Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Dreamfall Chapters - Console Immersion Action Decline Kickstarter [Spoilers]

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
"Let's start the third chapter with an overly long pixel-hunt!" <----- FIRE THIS PERSON!!! FIRE THEM NOW!!! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S RAGNAR, FIRE HIM!!!

Keshik

Arcane
p4Z4Npb.png

:incloosive:

Well, there's a shock. Thought he'd be more asexual than anything like a soldier-fanatic should.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
And yet they shirk the more obvious, more logical, more consistent and still :incloosive: option of making him asexual. Silly.
Although I am a bit surprised that the Azadi presumably don't mind teh gayz, that's usually an easy one for the "we hate people that are different"-factions.

Also, looks like they disregard some choices. At least for me Queenie is under the impression that I lied to her, but I'm pretty sure I did no such thing? Some corroborating testimony in that thread at least.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
At least for me Queenie is under the impression that I lied to her, but I'm pretty sure I did no such thing?

Same here. Must be a bug.
Just got an update on steam, have to restart from a save at the end of book 2 to fix it. Ugh.
At least it'll go quicker this time when I know where the damn drawings are and can sorta remember the answers to the TLJ pop-quiz they decided to spring on you...
Might also fixed the Na'ane thing, seemed sorta like she didn't actually come forward like I made her, but then again I only saw offhand dialogue about it. Didn't play that far.
Edit: That's a nope on the Na'ane thing. Maybe I remembered my choice wrong. The kissing thing was fixed though.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I wouldn't have expected anyone in the Dreamfall target audience to have a problem with homosexuality.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I wouldn't have expected anyone in the Dreamfall target audience to have a problem with homosexuality.
It's sorta a problem when Kian has shown every indication so far of being at best a workaholic asexual and at worst work-sexual.
It is also especially a problem when they give you a "romance" choice in light of that.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If anything, the pixel hunt filler at the beginning only makes the rest of the episode feel really short.

Zoe's storyline was particularly uneventful this episode (yeah, Crow, whatever, but his appearance does not bring anything interesting story-wise so far - it's just some dialogue from which you don't even learn anything really new). Kian's only had one decent moment (learning the purpose of the tubes and the ensuing scene).

I think it's obvious that the episodic format really backfires, storytelling-wise.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
There's a lot of pointless running around in every chapter, they would hardly last 2 hours without.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
So, yeah, I know I say this everytime, but fuck, this chapter was boring. Far worse than the others though; that awful picture hunt, the long corridors with the bypass switches...god.

Only two more left to see what the long-awaited conclusion will be and so far it's pretty clear Ragnar never had anything planned out.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I want /pol/ to leave.

That's not very :incloosive:of you. If anything, this game's writing is so ridiculously bad that I am quite honestly surprised /pol/ hasn't labelled it as their own false flag operation yet. I dropped it in the middle of the second act and am yet to pick it up again. The environments looks really nice, but the writing, oh dear God, the writing. It isn't even the whole pseudo-progressiveness; the characters in the first half of the second act are even worse than anything Bioware has spewed out in the past decade.

Deleted member 7219

Finished Book Three.

Dreamfall Chapters has been desperately boring so far.

Septaryeth

Augur
Someone gifted it to me saying it's good story telling man it's all about the story you will like it.
I finished the first one, thought I was going to give up the second one yet the sudden change of events somehow managed to hooked me into enduring that godaweful control.
And now I'm up to the latest book of the third game.

It's like...whatthefuckery? At this point I don't even know if I actually like Dreamfall for its story element anymore. Yeah I did invested in the fucking game.
I actually believed the second and third act of Dreamfall were plotting something good. I actually thought it's something that at the very least deserved a sequel with revelations that clicked.
It was one hell of a cliffhanger and now...it takes 3/5 of the entire game just to pick up where Zoe left off in the previous game, and there are still more questions than answers, questions accumulated from the first game and still increasing at an alarming rate. At this point I have no hope for the writers to wrap things up, especially considering the fluidity of their skills and the amount of budget wasted on "oh, pretty 3d!" graphics. Dreamfall was horrible, but at least they dared to introduce new environments and progressed the story along with transitions of scenes.

Now I see the writers as hacks who just decided to fuck all and wrote a cliff hanger even they can't comprehend back at the end of Dreamfall. To think they actually have talent or at least have keep them...and I actually liked TLJ games that are released in more... conservative times. It seems they have the urge to always be edgier than the current masses or even the SJWs. I don't mind writers advocating their political ideas but now there is not even a pretense of subtlety, like not having your main protagonist shouting don't vote for the boring white dude. The latest breaking news is apparently our plain and boring Kian is shipped away with an exotic but respected blue magical that wanted to kill him at the start, literally.

Like-It's-what-I can't-don't...fuck. Great, now I talk like that cyberpunk Indian boss lady, and I don't even like her shit jokes (no pun intended). This is truly worse than Bioware.

I need to punch that guy, and maybe stop being friend with him altogether.

Keshik

Arcane
Really excited to try ep 3 now, hah. Hm, should replay 1 and 2 as well, I think I've forgotten what the story is so far (also I think my save game is on an old HD).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Tornquist stopped giving a fuck and the developers are more concerned with injecting their agenda than writing a coherent plot.

At this point it's better they never get to make that sequel to Longest Journey. They'd probably make April a tranny.

Barbarian

Arcane
Sorry for asking, but can you tell me more about the SJW bullshit that is in this game? I'm curious and not interested in playing it to find out.

I liked the original Longest Journey and hated dreamfall, never had any excitemente for this and didn't back it 'cause of it.

Septaryeth

Augur
Sorry for asking, but can you tell me more about the SJW bullshit that is in this game? I'm curious and not interested in playing it to find out.

I liked the original Longest Journey and hated dreamfall, never had any excitemente for this and didn't back it 'cause of it.

Read earlier pages if you want to know more.
I cleared my head a bit, and I want to clarify why I'm going to drop this after Book 3. It's not really about SJW, it's just...plain bad and corny.

Okay, to sum up Book 3.

Zoe being the irrelevant Zoe, until she's finally arrives Arcadia. There goes about half of the book. At this point I'm desensitized to the point where Zoe being boring no longer surprises me. Next part though, it's a real kick to the head.

The mysterious woman from the first two books revealed to be an Azadi exile that has a crush on senpai for 20 years.
She explains her motivation in a long monologue, which is completely unforshadowed, during an urgent time when Kian is in the middle of a suicide mission.
Kian, suddenly remembers who she is, didn't have the time to explain he's gay, results in supposedly hilarious and embarrassing drama in the future.
Likho, being the noble savage trope for the magicals, continues to harass Kian, and claims he will avenge his father one day.
Yes you read it right, not only he's a noble savage, he's also one of these grudgeful, competitive rivals that want to kill the protagonist by getting overly close to them and helping them.
But it turns out, at the same time, Likho is starting to admire Kian, because Kian "continually giving him no reason to hate him", or if you play your dialogues right, "we have more in common than I thought."
They board a ship together with no reinforcement, and embark a suicidal journey to the west. If you watch anime, I guess Likho is what we call the ultimate tsundere.

Now imagine all of above happened in the last 10 minutes of Book 3.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom