Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

DrDungeon

Developer
Good work PeeWee. However, try to avoid story-oriented observations. Those are spoilers. :)
Additionally, my fellow Indy friend has also been testing Madman. We've made a lot of tweaks and some changes mostly in the combat to bring it really up to par.
The two "versions" PeeWee mentioned are just one of the character icons I updated; working to update a few more of the character icons.
All is going superb. The only reason its delayed a little is as I said before, its kind of like finishing the Saturn V rocket, but then getting everything ready for the actual launch.
Just a million details even though the game itself is done. Will keep all posted, and as always, thanks for your support! -Rob

PeeWee

Augur
- Dr. Dungeon is still working on the new "MadMan".
- Dr. Dungeon and I both noticed a spelling-error in the game. Dr. Dungeon fixed this error long ago.
- Dr. Dungeon fixed every error in the new "MadMan" long ago.
- There have been a lot of changes, mostly in the combat, as well as re-drawing some of the characters.
- We are still waiting for the major announcement.

DrDungeon

Developer
Aye - last character polish being done now. Beta 3.0 soon to become release candidate 1, but that's probably the final version. Need one more playthrough by my indy friend and final polish. To continue my analogy to the Apollo 11 launch, we're at the point where that giant truck-tractor thing is rolling the rocket to the launch pad...

DrDungeon

Developer
I'm thinking maybe a month. There's always a lot of finishing stuff even when the game itself is done. One thing I need to think of is some possible play testers. For example, I haven't actually tested it on windows 8. Should work but haven't tried. Then there's all the distribution stuff, where it should first appear, advertising, etc. I tend to put this stuff off, but the time has come to start cracking down on it. I'm real happy with it and hope ya'll like it.

I'd really like to take on some playtesters, certainly drawn from these boards as you guys helped me more than anyone. Trouble is I feel funny about non-disclosure agreements, which are necessary but it makes me feel like I don't trust anyone, which I do. A little advice here would be helpful. There's quite a few here on these boards that would make excellent playtesters. I'm thinking maybe 5 or so. Holler it you're interested, and thanks again. -Rob

Sounds great. I have Windows 8.1 running in my Notebook, so feel free to send me a PM if you want me to test whether it runs on Win 8.1. I won't be available for extensive testing, though (full playthroughs and whatnot) because I simply don't have enough time for that, I'm afraid.

As for NDAs, I'm not sure if they are really necessary for a game like Madman, which is rather low-profile and not the next Call of Duty or what have you. In any case, I would assume that most codexers are mature enough to see an NDA simply as standard business practice and not a statement of distrust. The only potential problem I see is that people usually prefer to remain anonymous on the Internet, so having to sign an NDA with their real names might not be acceptable for them.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm thinking maybe a month. There's always a lot of finishing stuff even when the game itself is done. One thing I need to think of is some possible play testers. For example, I haven't actually tested it on windows 8. Should work but haven't tried. Then there's all the distribution stuff, where it should first appear, advertising, etc. I tend to put this stuff off, but the time has come to start cracking down on it. I'm real happy with it and hope ya'll like it.

I'd really like to take on some playtesters, certainly drawn from these boards as you guys helped me more than anyone. Trouble is I feel funny about non-disclosure agreements, which are necessary but it makes me feel like I don't trust anyone, which I do. A little advice here would be helpful. There's quite a few here on these boards that would make excellent playtesters. I'm thinking maybe 5 or so. Holler it you're interested, and thanks again. -Rob

I'm interested and have played your Ultizurk 1 and 2 more than a year ago, so playing something newer from you would be fun for me. I'd do it with or without an NDA.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I'm interested and have played your Ultizurk 1 and 2 more than a year ago, so playing something newer from you would be fun for me. I'd do it with or without an NDA.
Got any impressions to share of the Ultizurks?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Got any impressions to share of the Ultizurks?

It reminded me of the older, early RPGs like Ultima 1. If you don't mind going that far retro, it is a fine enough game. Ultizurk 2 sees some improvements, but Dr Dungeon himself admits he went a bit overboard with some of the dungeon lengths and random encounters. I meant to try out the later games in the series in order to observe the series progression, but I felt bad about never having the fortitude to finish Ultizurk 2 and never got to U3 because of it.

PeeWee

Augur
I made 2 mistakes in one of my posts.

"- drinking / taking a sip from some of Ol’ Killer Jack-Bills’ lemonade"
should be
"- drinking / taking a sip from some of Ol’ Killer Jack-Bill’s lemonade"

"Thank you, if read all this."
should be
"Thank you, if you read all this."

The major announcement we were waiting for was Dr. Dungeon’s Internetsite.

I watched and listened to that video on "YouTube". Nobody in that video is Dr. Dungeon, but that is a video about the question what Dr. Dungeon does when he is not programming games and / or in his leisure time and those persons in that video are 6 other persons.

I visited Dr. Dungeon’s Internetsite more than once and I noticed that there are now 12 screenshots and if I am not mistaking, Dr. Dungeon’s Internetsite was updated again.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Part of the reason is that I've been slow playtesting it due to work, but I am averaging 1-2 hours a day despite my 80+ work weeks. I've noticed a few things that Dr Dungeon is tweaking, and he is having others test after those tweaks. Sorry that the beta testing is taking long. I plan to get another hour in tonight, plus I'll get about 4-5 hours in tomorrow.

I will say this game is the most stable I've played in some time. Not one crash or odd error so far!

Last edited:

DrDungeon

Developer
Thanks Deuce - I can't tell you how much I appreciate your taking the time to playtest this with such a busy schedule. It must be very difficult working 80+ hours a week. Yikes!!
Yes I was just coming on the codex here to announce the all new trailers - these longer and updated with me talking - but Luzur beat me to it somehow. There will be another gameplay trailer and a combat one soon.

So, Luzur. Do you know of anyone else worthy and honorable and brave who would like to dare the world of the MadMan beta? Let me know. -Dr D.

DrDungeon

Developer
Yo Luzur - what kind of PC do you have? Speed, memory, video, resolution, operating system?

Luzur

Good Sir
Yo Luzur - what kind of PC do you have? Speed, memory, video, resolution, operating system?

Intel Core i5-4570 3.20 Ghz + 3.20 Ghz

4 gig RAM

32-bit OS Windows Vista Ultimate

Nividia GeForce GTX 660

(but most of this will change though, since i am planning a rework tog et rid of that 32-bit Windows and go Windows 7 64-bit.)

PeeWee

Augur
I watched and listened to both of those videos and I enjoyed them, although I had already played one or more versions of the game.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
I'm playing the beta and just finished a quest, at the end of which you sleep with a girl who heals your wounds afterwards. DrDungeon , I request you use this song as the background music for dialogue with her in the finished game:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom