Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drulan - Indie MMORPG

Sawcisson

Literate
Hello RPG Codex folks ,

I'm here today to present you the game we are working , i hope you will like it and i will be here to answer all your questions
And i hope i'm not breaking any rules by posting it here :)

h4LvHI8r7P_y1EYlwe1HfBOgZcypC0lbyXRHd1VFVnoGtyeFbQNVKAaQ-rsRElc2_lJuo-TajxdBriSOaU54I-9NLSt3WH3D-surFMOX0i9hQ6xUB_raOtFViV2bxzqDuZRokDhh

Welcome to Drulan, world of possibilities. This game is a player driven sandbox mmorpg inspired by Ultima online. We are here to make inspiring game environment for players to enjoy deep rich MMO experience with colorful game universe.

JOGcTbcahO7aBWNFLkohy3-Oqirmmmt42pkL9HpEctQVZpZtxrkmkMqQSZMCPB-xppvAo52uSJPGY4QDVqo1x1oHx8duPflQx3nDIKPQf8BB3uz0glxqEjpkk9te7X2NwNBh_G36

Game Backstory

After explorers just recently found this unknown land, people from the old continent started to colonize its shores. Drulan is a distant vast land mass full of wonders, riches and mystery. As a player you have travelled overseas to make it as your own new home. You discover, hunt, gather, form guilds, rule the land and be in the middle of the action.

Game Features

►Classless progression

No rigid class system. Equipment determines your role and players are encouraged to experiment. In the game's own words, "You are what you wear".

►Player driven economy

Gather resources and craft items. ALL items and buildings are crafted by players. Players can even create their own farms!

►Full loot MMORPG

Death is kind of a big deal in Drulan and it means players can have all their items looted upon death.

►Player built cities

Build your very own house and decorate it however you like. Players can also create their own cities and villages as well as battle other guilds over in-game territory.

►PLAYER DRIVEN WORLD

Each player will influence the world by his actions and decisions but not only by the game mechanics , everyone will be able to create a pool on the forum of new features or event to happend ingame and if it get enough vote point it will be on the queue for future updates from the dev team. Also some ingame events will call for actions from the players and based on the choice they do the world and storyline will change.

If you are looking for a game in which your actions have direct impact to the world, this is the game for you.

Build a legacy for yourself though fame and fortune, and see the world evolvement of the world.

9-g3-dJD20zqOONl3DHBsk3RBP0zywrl3ck-W1rT5diJT4sEi55RfLFNpWzzx6qAWWgf3D54k4H9q2KxtRjujbHM8kp5paKJZO2S0jX19t_p_zcZVShheeSTd1B6H8RJD2yDnmdX

And here is where you come in

At the moment we are preparing the first demo island to be explored. We have intention to make a closed demo where you can come and see the world yourself. As the world will be player driven, having individuals to test it is a huge priority to us as developers.

You can have a full presentation of all the features right on our website here : http://drulanonline.com/index.php/2016-05-31-22-10-40

Since i didn't wanted to copy past pages and pages of texts on the forum directly

You can also follow the progress of the game on twitter,facebook and our website

xhqeLGYqtEIykcIYi_b_Z8uv24e-nJBVSrKVhp9sY1q1RMzGu4aYwBvHudPZBSEKRue1W4j-IIYFdnDFG3obV-mK7Wr4S4xJPwLJnYWCHXqvQe11tpBIXnJIS2ZiVUqrw37-e4UI

You're Excited?

You can find all the latest news and features on our website

Website - http://drulanonline.com

Do follow us in Facebook and Twitter where we release regular weekly updates!

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/octogamesstudio/

Twitter - https://twitter.com/OctoGamesStudio

In youtube we share various videos along the way. Subscribe us there!

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMFgeVbKpsZOSY6wy3v3Iw

2yjyZjJNmsIBx03tNdVuGS8BWwnr4MSvUREDA83aX4qFSTURrj_dQ84J91LWifP0w_2MuW38_hZ3sNMAMD7aNRPkk31zryHK3QlGzQVTGRToV75VQcjsqYAB2jctLU41VwDk6pdJ

What I can do to help?

Sharing the word about the game is highly appreciated! Tell to your friends, share in social media and let the world know! You shall be part of the first colonization of Drulan!

Sawcisson

Literate
TL;Dr you mean it's too long to read for you ?

By the way i failed my main post youtube link and can't find a way to edit it

so here you go

Sawcisson

Literate
Hi Duanth123 , yes i saw that i failed with the trailer video but unfortunately since i'm new here each of my publication/edit need to be approved by a moderator.
Thanks for pointing out those grammatical mistake i think , we will look on it and try to make it better, you seem to not like european peolpe who are trying to learn your language and speak as well as they can i see .

Mustawd

you seem to not like european peolpe who are trying to learn your language and speak as well as they can i see

You seem to be a thin-skinned dev ill suited to promoting your studio's MMO.

duanth123 was trying to give you honest feedback that your "announcement" lacks coherency, professionalism, and polish. Coincidentally, these are all things you'd expect from a studio which has its act together. Yours clearly does not.

But way to take that in stride! :hero:

Oh wait....

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I like the little poem you have on your website:

Our website is now officially live and
available for all our supporters , you can
now signup , participate on the forum ,
checkout screenshots and videos , and
for sure get all the latest updates and
news of the game

Edit: Jesus, the website is a mess.

Sawcisson

Literate
You seem to be a thin-skinned dev ill suited to promoting your studio's MMO.

duanth123 was trying to give you honest feedback that your "announcement" lacks coherency, professionalism, and polish. Coincidentally, these are all things you'd expect from a studio which has its act together. Yours clearly does not.

But way to take that in stride! :hero:

Oh wait....

I just found that rude to attack people based on their origines and language level but thanks for your feedbacks , we will try as much as possible to change those mistakes we could have made , and if you have any other feedbacks or idea for us too improve this project and/or our website/presentation we will be really gratefull

I like the little poem you have on your website:

I love your way of presenting it as a poem it make me realise how this could look stupid/foolish

And about the fact that the website is a mess , could you please give us more informations on that we are really looking to make our website the best way possible and suited to pleas our community.

Don't take me wrong , we are not selfish non open team. We listent to comments and feedbacks and try to improve our work and our approach.

I think my comment out there in answer to Duanth123 was a bit rude and unprofessionnal unfortunately it was late here and i didn't had a lot of sleep time last days working hard on the project , and since all my post here need an approval from moderator i can't edit it or improve in time.

And for sure continue critisizing our work as long as it is constructive and help us improve it :)

Best regards

Sawcisson

Literate
By the way i can't find a way to edit my post/message , how can i do so ?

Zdzisiu

Arcane

The theme of the website is, "how can I into formatting?"

http://drulanonline.com/index.php/faq

WILL SAMUTALE BE PAY-TO-WIN?

No, the game will maybe be pay to play or free to play with cosmetic effect

Samutale? I thought this game was called Drulan? WTF, lol.

Also, can't wait to play in this open and empty, literal, sandbox game:

screen10.jpg

Samutale is the game they stole the FAQ from.

Lets compare the FAQs:

Samutale FAQ:

• WHAT IS THE RELEASE DATE OF SAMUTALE?
    The first alpha version will come out Q3 of 2016.
  • HOW CAN I REGISTER FOR ALPHA?
    You can register for alpha by clicking here.
  • WILL SAMUTALE BE PAY-TO-WIN?
    No, the micro-transactions will only be used for cosmetic items/upgrades.
  • HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING ON SAMUTALE?
    We started development back in 2013, but we had several breaks in between.
  • WHAT IS THE SIZE OF YOUR TEAM?
    We have one person working full-time and several freelancers/volunteers.
  • CAN I JOIN YOUR TEAM?
    You could e-mail us so we can have a talk.
  • WHAT PLATFORMS WILL SAMUTALE SUPPORT?
    Our focus lies on PC/Mac, but we are also planning to have a web based version.
Drulan FAQ:

WHAT IS THE RELEASE DATE OF DRULAN?

The first closed alpha version will come out in the end of 2016.

WILL DRULAN BE PAY-TO-WIN?

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING ON DRULAN?

We started development back in 2014, but we had several breaks in between.

WHAT IS THE SIZE OF YOUR TEAM?

We have three person working full-time and several freelancers/volunteers.

CAN I JOIN YOUR TEAM?

WHAT PLATFORMS WILL DRULAN SUPPORT?

Our focus lies on Windows/Linux/Mac, but we are also planning to have a web based version.

Some of the answers are direct copies, other have the name Samutale changed to Drulan.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Some more interesting facts:

The dudes seem to be from Switzerland, not from anywhere in Eastern Europe.

Also, they complained about us on twitter already:

Notice the mistake in the supposed quote, it isnt present in the post by duanth123 in this thread.

Mustawd

LOL. This is better than Black Geyser. Someone should use the codex Twitter account and misquote these guys.

Sawcisson

Literate
Can we playtest this for free or do we have to pay?

For sure you will have the chance to playtest it for free

[/QUOTE]

Samutale is the game they stole the FAQ from.

Lets compare the FAQs:

Samutale FAQ:

• WHAT IS THE RELEASE DATE OF SAMUTALE?
    The first alpha version will come out Q3 of 2016.
  • HOW CAN I REGISTER FOR ALPHA?
    You can register for alpha by clicking here.
  • WILL SAMUTALE BE PAY-TO-WIN?
    No, the micro-transactions will only be used for cosmetic items/upgrades.
  • HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING ON SAMUTALE?
    We started development back in 2013, but we had several breaks in between.
  • WHAT IS THE SIZE OF YOUR TEAM?
    We have one person working full-time and several freelancers/volunteers.
  • CAN I JOIN YOUR TEAM?
  • WHAT PLATFORMS WILL SAMUTALE SUPPORT?
    Our focus lies on PC/Mac, but we are also planning to have a web based version.
Drulan FAQ:

WHAT IS THE RELEASE DATE OF DRULAN?

The first closed alpha version will come out in the end of 2016.

WILL DRULAN BE PAY-TO-WIN?

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING ON DRULAN?

We started development back in 2014, but we had several breaks in between.

WHAT IS THE SIZE OF YOUR TEAM?

We have three person working full-time and several freelancers/volunteers.

CAN I JOIN YOUR TEAM?

WHAT PLATFORMS WILL DRULAN SUPPORT?

Our focus lies on Windows/Linux/Mac, but we are also planning to have a web based version.

Some of the answers are direct copies, other have the name Samutale changed to Drulan.

I can't say anything more over it , this is it and we can't denie it but it's a harmless act

Your community seems to exist only to spoil what is presented there, as I have seen with other games present here.
If you have anything constructive to add i will read it with pleasure otherwise no need to continue on a trolling way

Angthoron

Arcane
Can we playtest this for free or do we have to pay?

For sure you will have the chance to playtest it for free

Cool!

Your community seems to exist only to spoil what is presented there, as I have seen with other games present here.
If you have anything constructive to add i will read it with pleasure otherwise no need to continue on a trolling way

Dude, honestly, what did you expect when you made a thread here?

Also, instead of taking it the way you are, you should be happy you're getting professional (although also asshole-mode) criticism for free. Right off the bat. If we noticed it, others will, but while we just point and laugh and make memes, in the case of others it might impact your actual finances, public image, etc.

Just sayin'. We tear your stuff to shreds for free, so you can fix it and make a shiny sparkly product. Enjoy that, there's enough people that will kiss your ass for a free game or a little chance for spare change, or have a character named after themselves as it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom