Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

In truth I should have done a launch discount. I did indeed get some sales but there are many more on the wishlist.

As one of those Madman wishlisters, delurking to say I read this and just bought with $15 worth of suddenly-spare Grimoire money.

DrDungeon

Developer
I agree, hog, but the tricky part is reaching the folks who would like a game of this type. They're out there - just gotta find them.
You are Legrand! I drink to your Martian Dreams! My all-time favorite!

DrDungeon

Developer
You're right hobo - I can't reduce it right away anyway - I need to wait until around the end of the month then indeed see about a flash sale.

PeeWee

Augur
Am I the first person to notice that the price has gone done for a few days? If I understand correctly, it is even less than 9.99 dollars, for a few days only, though. I wonder if people will now buy it.

Note:
I do NOT have a list of (the locations of) the friendly WereShades.

Lhynn

Arcane
Only reason i havent bought yet is because im afraid i wont be playing it till 2050 or something. But with the discount i guess i have no excuse, i can keep it on my library.

PeeWee

Augur
Well, that week is over now. The price went back to what it was before. I wonder how many people have bought the game so far, either through the site (which is gone now) or through Steam. Now there is something else I would like to know. What do people mean when they say something is "old school"? Is MadMan old school?

DrDungeon

Developer
OawjNpI.jpg

ULTIZURK IV: Lord of the Cyclops will feature an all-new engine sporting a true 2:1 perspective, a much larger tileset and the ability for characters to walk behind/in front of things.

- Speaking of which, there will be a party of 4 that are created as well as up to two henchmen, or 4-6 characters depending on player's preference.
- Combat & magic will be greatly enhanced and far more strategic this time around - four tentative schools of the mage, the druid, the cleric and the new ethereal school.
The spells of the different schools will be much different, with mages blasting fireballs, etc., druids likely controlling nature and summoning creatures, clerics with healing and buffs, ethereal likely some illusionist abilities.
- The land will be a lot more alive than before. Blacksmiths pounding away at anvils, kids running around the back yards, dogs roaming the streets, the local guard walking his beat.
- The super-interactive features from Madman will remain, but even more in the way of crafting, this time around doing things like planting your own herbs, buying a house, etc.

However...I've reached the max of what I can do solo. Finishing UZ4 will take some hired help.

If this is to see the light of day, I'll need to see more sales of Madman. The very best way to insure UZ4 becomes more than vaporware is to tell the world about Madman!

Youtube playthroughs, social media, the press. Talk about it - tell your friends. Play the game.

Else I'll have no choice but to close the castle gates and retire. Its been quite a trip. -Dr. Dungeon
- In The Castle of
- The Mach Gryphon

DrDungeon

Developer
Appreciate all the brofists but its not super-good news. UZ4 will never exists unless Madman gets more sales.
It needs a hundred times more attention. Spreading the word about it would be the single best way to insure UZ4 sees the light of day or becomes vaporware.

I've done all I can with advertising. The rise of Ultizurk 4 is up to the community now. -Dr. D.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Will those who bought the game from your store get Steam keys?

norolim

Arcane
DrDungeon please check the game profile on Steam. They recently introduced new currencies and if you don't update them, your game won't be available in some countries.

PeeWee

Augur
I do not know:
- if there are different sorts of (Steam) keys
- if (Steam) keys are just codes to get the game

Could anybody tell me more about this?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I do not know:
- if there are different sorts of (Steam) keys
- if (Steam) keys are just codes to get the game

Could anybody tell me more about this?

They're codes to get the game. Dr. Dungeon has the ability to generate them. They're random strings of letters and numbers. All games on Steam work like this.

PeeWee

Augur
Infinitron

Thank you.

So, what happened? If I understand correctly, the most recent version of MadMan was released over four months ago. Have all the people who bought the game through Dr. Dungeon’s website (which is gone now) received Steam keys? If not, why not?

norolim

How did this with the new currencies end up?

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
So, what happened? If I understand correctly, the most recent version of MadMan was released over four months ago. Have all the people who bought the game through Dr. Dungeon’s website (which is gone now) received Steam keys? If not, why not?

Not me. No idea why.

DrDungeon

Developer
Hey ho! Yeah! Madman's on sale now for only $4.74!
The great winter sale on Steam! Hopefully I'll muster up enough $$$ to support development of the far more ambitious ULTIZURK IV: Lord of the Cyclops, now in production!
The all-new "MAD II" engine - being used for UZ4 - is coming along nicely, and soon I'll have a demo reel up showcasing the new features. Sales of Madman, however, could go a long way toward getting this out
a lot sooner.

Thanks again guys! - Dr. D.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey ho! Yeah! Madman's on sale now for only $4.74!
The great winter sale on Steam! Hopefully I'll muster up enough $$$ to support development of the far more ambitious ULTIZURK IV: Lord of the Cyclops, now in production!
The all-new "MAD II" engine - being used for UZ4 - is coming along nicely, and soon I'll have a demo reel up showcasing the new features. Sales of Madman, however, could go a long way toward getting this out
a lot sooner.

Thanks again guys! - Dr. D.
Bought it already.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I finally get to play it, can someone tell me if there's skills that I should completely avoid skilling? Or a class that's op / up? I really don't like it when I put hours into a game only to find out all the skillpoints I put into lockpicking are wasted

PeeWee

Augur
I noticed the price went back to $14.99.

Could anybody tell me what the latest news is when it comes to the new currencies and the Steam keys?

PeeWee

Augur
I will try to answer some questions, including some of my own questions.

Question:
Scrooge’s question(s) about skills and classes.
Answer:
I do not know. I think detecting traps, detecting secret passages and maybe picking locks / lockpicking are important to complete the game.

Question:
Is it not $4.94 instead of $4.74?
Answer:
It was $4.94 (not $4.74), but it has been $14.99 since around Friday January 5, 2018.

Question:
Brutan’s question from over twenty-three months (one year and eleven months) ago, "How are the MadMan sales going?".
Answer:
At one point Dr. Dungeon said:
"through my website and all the advertising I did, I managed to get 16 purchases"
I do not know if there were any new purchases before the website disappeared.
At one point Dr. Dungeon said he had 72 sales. I do not know if that was including those sales from his own website.
I do not know the current number of sales.

Question:
Over twenty-three months (one year and eleven months) ago, Infinitron asked Dr. Dungeon:
"Do you have any Ultizurk IV content left over from back when you were making that, or are you planning to start it from scratch?"
Answer:
Probably:
- there is some Ultizurk IV content left over from back then, but
- Dr. Dungeon is planning to start from scratch

Question:
What is "Valve"?
Answer:
Valve Corporation. Check Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Corporation
You may also want to check:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)

Question:
What do the following words mean?:
- old school
- retro
- vaporware
Answer:
Dr. Dungeon explained this:
"Old school and retro are the same. It simply means games styled after classics of the past. Mostly late 80's and 90's.
Vaporware refers to a game that was talked about a lot, maybe even partially done, then never completed and thus abandoned."
"MadMan" is old school. "ULTIZURK IV" could become vaporware.

Question:
What is retrospective?
Answer:
Check Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrospective_(disambiguation)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrospective
It means something like "a look back at events that have taken place".

Question:
How about the new currencies and people in certain countries being able to buy "MadMan"?
Answer:
Infinitron says:
"Looks like the new currencies have been added."

Question:
What about the Steam keys?
Answer:
Dr. Dungeon still has research to do. At one point, he said:
"Apparently, you need to "request" keys and get them approved. As far as different types, I'm not even sure exactly what the types are
or how they are different? I figured I just press a button and it puts out some numbers but apparently not that easy"

I will now try to answer questions from the Communityhub.

Question:
Grimace’ question(s): "Steam Cloud for save game backup?" and
"Any chance we'll get Steam Cloud support?"
Answer:
That will probably not happen.

Question:
Josh’ question.
Answer:
I do not have this problem. I can run the game normally. Since Dr. Dungeon has not said anything about this anymore and Josh has not either, I suppose Josh has this
problem solved, or has lost interest.

Question:
Osky Re’s questions and F4/80’s questions.
Answer:
I suppose all of these issues have been solved, since nobody talks about them anymore. By the way, I completed the game myself and I like the ending.

Some other issues.

I have sent messages to some of you, but, so far, I have not received any answers. I hope your
issues have been solved.

I do not know what the state of "ULTIZURK IV" is right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom