Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
So, will it be released in 2014?

DrDungeon

Developer
It should. All that's really waiting now is two final music scores - I need a wee bit more cash to purchase the rights to use the music. Not a lot, but this time of year I'm always a little short. Then its just a matter of setting it up with an installer and figuring out the whole business with how people go about purchasing with a credit card to get a code number, etc.
Most likely I will get it on Steam Greenlight, which will give me an idea of interest level as these last finishing touches are done.

PeeWee

Augur
I cannot confirm:
- with the drawbridge the jellyfish disappear when you lower the drawbridge and they are replaced by water
- the demons / monsters do not disappear, if you walk away, where you get the spells for the spellbook in Leodalf’s third test, so I cannot confirm the whole point of the test is not missed by the player
- objects do not disappear but instead are piled, when an object appears, for example, when you reunite the two witches or when you use the four quarters of the vortex on the four altars

Another situation where an object appears, is when the magic crossbow appears. I thought of this example and cannot confirm, if there are objects there, the objects will be piled.

I can confirm:
- I found new stuff, including boulders, cliffs, swamps, bugs and snakes
- I did not find any missing edges
- I did not find any "walkthrough walls"
- as far as I have seen, the speed is always smooth

I noticed:
When cotton berries or a Potion of Speed are in effect, you do not see this at the "Current Effects".

Dr. Dungeon wrote:

"Just read any book about The Mystic Shirnes. When I put 7.5 in the dropbox, of course I immediately found two little errors. One was some greenish-colored tiles in the bottom blackness that showed up when going in the Guild (and possibly other areas). Oddly, these didn't show up in the world editor, only the game. So I replaced all black tiles with one, true black tile.
I don't know if you noticed I re-did all the books to make the paragraphs nicer. I had split the Mystic Shrine one wrongly, chopping some sentences, so had to fix it. So the "second" 7.5 just had those two minor fixes."

I read the book / tome in Leodalf’s building in CliffSide and the book about the Shrines for thieves in the Library in WaterCross, but I did not see anything different.

PeeWee

Augur
There is a new video on "YouTube":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSiVpFACXDc

Dr. Dungeon says:
"it is the very latest sneak-peek"
and I, PW, have watched it and listened to it. I like it.

In the new "MadMan":
- there have been changes as for the new roofs and chimney and smoke
- insects can now disease you
- snakes can now eat butterflies

Dr. Dungeon says:
"In addition to the snakes, jellyfish, new canyon, plateau and cracked rock areas in the desert, the new packed forests with little paths, the swamp-lands, the fancy new roofs and chimney smoke effect, it also now features a transparent message console in the 16:9 mode where its a pop-up. You'll see all this in the new, first official trailer"

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I like all the little changes and am sure it will all add up to a much nicer product.

One thing I'm wondering though... a female character is in that demo but she is still doing Tammy's quest... which leads to sex. Does that mean it is impossible to play a straight female in this game?

:thumbsup:

DrDungeon

Developer
My developer friend's girlfriend brought that up, Deuce. I've been wracking my brains to figure out how Tammy might be re-writ to accommodate a more sisterly love approach. Any ideas? A warm hug? A "I'll be there for you?" Funny how one can program thousands of lines and insane complexity, then get stuck on something like this! It reminds me of when Warren Spector commented about the industry once saying "How many other jobs are there where you ask 'Should the dragon be red or green?' :)

DrDungeon

Developer
Also, the "sneak peek" PeeWee mentioned is from Realease Candidate #1, and Madman is likely to appear on Steam Greenlight in a few days! It really is finished now, except 5 minutes ago I improved the progress bar when the game loads. Last touch!

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Really digging some of that music!

By the way, is there a way to use certain inventory items via keyboard? Seems a little cumbersome to drag the mouse back and forth to use the shovel or pickaxe.

PeeWee

Augur
I watched and listened to these 3 videos on "YouTube":
- "MADMAN Character Creation"
- "Dr. Dungeon's MADMAN! Trailer #1"
- "Dr. Dungeon's MADMAN! Trailer #2"
I liked and enjoyed all 3 of them.

As I wrote before:
"insects can now disease you"
"snakes can now eat butterflies"
Maybe I should have spent more attention to the fact that there are now snakes and insects in the new "MadMan".

I do not know what the current version of the new "MadMan" is.

I noticed that Dr. Dungeon’s Internetsite
( http://www.machgryphon.com/ )
had been updated again.

DrDungeon

Developer
Thanks guys! LESS, you're right. I got the "Mach Gryphon Castle" thing muffed with what the title screen was supposed to be, and the screenshots wouldn't upload. Got a friend working on this right now.
Madman really is done now - and I really have you guys on the codex to thank for giving me a lot of butt-kicking for goodness all along the way. :) Kept me going through a spectacularly complicated process.
Now I need to inform the whole planet to go to Steam and vote for it. Maybe even a few nearby planets.

DrDungeon

Developer
I'm planning to let it "cook" a bit on Steam Greenlight to see what sort of attention and reaction I can muster up. But yes, GOG would be the next stop. Right now I'm playing by ear, so to speak. Certainly, the more places I can get it to, the better.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
:necro:

Anybody got any news? DrDungeon, PeeWee? There have been no Steam Greenlight updates since 2014 and nothing new (I think?) on machgryphon.com either.

PeeWee

Augur
Hello, Morblot.

You wrote:
"Really digging some of that music!"
and
"By the way, is there a way to use certain inventory items via keyboard? Seems a little cumbersome to drag the mouse back and forth to use the shovel or pickaxe."

As far as I know, the answer is no, there is not any way to use certain inventory items via the keyboard.

You wrote:
"Anybody got any news? DrDungeon, PeeWee? There have been no Steam Greenlight updates since 2014 and nothing new (I think?) on machgryphon.com either."

There are posts by people on "Steam Greenlight" and those posts have appeared in the year 2015. There is not any news. There is nothing new on machgryphon.com either.

Atantuo

Barely Literate
Hey guys. I learned about these games (Ultizurk etc.) yesterday, and this thread helped a lot in tracking them down.

Unfortunately, since the links provided are (temporarily?) broken, as is Dr. Dungeon's old website, finding downloads for all of them (the RPGs, that is) took a bit of an effort.

To help other people who might stumble upon this thread and are interested in trying these games out, I made a little pack that should be available under:

https://mega.co.nz/#!BMV2CTob!WQHt1uz57JoucsObWcAosftDOhBRZ_LN8UV9w7IFQbA

It includes Ultizurk 1, 2, 3-1, 3-2 and The Great Ultizurkian Underland, as well as the original Madman and Wraith, plus unlocking instructions for the latter two.
I tested all of them under DOSBox 0.74 and as far as I can tell, they all seem to work just fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom