have to consider other options.

Atchodas

Augur
Stealth alone won't cut it, so it will be stealth and science most likely.

I hope its science of Anatomy and [Critical Strike] is comming back :D

Atchodas

Augur
Just 3 more weeks of playing AoD .. well not that im complaining

5693241_keep_calm_and_replay_age_of_decadence.png

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Same, i hope game do not release together with Dishonored 2 and Tyranny, both come 10th of November. :(

covr

Prophet
Patron
Great, fucking trailer, guys. It made me want to play AoD again. And only 2 weeks to release... so, how many micro-issues remain?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
For me, most anticipated game in this time :) I love writing (i think VD does writing).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom