Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dropsy: A Point & Click Hugventure

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks like a nice new adventure game about a clown. Why don't you check the video out?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
According to the last Kickstater update, the game will be released on September 10.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The game is available on GoG. I haven't received my key yet, but I will play the game soon. I'll share my impressions.

Venser

Erudite
This looks wonderfully cute and disturbing at the same time. Really diggin it.

HitPepper

Erudite
It's a... trippy game, to say the least. Haven't played enough to recommend it, but so far so good. No text is one of the things that surprised me.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I backed this on Kickstarter, and while I'd love to play it myself, I probably won't have time. If anyone wants to play it and review it, let me know and I'll pass along my key.

[EDIT: Gone.]

Last edited:

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Holy crap. Showed this to my spepson and he totally wants to play it. Preferably doing a let's play with our reactions.

He's excited by the creepy clown, but i dont think he knows the lucasarts(tm) logic and endless clicking that he's getting us into.
But he liked Gynophobia and all the FNAF (freddy's) games. weird kid just get better with age, like a fine Chernobyl wine.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I completed the game. It is rather short and rather good.

The hippy/psychedelic atmosphere is nice (the music especially). Basically the clown, followed by animals, dreams, helps simple people to solve their basic issues and hugs trees (in fact he hugs everyone and everything). The choice of no text surely reinforce the atmosphere, like in Machinarium.

About the puzzles, they are correct, but they are not really inventive (to say the least), and there is approximately 0 puzzle simultaneously involving more than one of your character, which is sad.
One good point is that all the game takes place in the same area, which opens throughout the game. Another good point is a day/night cycle which works well.

Don't expect a 10/10 but it's sympathic, kind, sometimes weird, lightly emotional with a rather uncommon atmosphere and regarding gameplay it's a correct point&click.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
On par with working on their next project, they will seemingly add some content to Dropsy :

Beach Update
The Beach update is coming along. No ETA on that either, though I really want/need to have it out by the year's end. It'll include the following things:
- more dreams
- a new beach area, consisting of at least 4 new scenes
- at bunch of new huggable NPCs, and one famous cameo
- the return of Scared Gameboy Kid!
- new secrets for mousy/birdy to find (more cutaways similar to the trailer home)
- more tapes!
- more exposition on the mutant animals present in the world
- random details and fun bits that didn't make it into the proper release

Here are a few very very rough screens. There'll be pretty beach parallax and stuff when we're through:

ed62b246be546dae46077728b160def0_original.png

98e5b284e86268227c60d9c7f15d0ed3_original.png

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
I just finished it and I loved it !
Great art, great music, some good puzzles, likable characters and a very original game.
My favorite PnC since a while.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I've been a busy bee! The 'beach budate' now titled "The Yeti's Curse" will be out in January 2017! It will be a free update with lots of new people to hug, and secrets to unearth.

It's a bit bigger than we originally anticipated. Not HUGE, just a tiny bit bigger. A few of your lore-related questions will be answered as well. :0)

7b58cf1b89c3fdd0db513a7d1ac320cc_original.png
Source : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy/posts/1675478?ref=activity

He also talks about the Kickstarter he just launched for his next project. It looks very experimental, I don't know what to think, although I somewhat like the graphics.

Last edited:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I've been a busy bee! The 'beach budate' now titled "The Yeti's Curse" will be out in January 2017! It will be a free update with lots of new people to hug, and secrets to unearth.

It's a bit bigger than we originally anticipated. Not HUGE, just a tiny bit bigger. A few of your lore-related questions will be answered as well. :0)

7b58cf1b89c3fdd0db513a7d1ac320cc_original.png
Source : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy/posts/1675478?ref=activity

He also talks about the Kickstarter he just launched for his next project. It looks very experimental, I don't know what to think, although I somewhat like the graphics.

I would definitely like to at least play Hypnospace Outlaw, looks interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom