Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"DRPG" Stranger of Sword City

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
How the fuck I reach the exit from the door is what I was after. The maps were made unreadable because of the anti magic zone but that should work.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Celerity

Don't give up! I can't make out shit from your screen-grab but is what you're asking how you reach the exit after exploring all of the floors? The final-final exit?

I can't make out shit from that picture.

All I will say is: In order to reach the "final" two sections of the tomb which are visible on your map but you can see no way of accessing them is...

- There is a reason why the Tomb is designed vertically.
- Think back to the earlier dungeon of the Wind Caverns and remember how a lot of the floors were only accessible by taking advantage of the vertical design?

I hope that helps. I assume you're not still on the 1st puzzle which is the 1-way hallway anti-magic zone. If you are don't give up! I was stuck on that for a LONG WHILE.

If I remember CORRECTLY one of the signs lies, but another one of the signs DOES NOT.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Oh! And one neat little "trick":

- You can warp INTO a non-magic zone tile. This helps tremendously for bypassing that 1st puzzle in the Tomb.
- You can warp INTO a non-warp zone! Yep! Obviously you can't warp OUT of it, but there you go.

:)

Celerity

You're not understanding at all.

Do you see that image posted by Shackleton ?

Within 10 seconds of seeing that I worked out the exact path required. 10 seconds. A legible map from any source would have done, including my own less complete map.

Now consider I was running around all over that fucking zone for 6 hours before asking. 6 goddamn fucking hours.

And do you know what the difference was? The only difference, the sole difference?

Those goddamn fucking PURPLE BUBBLES making the map entirely unreadable so I had no idea where the walls were, and no idea one way doors were even there.

There's a reason I've had comparatively little difficulty with every other navigation puzzle so far. Sure I might go the wrong way, warp around the map, go through some one way doors etc but then I can CHECK THE BLOODY MAP, realize what happened, and not repeat my mistake.

Make the fucking map unreadable though and all I see is a giant fucking purple blob.

This is not brilliant design by any definition, it's straight UI retardation. Just consider that by replacing the anti magic graphic with something else every single bit of the challenge goes away. All of it.

If this is what you consider brilliant design, truly I will bury you in this fictional tomb myself. :troll:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
the in-game map textures in Gothic definitely have very hard to see walls and the like. There's even a map-mod texture replacement with the walls and other symbols made clearer.

never bothered me tho.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
I personally preferred the original map than what ghostlight did with it.

Suicidal

Arcane
Any tips for the ice dungeon? Skills don't work there and in this game skills are the most important things you can do in combat, usually much stronger than spells. It even shuts down all your passives, including the ability to see monsters' HP, dancer's unlimited weapon range and etc. so your party is really crippled in every way. It's much more severe than the water dungeon because even though you can't use spells you can still have the priest use holy shield and mage can use enchant weapon, which are considered skills and not spells for reasons I cannot comprehend. Do I need to bring 3 mages or something?

Also why even have a butterfly ambush spot there if you can't use assassinate or carnage to kill them in time?

Emmanuel2

Savant
Any tips for the ice dungeon? Skills don't work there and in this game skills are the most important things you can do in combat, usually much stronger than spells. It even shuts down all your passives, including the ability to see monsters' HP, dancer's unlimited weapon range and etc. so your party is really crippled in every way. It's much more severe than the water dungeon because even though you can't use spells you can still have the priest use holy shield and mage can use enchant weapon, which are considered skills and not spells for reasons I cannot comprehend. Do I need to bring 3 mages or something?

Also why even have a butterfly ambush spot there if you can't use assassinate or carnage to kill them in time?

You can skip that dungeon if you're aiming to complete the story. Just do M.o.Sea.

I skipped it, since I don't like switching my original 6 party members, then went back after postgame to finish the divinity tree.

Celerity

The funny thing is I can tell the difference between a wall, a one way wall, a door, etc. I just gotta lean in a little. This though?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i'm currently levelling up/farming loot inside the water dungeon; but i wanted to ask if i should take either:

a) spirit wall 2
b) the middle-ability in the tree which says it "gives the party the turn initiative (full stop, then it continues) +3 HIT / +3 AVOID the effect stacks"
c) "giant ability" which says it enhances special efffects that are cast ont he party, which i assume means when you use this divinity and then buff with avoid/hit spells that it enhances them (by 25%) numbers-wise. It says it stacks, too, but only in that stacking the divinity makes the enhanced buffs last for more turns.

obviously spirit wall is a solid choice, as spirit wall 1 is basically the *only* reliable way to defend vs magic in this game; but the b) option has me very curious.

I mean, every turn stacking +3 hit / +3 avoid? even if it has a two stacking max that's still's freaking +6 hit / +6 avoid for the entire party! and it says it "gives the initiative", whatever that means.

what say you guys

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Wings of Tenryu
Fast trick effect grant between all allies of the effect turn, will be able to act ahead of the enemy.
In addition, in effect turn the bonus is added to the Hit and Avoid.
Sustained turn and effect turn is extended in multiple acquisition, bonus also rise to the Hit and Avoid.
In addition, when you use when subjected to a surprise attack, canceling the surprise if I, become II or more if pre-emptive attack.

Not a few to separate light and dark is the presence or absence of this Shinki skill in situations where time-sensitive, very powerful skills.
Minimum I is recommended that you obtain.

• Enemy of fast trick effects are applied after all allies has finished acting in the wing of the Tenryu.Example ... If you select the wing and the enemy is magic wall in the same turn of Tenryu, invocation of the magic wall is after the end of action of all allies.
stage Target Duration effect consumption Remarks
I party One turn Fast trick effect imparting, Hit · Avoid + 3 Six Become normal combat in surprise when activated
II 2 turn Fast trick effect imparting, Hit · Avoid + 6 13 Become pre-emptive attack on the surprise when activated
III 3 turn Fast trick effect imparting, Hit · Avoid + 9 Twenty

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
sounds awesome. guarantees your party does all of their six actions before the enemy plus with +3 hit/avoid.

gonna take it.

most interesting of all you can read right there where the jap wiki says it preempts even enemy's own "divnities" and that their veils/walls/etc will only activate AFTER your party is done.

Suicidal

Arcane

You can skip that dungeon if you're aiming to complete the story. Just do M.o.Sea.

I skipped it, since I don't like switching my original 6 party members, then went back after postgame to finish the divinity tree.

I completed the sea dungeon (except the 5 star dragon thing that spawns if you take too long in fights) + I don't want to skip content if I can beat it. That said locking away 70% of your combat potential for the entire dungeon just because is pretty dumb imo.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
just beat marduil and golden knight using vase items and samurai dragon sky divinity in order to have everyone use a scroll of buffing in that turn.

i currently have main character and another samurai as a kamikaze squad, they have the best stats and best gear and i just avoid-down, avoid-down, avoid-down, avoid-down, avoid-down, then multi-hit up, multi-hit up, multi-hit up, multi-hit up, and eventually i have both samurais use the samurai ability that duels the enemy blow for blow until one of the two dies.

i have both with rings of luck +16 and both were previously fighters and knights, so both have indomitable heart AND secret defenses AND knight defenses skill; what that means is that during their war of attrition i just hit Fast Apply and i end up winning but i use up all of my dolls. :)

i've counted the log as well and during the marduill fight my main character (fighter/knight/now-samurai) revived himself TWICE using the fighter's indomitable heart, and THREE times via doll. After he died, the second samurai launched his own duel and also died, but Marduill was basically dead by then so I just used divine sky divinity to preempt his turn and used a bunch of vases of force guard and vases of force break while the two casters let loose with high-cast holy lights and master cast 3 MP fire spell.

he survived that round i described just now so i gambled and used the Charge divinity and sure enough, it was just enough to kill him. my MC was revived but they took the blood crystals i won from beating Marduill and the 2nd in command kamikaze samurai is currently recuperating.

it is especially powerful combo on main-character since he cannot permanently die, just make sure to get indomitable heart, and to get knight's secret defenses and knight defenses, and then slap on the highest possible DEF armor you can find and completely ignore AVOID since he WILL get hit anyway; and the most important part is the ring of luck which is what helps trigger indomitable heart and doll revivals.

have them dual-wielding Dead Man Lance's which have each 4% damage reduction for total of 8% DR per kamikaze samurai + the gear stats. That lance is also 1.5 versus Immortals, which is what Marduill was.

Unfortunately the golden knight is Spirit but I still whooped his ass anyway using the exact same tactics. Thinking of grinding up a 3rd kamikaze fighter/knight/samurai for the front-row so all 3 can duel lineage bosses until they die/revive continously.

also, wizard has now become the de facto best damage dealer in the game after learning master wizard and master cast, i.e. wizard spell boost and the 3x spell skill. It was literally a jump in spell damage like 250%.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
the one thing i can't get to trigger regularly via "luck", i.e. by equipping ring of luck + pumping luck stat on level ups, is the ninja's Ass Dagger ability.

I have lvl 13 samurai -> level 19 ninja right now that i'm trying to see how the hell to trigger Ass Dagger with him using dual "Critical" katanas.

i specifically character-created this dude for max AGI and max LUCK, with 15 str, lowest possible INT/PIE, 10 VIT, 22 AGI and with ring of luck equipped he has 15 luck.

with lessl uck than THAT it is more than enoguh to have the game trigger stuff like fighter counter-attack, or fighter indomitable heart, although to be fair the fighter abilities are SPECIFICALLY more "active" or more prone to trigger than the Knight abilities. It is very rare for the same build-Knight to trigger back-row protection ability. However fighter with high luck and ring of luck is fucking unkillable w/ indomitable heart and counter-attacks like a mofo all the time.

In any case, i'm beginning to think a "Critical" build using samurai/ninja is not viable. Currently has equipped 2x Enchanted Katanas +19 and +17, which are immortal/spirit/critical and +1 HIT. The shit just does not trigger!

It triggers like maybe, one enemy will get beheaded (critical) out of maybe 25-30 complete enemy encounters. In fact sometimes I'm not even sure it did trigger as it is tiresome and tedious to slowly parse the text waiting to see the Ass Dagger insta-kill text.

So, for whatever it's worth, the ninja is NOT worth using in hopes of taking advtange of the katana criticals. Ninja's good because of his sneak attack which has +5 to-HIT added on to it and for the hiding ability and for his two specific evasion skills cicada and ninja evade or something like that.

btw, if you want a monstrously overpowered bow-ninja make a ninja right until he learns the ninja dodge skill, which comes after cicada, (both are for evasion anyway), then change him to ranger. The Ranger's concentration -> Sniper works with Shuriken-type weapons as well as bows and check this shit out:

ranger sniper shot has +10 to-HIT tacked on to the show, it DOES NOT unstealth/unhide the ranger-ninja (!), and it has a 2.25x DMG modififer. It's basically a ninja assassinate command on but almost 3 times as powerful. It will also penetrate through the front-row enemy and into the 2nd and 3rd row delivering same damage.

The reason for the ninja dodge skills is because obviously it helps keep the ninja-ranger stealthed while sniping as the enemy will be "searching".

Suicidal

Arcane
Ok so the ice place isn't that bad cause the monsters there seem much weaker than in some other places. I killed the giant boss and werewolf leader easily... but then I got randomly attacked by the giant manticore thing while ambushing and it killed 2 of my guys with basic attacks in 1 turn. I looked at the wanted list and saw that it had the same difficulty rating as the things I had killed. It seemed like a 5 star boss disguised as a 4 star.

Emmanuel2

Savant
the one thing i can't get to trigger regularly via "luck", i.e. by equipping ring of luck + pumping luck stat on level ups, is the ninja's Ass Dagger ability.

I have lvl 13 samurai -> level 19 ninja right now that i'm trying to see how the hell to trigger Ass Dagger with him using dual "Critical" katanas.

i specifically character-created this dude for max AGI and max LUCK, with 15 str, lowest possible INT/PIE, 10 VIT, 22 AGI and with ring of luck equipped he has 15 luck.

with lessl uck than THAT it is more than enoguh to have the game trigger stuff like fighter counter-attack, or fighter indomitable heart, although to be fair the fighter abilities are SPECIFICALLY more "active" or more prone to trigger than the Knight abilities. It is very rare for the same build-Knight to trigger back-row protection ability. However fighter with high luck and ring of luck is fucking unkillable w/ indomitable heart and counter-attacks like a mofo all the time.

In any case, i'm beginning to think a "Critical" build using samurai/ninja is not viable. Currently has equipped 2x Enchanted Katanas +19 and +17, which are immortal/spirit/critical and +1 HIT. The shit just does not trigger!

It triggers like maybe, one enemy will get beheaded (critical) out of maybe 25-30 complete enemy encounters. In fact sometimes I'm not even sure it did trigger as it is tiresome and tedious to slowly parse the text waiting to see the Ass Dagger insta-kill text.

So, for whatever it's worth, the ninja is NOT worth using in hopes of taking advtange of the katana criticals. Ninja's good because of his sneak attack which has +5 to-HIT added on to it and for the hiding ability and for his two specific evasion skills cicada and ninja evade or something like that.

btw, if you want a monstrously overpowered bow-ninja make a ninja right until he learns the ninja dodge skill, which comes after cicada, (both are for evasion anyway), then change him to ranger. The Ranger's concentration -> Sniper works with Shuriken-type weapons as well as bows and check this shit out:

ranger sniper shot has +10 to-HIT tacked on to the show, it DOES NOT unstealth/unhide the ranger-ninja (!), and it has a 2.25x DMG modififer. It's basically a ninja assassinate command on but almost 3 times as powerful. It will also penetrate through the front-row enemy and into the 2nd and 3rd row delivering same damage.

The reason for the ninja dodge skills is because obviously it helps keep the ninja-ranger stealthed while sniping as the enemy will be "searching".

You have to have 21+ LCK in order to reliably trigger Assassin's Dagger/Critical. Couple that with Genocide or Star Step and you're basically criting alot per turn. That said, critical in this game is not exactly behead chance. When the character kills something with a crit/assassin's dagger it just straight up says "runs out of energy" without damage text from what I've observed but against bosses it shows a higher damage number than normal attacks.

Also the bow ninja specced into Snipe + Penetration + Assassin's Dagger is worse than a ninja specced into Dual-Wield + Weapon Trick + Assassin's Dagger from what I've tested in terms of damage. I'll be dealing 300-400 against bosses in the back per turn with high concentrate -> Snipe or deal 900 with High concentrate -> Genocide/Star Step along with high chance of status inflicts and lots of assassin's dagger procs.

It's not worth keeping stealth up unless you want to charge for Critical Hit (caps at 5 turns) via Defend or you want to shadow sew. Alot of the later bosses and their adds have AoE that can fuck ninjas up.

Ok so the ice place isn't that bad cause the monsters there seem much weaker than in some other places. I killed the giant boss and werewolf leader easily... but then I got randomly attacked by the giant manticore thing while ambushing and it killed 2 of my guys with basic attacks in 1 turn. I looked at the wanted list and saw that it had the same difficulty rating as the things I had killed. It seemed like a 5 star boss disguised as a 4 star.

The ice and sea place are easier than the other dungeons themselves because they have to compensate for your restriction, you just have to build your party right. The giant and werewolf are a cinch but yeah the kobold should be a 5 star, I don't know about the difficulty of the dragon lineage since that's also the reason why I skipped it. Though, the sea dungeon's 5 star boss is much easier than the ice dungeon's kobold lineage for midgame parties.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
thank you SO MUCH for your post! wow, 21 luck... how the FUCK is one supposed to pump that while pumping INT + str at the same time, with occasional VIT and bringing up PIE/INT for unique weapons?

AMBUSH EDIT: before you read what I wrote about how Ass Dagger works below I wanted to also mention that the ninja/ranger Sniper/Penetration/Long Distance Shot thing can be much, much more damaging and/or helpful for bosses than the same samurai/ninja because Sniper Shot adds +10 to-HIT on the shot itself coupled w/ 2.25x DMG bonus. Yes, a weapon-trick dual-wield ninja with some super OP weapons in each hand can and will probably always out-DMG the ninja/ranger's Sniper shot but he will be attacking with not only less to-HIT (assassinate only gives +5 to-HIT) but since he will be ninja class and not ranger class, he will also have less SpE than the ranger because classes gain SpE as they level up and the Ranger gains the most besides casters classes.

and guess what? The ranger also has the highest native to-HIT attribute out of all classes as well, about 40% more to-HIT than a ninja. The higher to-HIT w/ higher to-HIT + dmg mod of sniper shot / higher SpE of the ninja/ranger sniper shot actually guarantees a status effect more so than the dual-wield samurai/ninja because status affliction is determined primarily by SpE, assuming the attack lands which is where the much, much higher to-HIT comes into play.

All that is meaningless though because there are almost no Bows that inflict anything. That is not by coincidence either: everything I just typed was known to the designers which is why Bows are almost all non-Status inflicting. Why? Because they would never fucking miss as anyone who uses a bow is either a Ranger, or you just got lucky and found an early rare unique one that is currently better than any other weapons you have. Now, on to Ass Daggering...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do wnat to tell you though the game text specifically says "character utilizes Assassin's Dagger when it triggers".

i have something new for you though: after more testing it turns out Assassin's Dagger increases chance of trigger a critical hit. A critical hit, however is NOT an "insta-kill", or rather, an "insta-ran-outta-energy". If the enemy has the equivalent of knight's secret defenses then they will never fall for it, HOWEVER Ass Dagger ability still striggers and contributes extra damage.

from what I've seen so far a critical hit is an instant kill, like what a Mumic will do to you if you think you're man enough to fight it (hehehe); however in specific "math terms" a critical hit that instantly kills a party member is simply a critical hit that did more damage than your character had HP to endure, so the game says your char was "critically hit and killed".

If your character (or enemy) DOES have enough HP to endure the three critical hits your ninja's Ass Dagger triggered it will say:

"Character utilized Assassin's Dagger on Whoever and did #numbers# of damage!" and absolutely no mention of the words "critical hit" will be shown on-screen.

It is only if either you or the enemy, whoever activates a critical hit, exceeds the HP of the target that the game text says specifically "critically hit and killed!".

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Emmanuel2

btw, my current party is a no-Dancer party. I deleted all of the character i had been using/levelling right after I beat the Death Dragon because I realized that the Dancer class skills were implemented into the game just so casuals could beat it. And fuck, i know that wording comes off as an insult to you but i honestly am just expressing what I perceive to be the legitimate intent behind the inclusion of the Dancer class. Bear with me:

Dancer can 2x and 3x use an Item during his term therefore allowing 3x instant-stacking of a buff/debuff/party heal. This is not something "natural" to real dungeon crawlers (well, coming specifically from the perspective of a Wiz-clone DRPG player, including the etrian odyssey games though i do not enjoy them that much); it is not "natural" to the Wiz-clone DRPG formula because one of the primary design elements all in these games is resource management.

A big part of turn-by-turn strategy is having each character most optimally serve the current needs for this current encounter and that comes from the player having to weigh the pros and cons of each thing their characters will be able to do next round, and this always comes down to making "hard choices" where someone has to trade either dealing damage, protecting the party, etc, in order to use an item (which can fall into the same categories but items are traditionally not as good as character actions because items do not scale in effectiveness).

So right off the bat, regardless of how "hard-core ridiculous" post-game bosses end up being and regardless how many people say that 2x/3x item usage using only ONE (!) character is "necessary just to save your ass" I am here to say: NO. NO IT IS NOT. IT IS STUPID AND ILLOGICAL.

Not everyone can cast spells, and if they want to cast spells they have to change their classes. You follow? However everyone can use items and the notion that a character class just so happens to oh-so-magically have this abilitiy is simply too Power-Gamey from a game design standpoint! I do not want the game designers to design classes with abilities which are something that are obviously THE BEST; i want them to design classes that have abilities WHICH COMPLIMENT THE PARTY AND THEREBY THEMSELVES.

Lastly, everything I just typed applies to Weapon Trick. To save everyone the time of reading:

Everything I typed about how the Item Trick dancer ability is simply not organic in game design terms and is obviously something implemented so as to "ensure everyone can always just Dancer-class and then win the game"... now multiply that by 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times and that's how I feel about WEapon Trick.

WEAPON RANGERS ARE NOT SILLY ARBITRATIONS. THEY ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE MANY FACETS WHICH MAKE BLOBBER COMBAT BOTH ABSTRACT AND SIMULTAENOUSLY STRATEGICALLY DEEP.

So i deleted every char and re-made all 15 characters without any dancer class shenanigans and will finish the game like that. It is actually VERY telling of the type of dungeon crawler design Exp Inc / Team Muramasa is over-the-years shaping with their games as with each new game in their belt they continually include classes/abilities/etc that completely eliminate key tenets of dungeon crawler design such as:

have weapon ranges be meaningless,

use as many items as you want in 1 turn,

everyone-turns-into-all-classes by the end so there is no need to every make a choice or put any real thought into classes themselves;

random encounters are of zero consequence and only there to annoy the player;

auto-walking to help the player get through the dungoen as fast as possible and with as little need to ever be aware of their surroundings as possible (thereby allowing them to make shitty dungeon/maze designs)

etc.

EDIT: my fingers are too tired to make the follow-up post I am going to make praising the things that they DID and DO CORRECTLY and the things which are actually UNIQUE to exp inc / TM games, such as items sold being gone forever (excellent choice, and "aweigh approved TM"), the Life Points concept (absolutely fantastic way to introduce the concept of perma-death back into 'crawlers for a new audience that has grown up thinking such a thing is bad game design), etc.

The way they design the lineage fights is leaps and bounds better than both Etrian Odyssey's bosses and Elminage's boss-enemies/FOEs and it goes without saying leaps and bounds beyond boss fights in Wiz 1-8. Of course that is because they spent all of their time on those and forgot to make the 95% of enemy fights worth even fighting.

lol and this EDIT was supposed to be a fingers-too-tired summation of an upcoming post :D

Last edited:
I agree about 3xItem ability being OP. Samurai carnage skills uber OP as well. 3xMagic - also lololol. All those can easily carry you through anything.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
at least samurai slashes and wizard multi-casting have some sort of organic integrity to them by default. i mean, ok, video game, you're saying my wizard reached epic levels and can now cast 3x spells. COOL. i can accept that. that does not sound STUPID TO ME when I look at the ability from a design standpoint.

but what's this, video game? now you're saying my character can use 3x items in one turn? why? did he go to University and major in that? And now he can use any weapon from any range!? DEAR VIDEO GAME: THAT IS MORE LUDICROUS THAN A WIZARD AND A DRAGON IN MY GAME!

I'll suspend my disbelief for a talking unicorn giving me a quest more first before I will for a character class that eliminates weapon ranges. Why? because maybe in this video game there are fucking unicorns who give quests. However i am sure there are no schools that major students in Infinite Range 1101.

Crawlers that have things like Infinite Range, btw, which Elminage features: tthey have this in either a SPELL that has to be cast during battle and disappears after you win, or via RARE ITEMS.

Emmanuel2

Savant
btw, my current party is a no-Dancer party. I deleted all of the character i had been using/levelling right after I beat the Death Dragon because I realized that the Dancer class skills were implemented into the game just so casuals could beat it. And fuck, i know that wording comes off as an insult to you but i honestly am just expressing what I perceive to be the legitimate intent behind the inclusion of the Dancer class

No problem, I do consider myself a beginner since this is my foray into the blobber genre.

Tricks are not worth using IMHO unless you're doing the No-skill areas so I never got the feeling that they're OP. Using buff items with trick, chances are it's just gimping that turn for your party since they give 1 AV/1 HIT per use or if you're using a single use item (like very, very limited revive items) then it would repeat using it on the same character.

Carnage skills are not OP, they become useless towards the post game where bosses can hit you even with 99 AV and the enemy themselves having weapon trick. Getting hit by them will most likely result in an insta-kill. On the other hand, Weapon Trick is indeed OP.

before you read what I wrote about how Ass Dagger works below I wanted to also mention that the ninja/ranger Sniper/Penetration/Long Distance Shot thing can be much, much more damaging and/or helpful for bosses than the same samurai/ninja because Sniper Shot adds +10 to-HIT on the shot itself coupled w/ 2.25x DMG bonus. Yes, a weapon-trick dual-wield ninja with some super OP weapons in each hand can and will probably always out-DMG the ninja/ranger's Sniper shot but he will be attacking with not only less to-HIT assassinate only gives +5 to-HIT) but since he will be ninja class and not ranger class, he will also have less SpE than the ranger because classes gain SpE as they level up and the Ranger gains the most besides casters classes.

I meant about full built ones. I theorycrafted then applied them. These are all tested at the 99 HIT cap (since that's the actual cap). SpE does not matter since they'll likely won't be using magic.

Here are the results against Cocoon Lvl 41 with my Lvl 32 Dancer (of which specced fully into Ninja and Ranger)

For High Concentration -> Snipe test using an S-rank Gold Bow+11.

tnKAekj.png
fdNWYXC.png

zhEqB51.jpg

For High concentrate -> Star Step test. Enemy died by the second attack without proccing Assassin's Dagger on either hand and without using Critical imbued weapons.

edwlHlW.png
zSqJYVD.png
0n5S6Cn.png

Main-hand Weapons used are both Full Racial bonus against Immortal, Spirit and Demon except the Butterfly dagger which only has half bonus against Immortal and Spirit.

The Enemies are Force Break'd, then Multi-Slowed 6 times per row.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Crawlers that have things like Infinite Range, btw, which Elminage features: tthey have this in either a SPELL that has to be cast during battle and disappears after you win, or via RARE ITEMS.

Alchemy, having a samurai with 2 Muramasa with infinite range and x2 dmg to some type of creature is <3

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Emmanuel2

I just found a potentially game-changing bug. Before I say what it is I want to preface by saying I immediately searched on the jp-wiki and it has been in the game since original release so whether it is a "bug" or not is up for debate: You ready?

ANY EFFECTS THAT THE WEAPONS/SHIELDS IN YOUR B-SET HAVE, SUCH AS THE BATTLE STAFF WITH ITS 3% DR, OR THE HOLY ROD AND ITS BUILT-IN TRAP AVOIDANCE WHILE WALKING...

...THESE EFFECTS WILL *ALWAYS* BE ACTIVE EVEN IF YOUR CURRENTLY CHOSEN WEAPON SET IS NOT THE ONE WITH THE WEAPON-EFFECTS.

THIS MEANS YOU CAN SKYROCKET ANY CHARACTER'S DAMAGE REDUCTION % AS SIMPLY AS EQUIPPING THEM IN THE B-SET WITH TWO WEAPONS THAT FEATURE DR%.

CAPS
CAPS
CAPS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom