Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Drox Operative: The Crew

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Drox Operative; Soldak Entertainment

<p>Soldak Entertainment's Steven Peeler posted another blog update, this time on the <a href="http://www.soldak.com/Blogs/Steven/Drox-crew.html" target="_blank">crew mechanics in Drox Operative</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>First off crew can sometimes be hard to come by. Unlike many things in the game, they can't be sold, bought, traded, or stored anywhere. They will only serve on your ship if you hire them, rescue them, or accomplish some kind of task for them.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>They also expect to be treated and paid well. If they get unhappy enough they will refuse to work and eventually will even leave your sorry butt. So how does this work? Well first they expect to be paid every once in a while, so they slowly get upset between payments. They also really don't care for being hurt or killed, imagine that. Each individual is also from one of the races in the game. Do something bad to their race and they are going to get upset. Do something nice for their race and it will make them a bit happier. Actually paying them is the biggest positive contributor to their happiness of course. It is your choice when and how often to pay them.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/105275-drox-operative-blog-update-your-crew.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I really applaud some of the design desicions the guy is making. But my impression is that he loses lots of customers due to the names of his games. Kivi's Underworld? Drox Operative? I'd really like this guy to succeed, but it's hard to have a hit if your game seems to be a parody which it is not!

(To be frank, I did try the demo fo Kivi's U, and found it extremely boring. So not only the names are bad. But apart from this one his games are interesting...)

Micmu

Magister
Yeah, sounds too much like Drog Operative. I certainly wouldn't want to have that.

Also, indie action "rpgs" is what this world needs right now, etc

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Sup, Drog?

fake edit: Oh, 2008 join date. You really haven't seen Drog around here? Check the Arcanum mod threads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom