Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon - A Real-time Dungeon Crawler on IndieGoGo

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
@Abelian Thanks so much :)

We reached 21% of the ideal amount (9000e). It will still grow as a few friends or family haven't pledge yet and will do a bit. But the main help will probably the trailer we are working on...It will features new types of environments and IF some mainstream promote it, we may have much more success. We plan to release it next week and spread it everywhere.

On a side note, we reached 90% of the top100 on steam greenlight. Without maintream help, i think it's not bad!!!...so i hope we'll be greenlighted before the end of the campaign ^^
As a reminder, while some project with lot exposure are greenlighted after a few weeks, some projects can stay one year or more in the validation process. We started it on Auguth 6th, so i guess we are on a very good way :)

And again, thanks so much for the support, the RPG community is really fantastic!
Regards!

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Again I wonder what the difference in backing would be if it was on KS instead. I would probably have backed it there, but for a bunch of (probably stupid) reasons, won't start backing on IndieGogo as well. So I hope to see it on KS as well :)

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Again I wonder what the difference in backing would be if it was on KS instead. I would probably have backed it there, but for a bunch of (probably stupid) reasons, won't start backing on IndieGogo as well. So I hope to see it on KS as well :)

Well, we are living in france, and we can't create a KS (or at least not so easily, we would you have to create a dummy company in another country or find someone to create it for us...).
Secondly, the flexible side is interesting for us as the project is quite advanced, and even if we don't reach the 9000euros target, we can improve the game according the amount we'll receive.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Well, we are living in france, and we can't create a KS (or at least not so easily, we would you have to create a dummy company in another country or find someone to create it for us...).
Secondly, the flexible side is interesting for us as the project is quite advanced, and even if we don't reach the 9000euros target, we can improve the game according the amount we'll receive.

Ah, I didn't realize you could not make projects there. Since Denmark just joined, I had assumed they had gotten to the bigger countries here first. Good luck anyways :)

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer

Ah, I didn't realize you could not make projects there. Since Denmark just joined, I had assumed they had gotten to the bigger countries here first. Good luck anyways :)
yeah we can't...probably too much taxes here, so KS is affraid about it :hahano:

Come on guys, if you like Dungeon Crawlers genre, made by a team of crazy guys, who are crazy enough to spend 7 days a week working on the game by love for their product, countless hours to make an ultimate Dungeon Crawler IP, an adventure which is not just another crawler game, but something awesome on the tension, ambiance, atmosphere and plenty of planned features if we are successful with the crowdfunding campaign at http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom

Im some are affraid of us, you can check my linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=11151983 or the 3d Artist portfolio http://julienno.free.fr/3D.html

Thanks for the current supporters, and thanks in advance for the future ones ;)

Last edited:

fanta

Arcane
Your artwork is great, especially the portraits. Does the basic pledge for a digital copy include the Android version of the game?

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Your artwork is great, especially the portraits. Does the basic pledge for a digital copy include the Android version of the game?

Yes, someone else also requested it to me, for that amount i will include the game for this platform if you wish it too.

fanta

Arcane
Great, I took it. The RT blobber is not really my genre but I think you guys should be supported. Good luck with the campaign!

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Great, I took it. The RT blobber is not really my genre but I think you guys should be supported. Good luck with the campaign!

Thanks so much :)
Apart from the pledge, i really think the RPG community is great. There are many fans of turn based rpg, and this is something i'll have to think about in the future, once Dungeon Kingdom is finished.
Again, thanks for your contribution :)

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Hello all,
After some discussions with indiegogo staff, we were authorized to extended the crowdfunding campaign duration. We have two more weeks, and we are working hard to prepare a new trailer with the new environments and spread it !

Keep spreading the word ( http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom ) , thanks so much for your help !
On a site note, we reached 92% of the way to top100 on steam greenlight.

Last edited:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really don't get why no one pledges for this. You are obviously super motivated and it shows, also didn't everyone love Grimrock? So why not pledge for this?! I can only guess it's because of flexible funding because for a real time blobber it DOES look good.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
I really don't get why no one pledges for this. You are obviously super motivated and it shows, also didn't everyone love Grimrock? So why not pledge for this?! I can only guess it's because of flexible funding because for a real time blobber it DOES look good.

We need mainstream help, but difficult to get some...So without, it's very hard to get the exposure required to get attention to all dungeon crawler addicts :-/
We hope that the trailer will help...And the demo too...

mastroego

Arcane
Maybe it's me, but it's the second time the link you post can only direct me to the indiegogo homepage.

Well, try your best contacting webzines and such, with correct links :P, the new trailer and the amazing pics.
Chances are some editor with a shred of soul left will pick it up even without being so ordered by the corporate overlords.
Best of luck!

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Maybe it's me, but it's the second time the link you post can only direct me to the indiegogo homepage.
Well, try your best contacting webzines and such, with correct links :P, the new trailer and the amazing pics.
Chances are some editor with a shred of soul left will pick it up even without being so ordered by the corporate overlords.
Best of luck!

I keep writing / contacting sites everyday. But the thing is, nowadays most of important site are over solicited. Anyway i keep doing it.
About publisher, 3 of them wrote to us, but they usually want get some % on the sales, not invest. Publishers do not take so much risks nowadays :/

sorry for the wrong link, there was a bad character:
http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom

I may release a demo before the end of the campaign, not sure yet. For now i am focusing on the Video :)
thanks.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Any news on that trailer?

Hello mastroego,
Well as we could get two more weeks, we added a few things to our plans for the trailer. We are still working on it, but it's huge task of course, as we didn't plan initially to make one for the campaign (which was a mistake), so we need to prepare some "rough" assets to be ready to be integrated in some levels, record video, record voice, create the music etc. etc.
We'll release it very soon, just a matter of days, but we don't want to fail on making an attractive one, so we have to polish it as much as possible.

Don't worry, we'll post everywhere when it's ready :)

Btw, we reached 97% of the way to top 100 on steam !

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
thanks, i am glad you like it ^^
Now, cross fingers and hope it will boost the campaign :)

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Hello.
6 days to go before the end of our campaign. I am spreading this information, that may be worth to mention:
Some people asked us if it's still important to contribute on indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, even though we may not reach the goal of 9000 euros: the answer is simple: YES! Our campaign is flexible, and we'll get the funds even if we don't reach this goal of 9000 euros. So each new contribution will help the project greatly!!!
So feel free to pledge, even at the last remaining minute!
http://igg.me/at/dungeonkingdom

Thanks for your help all!

TrailerPreview1024.jpg

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Some people asked us if it's still important to contribute on indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, even though we may not reach the goal of 9000 euros: the answer is simple: YES! Our campaign is flexible, and we'll get the funds even if we don't reach this goal of 9000 euros. So each new contribution will help the project greatly!!!

For me, as with all flexible funding, this just makes me wonder why the goal wasn't lower in the first place. It makes me a bit leery, even though you obviously have a passion to pull through that is lacking in many successful campaigns that didn't have flexible funding.

With so few days remaining, you might pull some extra contributions by being candid on the main page about the reasons behind your decision to use flexible funding. Not to mention also being personally curious about the decision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom