Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Keeper 2 patch v1.7?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Okay, I've googled for this bitch and all I get are 404's. I bought DK2 the other day for $10. You know, one of those "Here's a game for $10" things. Anyway, take it home, install it and run it. It pops up saying "Please insert the Key CD and click OK". This is when the only CD that the game comes with, is sitting in the drive.

So I google, find out that it's a copyprotect thing fucking up again and that the 1.7 patch potentially fixes it. By the way, there's a 1.6 patch on the disc and this game, which was released cheap last year (2003 possibly 2002) doesn't have a patch that was apparently released in 2000 (two years earlier) on it. Go figure.

Anyway, not even the O-ficcial EA site seems to have this patch anymore. It's a 30 MB patch (which is scary as it means there's a shitload wrong with the game if they need another 30 mb of data to throw at it) and I can't damn well find it.

HELP!

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Oh yay! Thank you LlamaGod. May your Llama's needlessly spit in your eye.

*2 hours of downloading to go*

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I especially loved playing it past midnight and having the narrator slowly get more and more adamant about me going to bed. Hilarious stuff. And, yes, it is a delicious game.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Heh. Guess what? Patch didn't work. So I did a search for Unsafedisc, downloaded that, ran it, got a new .exe and wallah, no problems with the CD. I love the internet. I hate copy protection. It's that good to have that DK feeling again.

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
Hehe. Yeah, I remember it too. Wasnt that on the old pre-Lionhead Molynex days, though he did not work on it correct?

I enjoyed the first a bit more, it should be said, but the first was one of my earlier games. Fun stuff, slapping a 400 pound demon while you are about 12 years old....
(fixed for punctuation and selling nais.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom