Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon, a realtime dungeon crawler - now available on Early Access

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
http://www.dungeon-kingdom.com

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce you my RPG game i am working on "Dungeons Kingdom:
DK_037.jpg

Basically it's an old-school RPG game walking in the tracks of games like Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder, Ishar...
However the gameplay have been improved with great features:

- Realistic physics, opening up new posibilities of puzzles and realistic animations.
- Multiple environments !
- Advanced rendering, full dynamic lighting and shadows, including on Mobiles devices.
- Smart AI & navigation: some of the creatures may find a way to attack in your back !!!
- Cross platform saved game sharing: start on pc, continue on mobile !
- Modern features (achievements, social...).
- Difficulty levels to fit best to any player experience (unlocking proper achievements).
- Strong story design, opening for sequel creation.
- The game is made of continuous levels, there's no fading or loading between levels, except for major environment changes.
- New kind of interactions: for example, you can set fire to the environment !

Of course it includes traditional features such as character and team creation, magic, real time combats....

The game game will be released on Pc, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS devices !

DK_034.jpg

We have started a Steam Greenlight campaign, feel free to vote for us :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296809307
Feel free to ask more informations :)

Regards
kanda

Ps: the game's official website is http://www.DungeonsKingdom.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's an awful lot of work you've done just to make a game that looks exactly like Legend of Grimrock.

Cool portraits, though.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
That's an awful lot of work you've done just to make a game that looks exactly like Legend of Grimrock.

Cool portraits, though.

Thanks for your replying.
In fact, Grimrock (which is great game) does not have that kind of UI system. And environments are much different ... Also, the gameplay is completely different too, as in Dungeons Kingdom is closer to Dungeon Master. Finally, the only thing close to Grimrock is the "Tile" constraint inherited "Dungeon Master" and All which has inspired both DK and Grimrock, as is part of the DNA of this type of game.
If you see two screenshots of car game, with a car displayed, shall we say it's the same game ? Of course not :)

I invite you to watch videos of the game, on some of it, you'll see the UI has different system, especially it works seamlessly on big screen and small ones, so the game can run straight on both type of platform mobiles and PC.

Regards

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Dynamic Lighting and realistic physics (watch the video to see it in action) :
DK_042.jpg

Burn the curtains:
DK_039_Burn.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

Is that a portrait and interaction DLC for Legends of Grimrock?
:troll:

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Is that a portrait and interaction DLC for Legends of Grimrock?
:troll:
Actually , as far as i now, you can't create a grimrock DLC with all the features of Dungeons Kingdom: we have phys'x based physics, continuous levels, shared saved game, the game run quite well even on mobile:
watch this video:

Regards

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
consider tb combat and i'll consider buying. no interest in another rt tango blobber after grimrock.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

Props for at least admitting that you're advertising your own game, unlike 99% of the other people who pretend they 'stumbled upon' the game randomly and then decided to sign up just so they could share it with us.

Villagkouras

Arcane
Hey man, great job on the game, looks promising.

I don't mind strong influences from other games, as long as your product is solid.

Any thoughts on release date?

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Props for at least admitting that you're advertising your own game, unlike 99% of the other people who pretend they 'stumbled upon' the game randomly and then decided to sign up just so they could share it with us.

Actually you are right. I am making a RPG, as i am fan of RPG, and as a player i am mainly playing RPG. So my target audience is naturally RPG players, and i thought it was the best place to share with the RPG community, and get feedbacks, especially players may have some expectations or wishes i could add to the game, as it's currently in development. I am not selling anything yet, just want to share and discuss features and more. I only expect players which are fan of RPG to share their opinions on it, and not only "destroying for free" a project i am working very hard on, by passion.

is that wrong ? And instead of debating about the fact i am introducing my game or that it's the same type of grimrock (itself being same type of Dungeon Master) , shouldn't we discuss the game content and the game system orientations ?

Regards

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Hey man, great job on the game, looks promising.
I don't mind strong influences from other games, as long as your product is solid.
Any thoughts on release date?

It mainly depends on the 3d artist to finish some of the artworks, probably december. We are making different environments, and as we are a very small team , it takes time. And anyway, i prefer polish the game as much as possible before releasing it, even it means delaying it a bit. But right now, i am expecting december.

m_s0

Arcane
'Dungeons Kingdom' sounds like two random words that don't belong together. It's also very bland, doesn't grab you in any way. I almost skipped this thread on that basis alone. You might want to look into changing it. 'Dungeon Master' has a nice to ring to it, same for 'Eye of the Beholder', or even 'Legend of Grimrock'. 'Dungeons Kingdom' is a tad too derivative and sounds like English isn't your native language. Ask people for ideas if you can't come up with anything.

Basically it's an old-school RPG game

Why must every game be infested with that shit these days?
:negative:

I hope you can turn all of that off. I don't want in-game achievement pop-ups and I don't give a crap about tweeting that I've just picked up a rock or posting to facebook how my new torch is really awesome. As to the game itself I'd definitely prefer TB combat, but I'm not allergic to the combat mambo.

This looks pretty good overall.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
'Dungeons Kingdom' sounds like two random words that don't belong together. It's also very bland, doesn't grab you in any way. I almost skipped this thread on that basis alone. You might want to look into changing it. 'Dungeon Master' has a nice to ring to it, same for 'Eye of the Beholder', or even 'Legend of Grimrock'. 'Dungeons Kingdom' is a tad too derivative and sounds like English isn't your native language. Ask people for ideas if you can't come up with anything.

I hope you can turn all of that off. I don't want in-game achievement pop-ups and I don't give a crap about tweeting that I've just picked up a rock or posting to facebook how my new torch is really awesome. As to the game itself I'd definitely prefer TB combat, but I'm not allergic to the combat mambo.

Well to be honest, i am sharing this opinion with you. So these features are not invasive in Dungeons Kingdom. First, the achievements system do not fire a popup like in many "social games". You can track some stuffs you unlock when you wish to, only if you want it. Some players like it, and some achievements can provide a replay value. About social sharing, it's only for mobile, and only major release. Again not invasive.
Regards

kain30

Cipher

all of this + i only like my dungeon crawlers turn based

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
all of this + i only like my dungeon crawlers turn based

No worries, see the reply above, the achievements system is not invasive, and you can simply ignore it and not being disturbed by it. :hahano:

About turn based, i got a few times this request. But some also said they prefer the real time nature of the game. My answer is simple, the DNA of Dungeons Kingdom is closer to Dungeon Master (and it's real time nature) than a Might and Magic game. I think it would be a different game if it was turn based. I like the turn based too, but this is not what i wish for Dungeons Kingdom. Perhaps for another rpg game in the future, but not this one ;)

Weasel
"Dungeons Kingdom"... really? I'm not usually too bothered by names but this manages to be both ultra-generic and weird at the same time. Which is quite an achievement.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
"Dungeons Kingdom"... really? I'm not usually too bothered by names but this manages to be both ultra-generic and weird at the same time. Which is quite an achievement.

Well, i don't have the marketing power to create a new name without any meaning by itself. I hope the name to be a kind of minimal self description. However, this is only a serie name, we are finishing the last elemnts of the story and the chapter title will probably retain most attention.

And at least, if the game serie name is quite generic, the content will be a more important criteria than it's title ;)

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Dungeons Kingdom doesn't make any sense.

Consider Kingdom of Dungeons or Dungeon Kingdom. Or changing it entirely.

I think the game looks nice, by the way. Will the game have multi-level puzzles (i.e. you must go back and forth between locations to solve it)?

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Dungeons Kingdom doesn't make any sense.

Consider Kingdom of Dungeons or Dungeon Kingdom. Or changing it entirely.

I think the game looks nice, by the way. Will the game have multi-level puzzles (i.e. you must go back and forth between locations to solve it)?

- Dungeon Kingdom should be fine for the name indeed.

- If you want some reference for the level design, check the levels of Chaos Strikes Back, this is for me one of the best (with Eye of Beholder). It should give a better idea of it's structure.

Regards

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
C'mon guys, don't be faggots. You can see he's passionate about it.

However, I'm also of the opinion that this doesn't look (or plays, from what the videos show) differently enough from Grimrock.
And with the sequel coming and also having stuff like different height levels on the same map, like in your video...

Man, I don't know what to say. It doesn't seem very exciting. :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom