Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"DRPG" Stranger of Sword City

Hyperion

Arcane
third grade report

8th Grade at least. The man does his homework and he does contribute plenty if you're into the type of shit he is. He may be an old man yelling at a cloud, but you can bet your fucking ass that punk cloud knows which Wizardry games kick ass and why, and which ones to avoid at all costs.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
I find aweigh 's epic sperglording about dungeon crawling far more entertaining than say... Roqua 's wife getting it pounded by a black dude, while he puts his dick in the mouth of something that could easily bite it off. Or the various generic hipster ramblings about how great and epic and awesome choices and consequences based RPGs are, while logging over 1,337 hours in Skyrim and avoiding such real RPGs, and then endlessly derping about that same meme because it's all they have on me. Or surprisingly detailed fantasy fetishes about trannies, and black people, and black trannies.

His hotkeyed rants are at least about video games after all.

Viata

Arcane
I find Modron 's idea of aweigh creating a thread good. That way, he can just as well redirect people to his thread to read his opinion of codex or any blobber that is not related to the thread. Better than spamming the same shit over and over again.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I find aweigh 's epic sperglording about dungeon crawling far more entertaining than say... Roqua 's wife getting it pounded by a black dude, while he puts his dick in the mouth of something that could easily bite it off. Or the various generic hipster ramblings about how great and epic and awesome choices and consequences based RPGs are, while logging over 1,337 hours in Skyrim and avoiding such real RPGs, and then endlessly derping about that same meme because it's all they have on me. Or surprisingly detailed fantasy fetishes about trannies, and black people, and black trannies.

Every time I have sex with my wife she is pounded by a black guy you fucking retard. And what kind of mouth that my dick could fit in wouldn't be able to bite it off? A toothless lady's mouth? Exactly how old are you? I hope you are like 12 to 15 because if you are older than that you really are retarded.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma

Every time I have sex with my wife she is pounded by a black guy you fucking retard. And what kind of mouth that my dick could fit in wouldn't be able to bite it off? A toothless lady's mouth? Exactly how old are you? I hope you are like 12 to 15 because if you are older than that you really are retarded.

You are short and fat, and not black. Just not white.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space

You are short and fat, and not black. Just not white.

:edgy:

Celerity

See what i mean? Roqua posts are just the same old I fuck fictional animals while my wife fucks a real man shit. aweigh 's are actually interesting takes on game design.

Suicidal

Arcane
Can we stop shitting up this thread about a good video game with these inane arguments and poop flinging? I mean, there's plenty of Fallout 4 and Dragon Age threads that can be used in place of a landfill.

Efe

Erudite
i'm not really into celerity's kind of games but this looked nice. is this game worth getting at 10$?

Courtier

Prophet
Yeah, it's good. I paid full price for the Vita version and thought it was worth it. Does it matter who else plays it?

Efe

Erudite
its on steam sale for 35,40 TL which is 10$ +-10 cents. huzzah for regional pricing. i wonder if i can sell "gamer vacations" where they do their yearly steam purchases while enjoying a summer break
reading Dragnix review now that you mentioned it:
he says this "Players who follow a strict strategy guide/path"
which exactly why i didnt like xulima. you had to do fights in a certain order, thought that game might as well skip the fucking walking part and give me battles in succession with a shop/rest screen in between.
hirato paints a better picture of this.. i guess this will be what i play in february :) thanks guys

Emmanuel2

Savant
reading Dragnix review now that you mentioned it:
he says this "Players who follow a strict strategy guide/path"
which exactly why i didnt like xulima. you had to do fights in a certain order, thought that game might as well skip the fucking walking part and give me battles in succession with a shop/rest screen in between.

If you are even slightly competent at a wizardry game or any RPG game really, you won't need a strict strategy guide. I consider myself a less than competent wizardry player and I still managed to beat the game in 45 hours including the postgame + 6 knights and without using Light or Dark Wall divinities because I'm a noob that doesn't read.

A bit off-topic but I'm playing Xulima right now and that game is hard especially when my current first playthrough is on Hardcore Ironman. Pitching in as well, Xulima so far didn't require me to do fights in a specific order as much as RPGs with levelled zones do, most JRPGs I've played can be summed up to that "battles in succession with a shop/rest screen in between". The only difference is that there is actual resource management and promotes finding what path is the best which is probably why people get that ordered fights bullcrap.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just watched some of Dragnix's review, it looks like he's just butthurt for dying twice in the opening sequence. :lol:
And in all the footage where he gets wiped, I notice he isn't using the Hit and Avoid buffs at all! :lol:

EDIT:
[...] This should be obvious from the 171 hours that I've played.
[...] In terms of the actual hours it took to beat the game, in terms of the save, it was 60 hours.

Holy shit. How bad do you have to be to lose over 110 hours of progress :lol:

Last edited:

Celerity

Here's why people cry about Xilima fights being in a set order:

They ran in, picked a fight with the first guards that threaten you and their level 1 characters with no armor were rekt.
They got past that, then went out the most obvious exit without looking around, charged the giant Ogre that cons as "Impossible" and got rekt.
Instead they turn right and charge the giant "Impossible" shrooms and are rekt.

They then ragequit and call the game linear instead of looking around even a little and either going for the only area they have a quest for or failing that, an area not blocked by impossible enemies.

The further you go the less linear it gets, but they're salty casuals so they never did that. As much as Dark Souls is overmemed out, Xulima does have about as many sequence breaks at that game. Main problem with that game is after about level 20 every encounter is a formality and before that it's still not very hard. Not on vanilla anyways, Deepest Dark's another story of course. Still very doable though, I no death 100%ed it and almost did it again.

Efe

Erudite
i didnt play any wizardry yet so i cannot compare.
as for xulima i tried rolling different parties and you do the fights in complete same sequence down to the semi-random zone encounters in at least first two maps.
yes i tried fighting the ogre while searching for path forward and anyone would since you just "save and give it a try" but no i didnt ragequit there.

i like how you have your own preferences and stick to those (all the while aggroing roomfull of people) celerity but not everyone who drops a game is ragequitting. xulima just didnt ring with me.

Emmanuel2

Savant
The further you go the less linear it gets, but they're salty casuals so they never did that. As much as Dark Souls is overmemed out, Xulima does have about as many sequence breaks at that game. Main problem with that game is after about level 20 every encounter is a formality and before that it's still not very hard. Not on vanilla anyways, Deepest Dark's another story of course. Still very doable though, I no death 100%ed it and almost did it again.

Basically this, by snowtown you'd have a good amount of freedom to do fuck all next. Especially with Dark Souls because even when I did the SL1 challenge, I still had a TON of options to go out of the main way and do other shit.

jungl

Augur
Still remember my "attempt" playing Busin 0 years back. I was desperate to play it after enjoying forsaken land. Wishful thinking I thought I could look at the japenese moon runes and use logical deduction to figure out what the scribbles mean. It didn't work. LOL

Shame it never got fan translated when a lot of other various shitty jap games have. I know the game has a lot of text but it still goes to show how unpopular blobbers are to gamers.

Celerity

I just enjoy blithely mocking hordes of casuals for not gitting gud.

Anyways, any of you looking for a challenge, Xulima is on sale and Deepest Dark is free.

hackncrazy

Savant
I've seen you guys talking about Xulima, so let me ask this: How is the game divided in terms of story/gameplay? Do I have to care about the story to enjoy it or is the game good enough to keep me going?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom